Rebuilding Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hey everyone I'm looking to buy wire and possibly wick material, which I would like to get online I possible. I'm in the USA. I like buying from reputable stores that have good customer service, packaging, etc. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

hello Chivalry9mm, welcome to ECF

here is a darn good site for all your rebuild needs

- Lightning Vapes - All the RBA Materials you need! Silica Wick, Ekowool, Kanthal Wire, Stainless Steel Mesh and more!

good luck
:)

You can most of your supplies from local hobby stores or walmart. The kanthal is the only thing that I bought online when making my kit.

My Rebuilding Kit
- 1x Small Wire snips (Walmart)
- 1X Small Slip-Joint pliers (Walmart)
- 1x Needle Nose pliers (Walmart)
- 1x Butane Torch (Lowe's)
- 2x Tweesers (Owned Previously)
- 1x Drill Bit kit (Walmart)
- 1x Bag of Cotton (Walmart)
- 1x Electrical Tape (Owned Previously)
- 2x Small Phillips Screwdrivers (came with tanks)
- 1x Small Finger nail clippers (Owned Previously)

You almost might want to look into buying some type of bag to carry all the stuff in. I bought a Condor EMT Pouch which is able to hold all of my tools, juices, batteries, tanks, chargers, and mods.

Edit: I ordered kanthal off of amazon from Lightning Vapes and it has been great so far! So I would recommend them as well.

Hope this helps ya out!

Last edited:

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hey everyone I'm looking to buy wire and possibly wick material, which I would like to get online I possible. I'm in the USA. I like buying from reputable stores that have good customer service, packaging, etc. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Chivalry9mm,

I've had good service everywhere - RTD VAPOR, LIGHTNINGVAPES AND TEMCO - but here's a good one that may not be linked
Wick and Wire

Good Luck................................Good Luck......................................................:)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
A very warm welcome to ECF. For the wire I only use one site. They are the supplier for a lot of other places. This is the direct link.
Resistance Wire
For wicking material, I went to eBay for my SS mesh, and I use CVS or Walgreens for my cotton.
If your looking for silica or other wicking material, sorry I can't be much help.
But glad to see new faces here.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
I like the flavor of cotton better. super super cheap a bag would last a year. I used regular cotton for a long time had a funky taste for the first few puffs but its all worth it to me after that. started using organic after a buddy gave me some. seems to wick better and less funky on the first few drags. but slyica is good also. I just prefer cotton. never tried the others

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I can't say about the organic, but I only use the sterile cotton like in a hospital. Very clean flavor and really easy to change out in my setup's. I only use micro coils, so I can swap out the cotton and not have to rewrap.
And when I say micro coils, I'm talking about NOTHING bigger that 1/16th ID, usually a tad smaller than that for me. YMMV

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Ok so another question, what is the pros and cons of just using cotton from Walgreens vs silica/ecowool etc.?

Cotton is cheap. Many people feel it has the best flavor. It's major drawback is it doesn't last as long as other wicking materials and if you try to dry burn it, it will burn.

Silica is midrange in price. It is also very durable, the wick can withstand a dry burn easily. It's major drawback is that it tends to mute flavors the most and some people have health concerns regarding inhaling silica.

Ekowool is the middle-ground product in regards to both flavor and durability. It will outlast cotton and can withstand dry burns, and has better flavor than silica. It is however, the most expensive wicking material, and being the Jack-of-all-trades, it is master of none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread