Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
Is this normal??? I got my first 901 model a week ago and it literally feels like I'm trying to suck a whale through a straw!!! I know some models have harder draws than others but this is different, it's as if the holes in the atty are all completely plugged up... Has anyone else had this experience, and if so, is there anything I can do about it? The irony is it's still under warranty but since I bought it from Heaven Gifts in China, I'd have to pay shipping to send it back to them for exchange. Grrr... :grr:

t3nkra

Dec 7, 2009
New York, NY
Bought my first ecig Friday, granted a 4081 not a 901 but I thought mine was messed up too. Same problem, felt like I was going to blow a blood vessel in my brain getting vapor out of the damn thing. 2 days into owning it, it began to work better and better and keeps getting better. I've also heard many others mentioning this "break-in" period. Try giving it a couple days.

fatalis

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
The 901 has a vent hole in the side of the atty. You're not accidentally plugging that with your fingers.. are you? That hole needs to be clear, free and open. Else the draw is VERY hard.

No, I've been making extra sure to leave that hole open. No difference though, may as well be plugged. :(

DeadRevel

Dec 10, 2009
England
Yes, this happens to me on and off. Sometimes clearling it by blowing down the atomiser works. I stick a piece of tissue over the end to catch the nicotine. Sometimes it's about getting the right amount of juice in the cartridge, too. And also, there are several ways to inhale. Sucking with your lips, and breathing from deeper towards your lungs, if that makes sense tend to create different 'draws'.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Back to the hole in the side of the atomizer... stick a needle through it and make sure it isn't clogged with the finish. A 901 atty won't have a hard draw if the hole is open and it isn't flooded. Even if it's dead, it will have a light draw. The last few attys I got from Wayne died fast. Not sure what that's about. Not buying anymore though.

ceo51378

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
Annapolis MD
Usually when any atty starts getting hard to draw (901, 801, 510, etc), thats the beginning of the end. If you blow out your atty and it is still hard to draw, that means there is too much liquid fried and crusted around the coil and inside the atomizer. It will eventually start over heating and die. You could try to use a needle through the battery side to open it back up (but you run risk of hitting the coil), or try the dozens of techniques out there to clean the atty... but in the end, it's a $6 part. Trust me, it's cheaper just to replace them than spending money on supplies to resurrect them. I never had luck with the 901's; they had too short of a life span. The 801's got too hard to draw too quickly for me. My 510's have been great. As with all my atomizers, I blow them out once a day and drain them at night. So far, none of them have died on me yet. But when they start getting hot, I place an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread