Rda for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Thanks a lot for this explanation, it’s not easy to wrap one’s head around all the different styles of vaping. I’ve seen the word squonk a few times, now I know it’s nothing pervy lol...

Am I correct in assuming that the flavor of an rda is in the same category as an RTA? My RTA (Vandyvape Berserker Mini) is quite intense compared to the atomizer that came with the iStick Pico 75W, I cant possibly imagine that there’s another level...or is there?
And if I would like to get into RDA vaping, I would have to get a new mod, not just an atomizer, correct? That means I won’t invest into another mod right away, at least not before I get a little better and faster with the rewicking process (or tired of it...). I guess squonk mods aren’t the cheapest out there? How do I know if a mod is squonk capable? Are they designated/labeled ‘squonk’ (sounds like a slang word)?

You wouldn't need to by another mod unless you decide you want to use an RDA as a squonk which, as has been pointed out, is by FAR the most convenient way to use an RDA IMO.

You have a Pico iStick 75 on which any of the 22mm RDAs will fit. The Nudge 22 is a great RDA which comes with both squonk and regular pins. It will fit on a Pico 75, I have one and mine sits on that most of the time. Even better IMO is the Recurve RDA which has a 22mm deck BUT a 24mm cap (also comes with both pins). However, they have now released 22mm caps for the Recurve which would also allow it to fit on the Pico. Once my 22mm caps arrive a Recurve will replace the Nudge 22 on that mod. The Nudge 22 is great but I like the airflow more on the Recurve. The Recurve is $24 at 3F Vape, the Nudge $21.

The regulated mods are not all overly expensive either (I'm not into mechs personally - as Jai Haze says "I get nervous as s**t around mech mods" LOL). The Pulse 80 is a superb regulated single battery mod. Light weight, great chip, superb squonk bottle, takes 20700 / 18650 batteries and can also be bought with a refill bottle that you can use to fill the squonk bottle without taking it out. Or you can use the excellent Wotofo squonk refill bottle caps that just fit on your juice bottle after taking off the unicorn spout (keep the top cap so you can move the refill caps around bottles). My Pulse 80 (the version with the refill bottle) cost me $49 (flash sale - reduced from $75), again from 3F Vape. Sometimes, if I fancy a brief change of flavour, I even just vape the RDA on the squonk almost dry and drip something else, not ideal, but frequent changes are one of the benefits of dripping, just don't drip lemon menthol on top of a caramel juice, ewwwwww :confused:

I find lots of folks find the whole squonk set up thing overwhelming. I suppose it can be when you're just getting into it. That said, all the folks I have shown my set ups to are then actually overwhelmed by the simplicity of it all, and the convenience. To a person they have all switched. No fiddly / fickle tanks, RDA flavour (much better IMO to even my best tanks, all of which were rated highly for flavour) and no dripping!

It might not be for everyone, but don't be put off by the (actually non) complexity of it all. Once you squonk you won't go back (would rhyme better if it was called squacking I guess :)).

Last edited:

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I can see how much better squonking is over dripping, however I still happily use my RTA everyday, even though I also have an RDA. Sometimes even when they’re both handy, right next to me. Maybe it’s because of how good my Berserker tastes, or maybe I’m really just that lazy.
My biggest complaint right now is hot vapor, that’s why I’m waiting to get TC compatible coils (since my Pico is TC-ready). I’m hoping to be in vaper’s heaven by then.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I bought my 1st two sqokers recently- Pico squeeze 2- and they are incredibly easy to use. Easier than dealing with finicky RTAs etc. I thought it was going to be some complicated process but it’s not. Maybe that’s because they’ve improved a lot? Or the Squeeze 2 is made well especially for novice squonkers but there isn’t any great mystery to it.

But I LOVE dripping. I love the entire process of deciding which flavor to try then squeezing the bottle & watching it drip into the RDA then tasting that flavor. It’s an experience lol! I find it relaxing. Just like the physical process of vaping and smoking before that.

In addition I DIY so I’ve got multiple flavors available at all times to spoil my tastes buds throughout the day.

Because I’m in the house all day I can enjoy this process. If I was working out of the house then squonking would be my go to way of vaping and getting that awesome RDA flavor. I have several very popular RTAs I hardly use except the Supreme 2 and even that doesn’t get much use nowadays.

So I’ve got 2 squonkers now that I’m glad I bought but aren’t getting used much. That of course could change if my situation changes.

Squonk or Drip on fellow vapers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread