Suggestions for a single coil Squonk RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerox

Oct 5, 2017
Newfoundland and Labrador
The pulse is a single coil squonker. If your RDA is leaking doesn’t that mean that you’ve oversquonked though? No RDA will save you from overfilling
Forgot to mention my Hadley is a clone so it only cost me $12CAD so I'm ok with 'retiring it'.
I just seen that Hellvape released a 22mm single coil dead rabbit so I may check that out!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
You didn't mention whether you MTL or DLH, an important factor when selecting atty's.

I have 2 authentic Hadaly's that I used very little before they were shelved. Flavor can be great in them, especially if using RxW wicking. But by design they are very easy to over squonk enough to be easy leakers when tilted to vape. Their available air is also not up to snuff for my DLH's, far too restricted.

If I were to assume you are looking for a 22mm squonk atty that can do single coil, with an AFC that can do either MTL, restricted or open DLH (or all)... some possibilities.

Entheon (that supposedly fixed the Hadaly issues... I passed on getting any of them).
NarDa
NarCa
Pulse 22
Sepent BF
Wasp Nano
Solo
GP Dripper Pro (the best of the ones I've used for my personal uses).

While I prefer to buy authentic, I think most of them (except the GPDP) are/were available as clones.

I have many others that have been packed away out of use for so long I don't remember for sure what they are.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Reactions: Speigel42

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
You could also look into single sided airflow rdas to help compensate somewhat for oversquonking. Keeping the air intake angled away from where you are most often tilting can buy you a little wiggle room to avoid leaking.

Some examples are the mulciber, le concorde, shift bf, radius v2.

All of these have clone versions as well if you just want to try them out on the cheap.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I bought the Hadley RDA to pair with my Hotcig RSQ 80w Squonk mod and it's been good but not great. I find it's so easy to over squonk and have the Hadley leak on me. Any suggestions for some other single coil squonk rda? Thanks! :D

IMHO, the Hadaly is the best flavor ever built and I have tried alot. There is a small learning curve, but you are going against the design of the atty. It's meant for a light squonk to perfectly moisten the wick, or you could also have to much wick causing it not to revac the juice. I would change up a little to see if can get working better, if all else fails send it me I give it a good home.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Never had a problem with my Hadalys, and still have two authentics and three clones. Like most RDAs, they will leak if you over-squonk.

Having said that, I'm going to agree with some other members and say the Pulse 22 is one of my most "over-squonk-proof-single-coil" RDAs. With the air inlet pipes angled down towards the coil you would nearly have to fill the RDA with juice to get a leak.

• Informative
Reactions: Figs
IMHO, the Hadaly is the best flavor ever built and I have tried alot. There is a small learning curve, but you are going against the design of the atty. It's meant for a light squonk to perfectly moisten the wick, or you could also have to much wick causing it not to revac the juice. I would change up a little to see if can get working better, if all else fails send it me I give it a good home.
I actually have my silver RSQ and Hadaly for sale on reddit! I ended up buying a black RSQ and pairing that with the Pusle 22. Prices in CAD [WTS] - Hotcig RSQ + Hadaly, Joyetech eGo AIO Pro + Coils, & Kennedy Style RDA • r/Canadian_EClassifieds

Reactions: Figs

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I bought the Hadley RDA to pair with my Hotcig RSQ 80w Squonk mod and it's been good but not great. I find it's so easy to over squonk and have the Hadley leak on me. Any suggestions for some other single coil squonk rda? Thanks! :D
Have to agree with members who have recommended the Narda. The AF holes are positioned high inside the deck. The Hadaly has a deceptively deep deck; the AF is situated lower.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
If you like your hadaly, maybe look into the radius v2 by vicious ant. It has a very similar airflow feel and even the familiar 2 smaller air slots. The difference is that the air intake is up higher towards the top of the cap and flows down through the atty (very similar to a hellfire sentinel) and hits the coil from two directions (like a hadaly). The airflow holes are also only on one side of the atty (like a le concorde) so you can aim them away from the direction you tilt when vaping.

I just received my authentic today and am very happy with it. I think this one may just capture top billing as my favorite rda ever.

The clones are up on 3fvape and fasttech if you can't find an authentic (they seem pretty scarce right now). I have one more authentic on its way to me now as well as two clones I preordered on 3fvape.

If I had to describe this atty in one sentence I'd say it is the unholy love child of a hadaly, a le concorde and a sentinel. Literally all the best design elements of those attys in one package.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread