The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA First Buy

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Necrospecter, Oct 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gofishtx

gofishtx Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    I found a couple on Ebay for $20 everyone else was out or wanted over $30

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I got a Dead Rabbit. Atty of the year it's not but it is decent. I have AFC wide open. One nice pro is you really have to put in alot of juice to over drip. Another pro is it's easy to build on. It is a cloudy RDA BUT I still like my Apocalypse much better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. VictorViper

VictorViper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    Yeah, but the Rabbits are selling like absolute hotcakes everywhere. You know how these things go, popularity generally pegs the winner.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I'm predicting the Drop will be the innovation for new style RDAs. First it was velocity style decks then goon style decks it will be Drop style decks. Only time will tell. Like I said though the Dead Rabbit isn't bad.

• Like Like x 2
  5. VictorViper

VictorViper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    Yeah I love the deck on that one, too bad it's on such a crummy looking RDA. But I'm with you, if that deck design doesn't end up taking off I'll be totally surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Necrospecter

Necrospecter Dulce de Leche to rule them all Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    [​IMG] okay so my desk is a mess right now but damn that is sexy looking Thanks again to everyone for the help I am going to order more RDA as soon as I have the cash I love this freaking thing got some Caramel Cap in it right now that I was testing. It is not as hard as I thought it would be and yeah getting the coil in was a bit hard with the shaking but damn it was worth it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Glad you found a rda you are enjoying.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Necrospecter

Supporting member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    Yeah I am very much, in fact, it has made me want to play some Miscreated which I am loading up now :headbang: so now you know how my day will be spent even pre-ordered dinner it will be here at 5

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Necrospecter

Supporting member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    Well loving my RDA have an order on the way with two more I am hooked, however, I do not understand squoking. Why go squoking and not RDTA? seems like much less of a pain in the ..., could someone please explain?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I see you got an Apocalypse. Good choice in my opinion.

You can't get all RDAs set up as an RDTA but you can change the 510 pin in most RDAs and squonk them. Sqonk bottle are also bigger than alot of tanks on some RDTAs. I'm on an RDTA kick right now. I have some that are winners, some that are ok and a couple definite losers. I have a couple more on the way and a few on the wish list.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Squonking provides the hit and flavor from a rda and the convenience of not having to drip. That makes it a good carry setup. You can squonk and drive.

• Like Like x 2
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I hafta admit I don't understand squonking, but I don't understand dripping, either, and if I had to, I'd probably go with a squonker, as dripping would just wind up a huge mess for me, I know it! :)

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  13. mimöschen

mimöschen Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2016
    I'm not into squonking either. But mostly because I just don't like the available squonkmods.
    It's either that they are mechs, which I absolutely do not like, have a formfactor that doesn't suit me, do not deliver the power I want, or are ridiculously overpriced for what they are.
    But luckily there are some RDTAs out there, that perform just as good as a squonker imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    i've gotten very fond of dripping. rather enjoy the ritual. the control. can totally see why the majority of people don't but different strokes etc. squonking? yeah. game changer for me.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Necrospecter

Supporting member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    I fully agree I have not seen a squonking mod I have liked, I do not want a mech mod at all. I like dripping I can change flavors on the fly like now I am sitting here with Butterscotch Cheesecake, Strawberry Cheesecake, Toffee, and Elvis and I can take a few hits of each as I want or do like I did the other day and accidentally mix the butterscotch and strawberry cheesecakes and end up with something that sounds kinda gross but tastes great.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    Both dripping and squonking can end up in a huge mess. But it depends mostly on the RDA used. Most bottom airflow RDAs are crap imo, because if you overdrip/oversquonk, you automatically get juice literally everywhere. That is not a pleasant experience.
    With a good side-airflow RDA that is much more unlikely however.
    IMG_20171112_203836.jpg IMG_20171112_203921.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    Thx Letitia. Although the atty is just a clone.
    But the Goon V1.5 is really nice in singlecoil configuration, has a very smooth airflow, and due to it's large juicewell is very hard to overdrip.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Necrospecter

Supporting member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    It looks good hoping I can find it in purple :D oh hey it does guess what's in my next ft order :D that will bring me up to 5 I really need to stop and save money to get a second mod.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Necrospecter

Supporting member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    so I was distracted looking for that goon in purple I forgot to say that is one hell of a coil you got there I am not sure you should show a pic of it I mean union pacific tends to get upset when you take up part of their tracks

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.