Recipes Only (non Nicotine or other premade e-juices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Thanks for starting this Dan. Lots of good ideas. I'm gonna try my hand at it tonight and hopefully have a good report for the thread. Main reason is my girlfriend is vaping now and we have yet to find her a menthol she likes. She's gathering supplies now to start on very own lab...lol

The menthol my wife loves is one I made, here is my recipe:

Make the menthol concentrate:
Crush your menthol crystals (Safely, I use a double ziplock bag and rolling pin) Fill up a 10ml bottle with the menthol powder (use gloves and eye protection) When it is full add everclear until it is full (again). Cap it and shake it under hot running water. Will disolve completely in a few minutes.

Make tobacco mix:
Add 2 drops tobacco absolute ($2.00) in 10ml of everclear.
Add 1ml of Ethyl Maltol Cystals ($2.00) to 10ml of everclear.

Create a tobacco flavor juice:
Fill 10ml bottle with 7ml of PG
Add 20 drops tobacco absolute mix
Add 20 drops Maltol mix
Add 20 drops Caramel flavoring (Loranns)
Add 20 drops Hazelnut flavoring (Loranns)

Final mix for the tobacco flavored menthol:
Fill 10ml bottle with 9ml of PG, 10 drops menthol flavoring, and 40 drops Tobacco flavored juice.

Thats it, she loves the flavor!
Hope she likes it.
Dan

Last edited:

Paworkingmom

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Some people use distilled water and some use vodka, me I like the vodka. I use typically 20% water/vodka to 80% VG. It is about right to me. I read somewhere on viscosity checks to tilt a mirror at 45 degrees and drip a drop of the liquid you are trying to match and time it as to how long it takes to run before slowing or stopping. Then do the same with your test batch and get it as close as you can by slowly adding in water/vodka.

Hope this helps
Dan

Thanks for the excel calculator. It is a great idea.

Pumaman

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
I'm almost embarrassed to post something this simple, but I was just experimenting and holy crap!

Raspberry Cinnamon

24 drops (or parts) PG
6 drops VG
6 drops Loranns Raspberry
1 Drop Loranns Cinnamon oil

Yes, I know the Cinnamon oil is oil and supposed to be no go. I'm frankly not worried about toasting an atty nearly as much as say, oh, lipid pneumonia, but I had already brought it, so what they hey. People inhale essential oils in steam all the time, I don't think one drop will kill me. I actually added it to get throat hit, which I didn't, but the flavor! I have never gotten anything close to this out of my 510 before. Now I have to hunt down some PGA and try that for the hit.

Logaems

Oct 13, 2009
I've started experimenting with vaping.
Brought out the MAD SCIENTIST in me.
bought VG at Wally world and some extracts from the spice aisle.
Mixed some juice up and it was a nice vape.
So, I overdid it and made too much.
probably enough to last TOO LONG.
But, then started thinking, what about using my juice in a ultrasonic vaporizer.
Made a little "waterpipe" using a canning jar, the little fogger out of a decorative "fog bowl" and voila - - ultrasonic vaping.
Thanks for getting my mind going!:)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I've started experimenting with vaping.
Brought out the MAD SCIENTIST in me.
bought VG at Wally world and some extracts from the spice aisle.
Mixed some juice up and it was a nice vape.
So, I overdid it and made too much.
probably enough to last TOO LONG.
But, then started thinking, what about using my juice in a ultrasonic vaporizer.
Made a little "waterpipe" using a canning jar, the little fogger out of a decorative "fog bowl" and voila - - ultrasonic vaping.
Thanks for getting my mind going!:)

Any chance you can post a pic in operation? Had considered one of these for an eHooka :)
BTW do you drip into a resivor? and how do you stop the unit from shutting off when it falls below the sensor?
This look like the one your using? http://www.amazon.com/Cal-Ornamental-Fogger/dp/B0009YF1I8

Thanks
Dan

M3Tyler

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
So. Cal
Make the menthol concentrate:
Crush your menthol crystals (Safely, I use a double ziplock bag and rolling pin) Fill up a 10ml bottle with the menthol powder (use gloves and eye protection) When it is full add everclear until it is full (again). Cap it and shake it under hot running water. Will disolve completely in a few minutes.

Dan,

How much of the menthol crystals/powder do you add to the 10ML concentrate? I've got like 1/4 ounce of it I haven't touched yet because I'm not sure of the best way to use it...

Logaems

Oct 13, 2009
These are the ingredients I used in the E-Hooka:

1 ounce of VG
7 ounces of distilled water
1/6th of an ounce of Anise Extract (McCormick's)
1/10th of an ounce of Cinnamon Extract (McCormick's)

It's sweet and flavorful and has a slight TH.
Probably from the alcohol in the extracts.
I've been vaping on it regularly for 2 days,
and no noticeable lowering of the level or flavor.

Dave

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan,

How much of the menthol crystals/powder do you add to the 10ML concentrate? I've got like 1/4 ounce of it I haven't touched yet because I'm not sure of the best way to use it...

I put in three spoon fulls into a a ziplock bag, and put that bag into another ziplock bag and crush it fine with a rolling pin. Then (With rubber gloves and eye protection) I fill a 10ml bottle full of the powder, lightly tamping on the conter to settle the powder. Next refill it with everclear. I say refill because when you start to add it, the powder will disolve. Fill it with everclear and cap it. Then shake and hold it under hot water continually shaking. It will completely disolve in a couple minutes. Now use one drop per ml ejuice and you are good!
Thats it.
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Hey Dan, That's the same, although found mine at walmart in the clearance aisle. (I'm cheap):)

Here's a pic:

I hope this works.:confused:

Dave

It did!

These are the ingredients I used in the E-Hooka:

1 ounce of VG
7 ounces of distilled water
1/6th of an ounce of Anise Extract (McCormick's)
1/10th of an ounce of Cinnamon Extract (McCormick's)

It's sweet and flavorful and has a slight TH.
Probably from the alcohol in the extracts.
I've been vaping on it regularly for 2 days,
and no noticeable lowering of the level or flavor.

Dave

Cool! I gotta get me one of those... and then convert a real hooka to and ehooka.. hehehehe
Thanks!
Dan

Bubo

ECF Veteran
I'm going to repost an email that I sent to Happy Vapor this morning after receiving my Vanilla Custard flavoring...

Oh. My. Gawd!

I got home last night and put one drop of the Vanilla Custard in my cart.... Finished that cart up and did it again... And again... And again... And again... And again... And again... And again... And again... And again... And again... And again...
Woke up this morning, set up my stuff and did it again... And again... And again... And again... And again...

Oh. My. Gawd. You better be on the look out for the cops - this stuff is addictive!
YUMMY! :)

Just for those who'd like to try! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread