Received EGO: Thoughts and Comparison vs. "store" e-cigs and Newbie advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I have been doing the same thing today. For some reason the smaller size appeals to me sometimes. I keep switching back and forth, lol. It is why I just ordered a KR808D-1 - just to try it. I am curious to see the difference more than anything.

I hope you'll post another comparison when you get it.

Vapulicious

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
E.Tx
I was fortunate enough to find this forum before i went out to buy, i purchase lots of things through the net, my entire pc for one. So i knew that if info was out there on e-cigs, then the internet is the place to start. I started with the 510 based on what i found here, soon graduated to a mod, then straight to the Ego. Vendors should include their buisness cards with all orders sent as well as a card for ECF, so the word gets out!

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I hope you'll post another comparison when you get it.

I will add my thoughts when I get it. I very much doubt the KR808 will replace the EGO even if it is good. But I think different sizes/types have their place/need. I bought a set of premium carto's with it as people say they are much better than the original.

We will see....

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I would be dripping into the drip tip about every 4 minutes, if I got 12 good vapes -- when I vape constantly, which is quite often.

Is the flavor that much better doing it that way, compared to using cartos?

Yes, much, much better! With a drip tip, adding drops is really easy and becomes second nature, sort of like shifting gears in a car. I usually have a 3-5ml bottle of juice on hand for this purpose.

Some people drip using an empty cart, which is a good way to try out dripping, but kind of a hassle to do it regularly.

Just take off the cartridge, add 3 drops of juice to the atty, replace the empty cartridge (i.e. without any filler), then vape away. When the taste starts to drop off, or you start getting a burnt taste, remove the cart and drip some more.

With a drip tip, you don't need to keep removing and replacing a cart. The Super T drip tips are best ( and more pricey) because they have a funnel design that allows the liquid to go directly to the right spot on the atty.

Give it a try. You'll become hooked to dripping

I wish you would have mad me read this BEFORE I bought my crappy fake cig.....thanks. J/K, I think I went the wrong way about this like so many others. I didnt do ANY research before ordering my first e-cig, the SS Choice Number 7 Micro. After reading in the forums I ordered an eGo, and wishing I would've done some research first. Thanks for the post, very informative!

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
I wish you would have mad me read this BEFORE I bought my crappy fake cig.....thanks. J/K, I think I went the wrong way about this like so many others. I didnt do ANY research before ordering my first e-cig, the SS Choice Number 7 Micro. After reading in the forums I ordered an eGo, and wishing I would've done some research first. Thanks for the post, very informative!

Don't feel to bad about it I'd bet atleast 80% of the people on this forum regret their first purchase after finding this place. The good news is you could of done much much worse the SS ecig, you might still even use that one occasionally after getting an eGo. My first was a health e-cig turned me off completely to vaping only decided to look into again recently when they jacked the taxes up again here. Loan out your SS to friends to try to convert them, I wouldn't give out the health(if it still worked) to anyone unless I really despised them :)

slin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SoCal
Wow! If only I had joined ECF and you had posted that before I bought GreenSmokes, I would've saved $300! Oh well, live and learn. I'm now the proud and satisfied owner of a 510PT and an eGo, and I'll be getting at least a partial refund from GS. That'll just give me more money for juice, Mega attys, cartomizers, and carts!

I am returning GS also and RIVA is on it ways. Why only partial refund from GS?

Jim K.

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Michigan
7. My initial thought is to try stronger tasting liquid. The reason is vaping does not give the "lung hit" as much as an analog but you get the throat hit. I think a stronger tasting liquid might be helpful to me.

I find that the "lung" hit is a bit better with VG juices because i think they put out more vapor, and a higher nicotine level seems to help. I use 28-36mg. May just be me though.

sjrily

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
NW Arkansas
Great stuff, TheBuss!! I just started my OCD research, your post saved me a ton of time! Should make a n00bie purchase soon, then I can start researching all these other dripping atty acronyms *lol*

Love the avatar, BTW. Tombstone is my all time favorite movie. I reiterate Doc's line, word by word. Nobody will watch it with me anymore...

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
LOL, thanks. Agreed Tombstone is a great movie.

Here is the math to get started with EGO kit.

Kit from LiteCig: $55

Initial supplies:
10 Cartomizers: $16
2 10ml bottle of liquid: $8.50
Total cost: $79.50

This will last 2-3 weeks, easily.

This is a good thread to read for newbs as it took me days of solid reading to know this much back then - literally.

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Yikes. I feel like I chain vape all day and in severe need of an intervention and use less than that... LOL. You likely use LR atomizers as they go through liquid in a hurry...

Nope. Boge 510 cartos. 6 ml per day is about what I go through a day. That amount refills 12 cartos. Each carto lasts about an hour.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Great post!

#6 - Yes, manuals do offer better control, but subtract from the smoking experience. Most of my batts are manual, but I do keep an auto Kr8 around for those occasional times I get hit with a bad craving. It just adds one more thing that is similar to smoking, and it helps. But, the performance is definitely more fickle, so I use manuals most of the time and do prefer them over-all.

#8 - Nah, you're not doing it wrong. Carts don't last very long. That's why a lot of atty-users mod their carts, or drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread