Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I finally received my DIY e juice Starter kit from Nicotine River. I guess nicotine or something can’t be flown? So it came by truck from CA.

I also received my scale so I’m ready to give it a go tomorrow or this weekend.

My first concoction will be a clone of vape Wilds Hannibal Nectar recipe I found online. I hope it’s close to the real thing.

I also found a real easy peasy e juice calculator. Even easier than one recommended on here. Here’s the link
DIY e-Juice Calculator w/weight - Vaper.ninja
I don’t think it gets much easier than that. Well at least I hope it is!!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I finally received my DIY e juice Starter kit from Nicotine River. I guess nicotine or something can’t be flown? So it came by truck from CA.

I also received my scale so I’m ready to give it a go tomorrow or this weekend.

My first concoction will be a clone of Vape Wilds Hannibal Nectar recipe I found online. I hope it’s close to the real thing.

I also found a real easy peasy e juice calculator. Even easier than one recommended on here. Here’s the link
DIY e-Juice Calculator w/weight - Vaper.ninja
I don’t think it gets much easier than that. Well at least I hope it is!!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!
I hope you will not be too disappointed if its not. Just be sure you give it enough steeping time before you judge it.
More often than not, new mixers really do better starting off with 1 flavor mixes. What type of flavors did you get?

:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I ran into a problem... the “precision” scale didn’t go to .00 grams only .0 so that messed me up.

I ended up doing it by volume so we’ll see how it comes out.

I’m sending this scale back and already ordered a real “precision” scale!!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I ran into a problem... the “precision” scale didn’t go to .00 grams only .0 so that messed me up.

I ended up doing it by volume so we’ll see how it comes out.

I’m sending this scale back and already ordered a real “precision” scale!!
@Sugar_and_Spice is right, you should also do the singles. Not saying don't mix the recipes, just do the singles too. If something fades during steeping you won't know what faded without the tedious homework. Also some flavors are delicious as singles.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Have fun! Started with single flavors that I mixed in my tank. Slower start, but I really understand my flavors and have fun with my own recipes. Wishing you success and luck. Do try to let them steep a bit, although berries can be a faster steep, so you may get some sense quite soon.... Hope it all goes well for you :)

Anna

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
The nic darn auto correct

It's not just the nic- some flavors can't legally be shipped air except in very small (cumulative over the entire package, IIRC) quantities, for fairly silly reasons- I'd like to see you set them on fire, but...

Nic River got dinged for this a while back and since then they have followed the letter of the law (a good idea once a regulatory agency has its eye on you.) Almost no one else does, so it must kind of suck for them. At any rate, if you want things from them you kind of need to batch them up so that you wind up over the free shipping threshold.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Have fun! Started with single flavors that I mixed in my tank. Slower start, but I really understand my flavors and have fun with my own recipes. Wishing you success and luck. Do try to let them steep a bit, although berries can be a faster steep, so you may get some sense quite soon.... Hope it all goes well for you :)

I think it's reasonable to start off by ordering for, and making, some highly rated recipes.

That said, aside from mixing in your tank, I think your approach is the approach everyone who wants to be able to customize juice to their own tastes should take, eventually. To really get to know your flavors you need to test them alone, at a few percentages.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
It's not just the nic- some flavors can't legally be shipped air except in very small (cumulative over the entire package, IIRC) quantities, for fairly silly reasons- I'd like to see you set them on fire, but...

Nic River got dinged for this a while back and since then they have followed the letter of the law (a good idea once a regulatory agency has its eye on you.) Almost no one else does, so it must kind of suck for them. At any rate, if you want things from them you kind of need to batch them up so that you wind up over the free shipping threshold.

Thanks for that info. I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m order from them.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I think it's reasonable to start off by ordering for, and making, some highly rated recipes.

That said, aside from mixing in your tank, I think your approach is the approach everyone who wants to be able to customize juice to their own tastes should take, eventually. To really get to know your flavors you need to test them alone, at a few percentages.

I actually used the 30 ml plastic squeeze bottles that came with the kit. I suppose u could mix single flavors in a tank though.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I actually used the 30 ml plastic squeeze bottles that came with the kit. I suppose u could mix single flavors in a tank though.
No do not mix in your tank. Nic hot spots are quite unpleasant I hear. You don't have to mix 30ml just because you are using a 30ml bottle. I would encourage you to order some 15ml bottles from ebay. After your singles are mixed you can combine them in your tank.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA

Just to be clear, I was saying that IMHO you _shouldn't_ mix in your tank, for a lot of reasons. It worked for @stols001, but it's not generally a good idea.

On the other hand @stols001 approach of _really_ knowing her flavors is a good one, and it's one most people who mix a lot eventually come to. She short-circuited the process a bit ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread