Ready to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Boston, Ma
It's very difficult to give you an exact answer as to what will work for you. Everyone is different and you'll most likely find that what you choose in the beginning may not turn out to be what you use in the end. As for quitting analogs. People vary there too. My husband smoked nearly 2pks a day for over 20 years. He stopped smoking them completely after less than a week of vaping. He's had no urges to light up since. Me, I smoked over 2pks a day. It took me almost a month before I stopped. I still have a tough time. I wake up feeling like something is missing.

Here's a post he wrote about our first experiences with vaping.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...8093-choosing-e-cig-my-process-hindsight.html

Dea

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Thanks for the responses.

Glad to hear it has worked for people.

If the worst thing smell-wise I have to worry about is pleasant aroma then you've put that fear at ease.

Do either of you, (or anyone else) have any suggestions about which equipment to buy?

I'd like to buy one and be done, unfortunately I don't have the financial means to really play around with a lot of different ones (looking around on my own it seems most starter kits are $80 and up)

If anyone can give me a short list of the best on the market I'd be very grateful.

Personal experience Pro's and Con's are very welcome. :)

Thanks alot. :)

I believe the best choice for someone just starting is a two piece design like the VaporKing at Vapor4Life:: Because it's your life :: Electronic Cigarettes & Alternatives to Smoking. I say that because fiddling with liquids and equipment can be a turnoff for many new to e cigs. As you progress, you may want to include other models, but I think this is the best introductory models.....and believe me, I have owned most of them.

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yes.... it's Ford vs. Chevy vs. Toyota. But the Ford and Chevy guys are running wide tires, performance chips, aftermarket exhaust, and tweaked suspension. The Toyota guy forgot to take the sales sticker off of the window... he's just been driving the thing.

This simply isn't true. (from a guy running a 901 straw modded cart attached to a 510 atty which is modded to take 801 batteries.....And LOVING it). :)

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
I'm a gadget lover, So when I seen a family member using a PV I just had to have one. It looked like a fun toy. I didn't really have any intentions of quitting at the time as I had gave up on ever being able to quit.

I ordered a dse901 kit (for half the $80.00 you mentioned) and havn't looked back. I've had a few analogs since when my atomizer went out on me. Quitting cigarettes was just a by-product of the vaping for me. By that last statement I am making the point on how easy it was for me to quit. Not that it is unimportant enough to just be a side note.

As far as model choices I don't regret getting the 901. Earlier was mentioned about getting a two piece model but for me I figured it would be cheaper to refill my own carts and yes I do use a "mod" to improve my experiance. It is just a simple cart filler change that works great. ( Lipton tea bag).

Now I am getting the "Chuck" PV. The idea of vaping up to 4 days on 1 rechargeable battery is fantastic.

Dea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Boston, Ma
I didn't find it hard to quit analogs. My doctor was thrilled but because of health issues he wanted me to take it very slowly.

I have two major problems. I feel like something is missing and the habits that come from smoking. Change is an extremely difficult thing for me. Put it this way. We needed a new coffee pot. My husband couldn't find an identical machine. The buttons were on the right side not the left which is what I'm used to. He called me to make sure it would be ok before he bought it. Real funky part, I don't even drink coffee.

All I know at this point is I have NOT smoked 680 cigarettes right now. :)

AngelVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
New York
I just wanted to say good luck to you. I am new to this forum but have been analog free for 3 months, it was an accident. I thought if I can just cut back a little then this whole thing wont be a waste. Being so used to failing attempt after attempt, I didn't want to feel excited or believe this may work for me. It did! Again, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread