RE: Gorilla Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Just an update, the same thing happened again. I'm thinking the bottle is losing flavor, over time. Anyhow, until Alien vision comes out with a pg/vg, mix, I'm not going to order it again.

I seriously think there is something to this.

GJ was my daily vape (completely in love with it), so I started buying 30ml bottles (I had originally bought 12ml). I then started noticing a reduction in the banana flavor over time as I vaped it. Get a fresh bottle, and nice strong banana flavor, which would then start to diminish as well.

I figured my taste buds were saturated, as mentioned here before, so I put it away and moved onto other juices. That was probably 3 months ago.

Cleaned up my juice drawer, and came across that old bottle along with a very well steeped Bobas. I smelled both of them, and seriously could not tell them apart. The GJ has no banana smell at all, like it normally does when fresh, and smells just like Bobas.

Strange...

nilbog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I still don't see Gorilla juice on the site. What's the ETA on this? Does anyone know? Or am I just not seeing it?

I too would love to know the answer to this as I've seen the question posted several times including in AVE's thread with no responses that I've found. Goodejuice has a couple bottles of 6MG left. I got one and it is really good flavor just no TH. But better than nothing I couldn't wait anymore for AVE. My local store told me they are getting in Boba's, Hype, tomorrow, but no word on GJ? Come on guys it's not all about Bobas! Give us G Juice fans some love too!

vietladin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2009
I seriously think there is something to this.

GJ was my daily vape (completely in love with it), so I started buying 30ml bottles (I had originally bought 12ml). I then started noticing a reduction in the banana flavor over time as I vaped it. Get a fresh bottle, and nice strong banana flavor, which would then start to diminish as well.

I figured my taste buds were saturated, as mentioned here before, so I put it away and moved onto other juices. That was probably 3 months ago.

Cleaned up my juice drawer, and came across that old bottle along with a very well steeped Bobas. I smelled both of them, and seriously could not tell them apart. The GJ has no banana smell at all, like it normally does when fresh, and smells just like Bobas.

Strange...

Exactly. If it no longer smells like bananas, it's not longer going to taste like bananas. Oh well, it was an awesome tasting juice, but did lack throat hit. Not surprising, being that it's 100% VG. I'd love to come back to GJ, and try it again if they can formulate a PG, or PG/VG mix.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I still don't see Gorilla juice on the site. What's the ETA on this? Does anyone know? Or am I just not seeing it?

I was hoping to have it in by now but my flavoring provider is having some issues. I was sent a shipping notice a week ago and only recently was informed the package never left the facility. I'm talking to them today (currently on hold) to make sure this gets here as fast as possible and to make sure no more hiccups occur. I'll have a better answer this evening. I will try to touch base back here once I know.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Update!

Talked to our flavoring supplier and the flavorings have shipped out the issue I was contacted about was an internal error and the package WAS shipped. I expect to have it in the evening of the 20th so ...and don't quote me... Gorilla Juice should be up the 21st (Friday)

I hope this helps!

I was hoping to have it in by now but my flavoring provider is having some issues. I was sent a shipping notice a week ago and only recently was informed the package never left the facility. I'm talking to them today (currently on hold) to make sure this gets here as fast as possible and to make sure no more hiccups occur. I'll have a better answer this evening. I will try to touch base back here once I know.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Update!

Talked to our flavoring supplier and the flavorings have shipped out the issue I was contacted about was an internal error and the package WAS shipped. I expect to have it in the evening of the 20th so ...and don't quote me... Gorilla Juice should be up the 21st (Friday)

I hope this helps!

:banana::banana: Yes it does! :banana::banana: (I see a 100ml bottle of GJ leaving your facilities soon...)

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
This is VERY interesting! When I received my very first order of BB, GJ, and MCM from AVE right before they moved, I didn't like GJ or massive choc mint because the flavor was way too strong. I know I shook the bottles, but perhaps all the flavor was still at the top and I didn't shake enough, and therefore too strong for me? :confused:
The GJ was so much overwhelming banana that I didn't like it at all. Boba's was very mild and I figured it needs to steep awhile. Massive choc mint was too harsh, so put them all back on the shelf. Now that they have steeped for several weeks, the banana strength has dminished to the point where it's hardly noticeable, and now GJ is vapable for me, as is MCM! Boba's is pretty good. Not too strong or too weak.
This morning, after reading this thread, I re-visited all 3 juices in boge and smoktek 510 cartomizers, with my ego twist set at 4.2 then up to 4.8 and the GJ and MCM flavors were very mild. In a few minutes I will load a few visiion stardust clearomizers to see if I get the same results. Most of my eliquids seem to benefit from steeping several weeks.
I think I read somewhere else on other threads that flavors can evaporate, but now I have to go search ECF and try to find those other threads!

SimboSlice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Chicago
anyone know when Gorilla Juice is coming back in stock, I don't see anything on AVE homepage

hmmmm, checked the AVE frontpage updates which state that GJ should be back online, but when i check the tobacco flavors section i do not see it. is it sold out again for a bit or am i looking in the wrong place?

vietladin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2009
This is VERY interesting! When I received my very first order of BB, GJ, and MCM from AVE right before they moved, I didn't like GJ or massive choc mint because the flavor was way too strong. I know I shook the bottles, but perhaps all the flavor was still at the top and I didn't shake enough, and therefore too strong for me? :confused:
The GJ was so much overwhelming banana that I didn't like it at all. Boba's was very mild and I figured it needs to steep awhile. Massive choc mint was too harsh, so put them all back on the shelf. Now that they have steeped for several weeks, the banana strength has dminished to the point where it's hardly noticeable, and now GJ is vapable for me, as is MCM! Boba's is pretty good. Not too strong or too weak.
This morning, after reading this thread, I re-visited all 3 juices in boge and smoktek 510 cartomizers, with my ego twist set at 4.2 then up to 4.8 and the GJ and MCM flavors were very mild. In a few minutes I will load a few visiion stardust clearomizers to see if I get the same results. Most of my eliquids seem to benefit from steeping several weeks.
I think I read somewhere else on other threads that flavors can evaporate, but now I have to go search ECF and try to find those other threads!

Very interesting, and very relevant to what we have been discussing in this thread. Really sheds some light on this GJ mystery.

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
I also got some BB and GJ a little over a week ago, the GJ had a nice banana smell to it, pu them both up and tried the GJ today, exact same thing, I can barely, barely taste any banana at all, don't get me wrong still a great vape, lot's of tobacco and a strong spicy fig flavor...but the banana is virtually non-existent.

As a side note, I also had some VV Bananas Foster, that I vaped a ton of about a week ago as well and just checked that and the banana flavor in that has almost completely diminished as well, these are the only two banana flavored juices I own.

Wonder if it has something to do with the banana flavoring breaking down over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread