Received Inferno today. Some questions, if you could help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Hi, everyone! As with other newbies, I have questions. I'm sure this gets old, but I want to be sure stuff's working before talking to Volcano. I've searched here for Inferno, but my questions weren't what were asked already, that I could see.

I went from the Magma to the Inferno which is a big change. Is the Inferno (looks like a big Sharpie) supposed to have a hard drag/pull? It's like sucking on a straw with your finger completely over the end. I've unscrewed it a bit, but it's still weird and I can't unscrew it enough to what I'm used to or it doesn't work, of course. I'm used to really long draws from smoking 100s and then using the Magma. Something to get used to or broken product?

Secondly, my smaller battery that came with a pass-through won't work at all. It won't work through the pass-through, and when I plug it into the charger, the button will flash a few times like the bigger battery, but then the charger light stays green. The button won't light at all when I unplug it and push the button. Dead as a doornail. The charger worked on my big Sharpie but isn't doing squat for the smaller one. We're guessing it's a bum battery, but I'm afraid of getting a replacement and then having a faulty charger that just happened to work and will quit. Should I take both battery and charger with me to see Volcano?

Thirdly, I'm getting juice where you unscrew the Sharpie from the (tank? atomizer?) thing that tapers and gets hot. My bf says that's normal, but I don't know. I unscrewed that part from the battery and the threads were wet and there was liquid in the non-battery part that I had to remove with a Kleenex. That's the best I can explain it without pictures :/.

I think that's it right now. Big change from the Magma, and I really don't want to have bum equipment and just think it's normal and I need to get used to it. We'll be taking the battery and charger and/or pass-through to Volcano so they can check it out.

I'm vaping on the big Sharpie right now, but if it's supposed to be that hard of a draw/pull, I'm going to be exhausted!

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
For your second battery try hitting the button 5 times in a row it should turn on. they have a on and off when hitting the button 5 times in a row.

Wow...I feel even dumber now. My first issue was fixed because I didn't need the O-ring and now I've made another mistake. Thank you so much for your reply. It's working now. I didn't watch or read anything about that. I'm gonna go sit on a stool with a pointy hat on now.

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I wish Volcano had a little instruction sheet for their stuff, great company but I felt lost to when I bought my Inferno Kit. Just jump on their forums or the Chat and someone will help ya. :)

I know!! I wrote on their Facebook about the leaking and hard draw and received an answer in no time, but it was after posting here. I just received the order sheet with my stuff, so I was lost. I've watched some videos, but I don't recall seeing the button thing. Thank you for replying :).

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
i got the inferno kit and am very pleased with it. i noticed on one of the tanks i got the the draw was very hard and on the other tank it leaked all the time. so i switched to using cartomizers which are pretty hassle free. sucks to hear about the pass through.

That was one of my problems, curt. With the tanks, you don't need the O-ring on the batteries. They failed to mention that. Drawing really hard led to flooding it. If you ever want to try tanks again, you could do that. I had to ask on Volcano's Facebook page.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
Not sure if it would help you but I have purchased tanks for my lavatube and my inferno They are a whole ton easier to use than the tank system the inferno comes with. The first tank i purchased was a Tubetank 3ml from volcano. The second is a smoktech 5ml from madvapes. Not only that but the smoktech 3 hole punch cartos are less than 3 bucks each and will work in either the tube tank OR smoktech tanks. I know you just bought your inferno and werent looking to spend more money but they are a whole lot more convenient and if you like to switch juices, this will allow you to just unscrew and then thread on a new tank and vape away. BTW I purchased 1.5ohm dual coil cartos but most would recommend 2 ohm cartos instead (which are readily availble in the same kits for no extra) Personally I like to keep my inferno and a few dct's filled and in my carry case for easy switching and I will never suffer a dead carto on 4 tanks all at once. Also with the smoktech 3 hole cartos you can vape high vg content e-liquid no problem.

Hope this helps and enjoy.

View attachment 82504 View attachment 82505

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread