Recently passed 7 years of solid vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hi all! So I haven't logged in here in a LONG time but came back today to do some research and realized that I had passed 7 years of vaping! Crazy how time flies. Way back before I started vaping, I came to ECF, which turned out to be such an amazing and valuable place for all things vape. I met new people and learned so much before my first purchase. Shortly after joining here, I actually won an original Provari in one of the forum contests :) Today, that same Provari is still my daily driver and it has never failed once. I am amazed that the threads on the battery cap are still as smooth and tight as the first day. Truly amazing quality.

I noticed that everything has changed...like big time. It's seems like vaping is almost all sub ohm now?! What the heck? I still use 1.8-2.0 Ohm Smok Clearomizers on my Provari and my $9 mod. Both use 18650 batteries which I buy new and change once every 1.5 years or so (probably a little too long between changes, I agree).

I noticed that when I see vapers nowadays, they are blasting out gigantic plumes (must be the sub ohm stuff). I got sort of excited about it and I walked into a local vape shop and everything was sub ohm. I was totally out of the loop and had no idea what was what. The gentleman at the counter was very helpful explaining what sub ohm was all about, which was great. When he saw my Provari, he explained how provape was no longer...wow, I was shocked :/

Anyways, just popping in to say what's up!

ice

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, congrats on seven years! That's amazing and inspiring. I can only imagine how jolting it would be to view the current vape market in comparison to when you started. I came quite late to the game and have less than a year and a half at this (probably a little less) and I find it hard to keep up with the new stuff reaching the market every week.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
4279919.jpg

Congratulations on 7 years!

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Rolla MO
Congrats. I've moved on to subohm as well, but my favorite vape is a 1.6 ohm single coil on my Kennedy dripper. I have it on a Tesla Invader 3 (dual batt) and need to crank it up to 6 volts to get around 25 watts.

Nice, cool, restricted lung hit. Clouds galore. No popping whatsoever. Hopefully, I'll find a provari procyon in the classies one day. I'd much rather have a tube mod than a dual box mod.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Vaping for 7 years. Are you rebuilding and mixing? My view is if something is working leave it alone. Life long vapers should probably be provisioning incase of government interference but why amp things up if you like your vape and aren't smoking.

If we went looking for the person who has been vaping the longest what would we find? May be there needs to be a thread for that.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
Yes well done . I started on a DSE801 classic pen style and it was crap compared to what I'm using now in fact it was crap full stop. I was a dual user for the first 2 years of vaping as those old e cigs just didn't cut it . was so amazed when I first tried an ego and ce4 . Then I was off with the mods and sub ohming and it's great to be a vaper these days .

Reactions: RainSong

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Congrats. Amazing accomplishment!

I looked into vaping 6-7 years ago and it wasn't for me based on the technology (or lack of) of the times. How anyone successfully quit smoking with "golden age" vaping gear still amazes me.
I got into vaping around the same time and got into rebuildable gennies, tbh if your still a mtl hitter, it wasn't to far off of what's around now. I use to do my own coils in the .8 ohm range and use a mech which gave me around 20 watts which was 6 years ago. Yes if one didn't do gennies back then, then it was indeed a lot harder to quite. Before doing that, I did almost give up doing the cig a likes a cartomizer type things

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BreSha6869
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread