Recommend me a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
My all time favorite is the Cthulhu, but I hate working on it. I have four of them, but as much as I love the vape, I hate the tiny deck. My middle aged eyes have gotten to the point where even rewicking a Cthulhu is painful.

The Crius is easier to work on and vapes well, but the flavor is just not Cthulhu quality, which is a deal breaker when you have a bunch of Cthulhus laying around.

Tried the Aromamizer and the Wotofo Troll rta, and while both are great to work on and have fantastic build quality, they require a lot of power to get a warm vape and the draw resistance is too open for someone like me who wants there to be some resistance on the draw.

Admittedly I do not pay attention to vape gear very much anymore. Recommend me something I may have missed since the last time I was actively looking at vape gear. At a glance, maybe I should try a Geekvape Griffin 25. Thanks.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
My all time favorite is the Cthulhu, but I hate working on it. I have four of them, but as much as I love the vape, I hate the tiny deck. My middle aged eyes have gotten to the point where even rewicking a Cthulhu is painful.

The Crius is easier to work on and vapes well, but the flavor is just not Cthulhu quality, which is a deal breaker when you have a bunch of Cthulhus laying around.

Tried the Aromamizer and the Wotofo Troll RTA, and while both are great to work on and have fantastic build quality, they require a lot of power to get a warm vape and the draw resistance is too open for someone like me who wants there to be some resistance on the draw.

Admittedly I do not pay attention to vape gear very much anymore. Recommend me something I may have missed since the last time I was actively looking at vape gear. At a glance, maybe I should try a Geekvape Griffin 25. Thanks.
You never stated which Cthulhu... they have 3 RTAs out now...

Regardless, if you like the Cthulhu, but found it fiddly, take a look at the Billow line. They have close to the same vape as the Cthulhu imo, but are less fiddly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1AE6308

Feb 13, 2017
So maybe fully opened taifun gt 3, or that limitless with single coil.... ? It has around same air(with that reduction for single coil) as crius, but larger tank, 25mm in diameter, velocity deck....
DSC_1815_1.jpg

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.

Tried the Aromamizer and the Wotofo Troll RTA, and while both are great to work on and have fantastic build quality, they require a lot of power to get a warm vape and the draw resistance is too open for someone like me who wants there to be some resistance on the draw.

I use a headband magnifier works well for me. now if I could just find something for these tremors.

Reactions: Vapenstein

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
OBS Engine is what you need. The wide-open deck with velocity-style posts is a breeze to build on and wick, even with presbyopic eyes and arthritic fingers like mine. It boasts 5.2 mL capacity, splendid top-side filling, and excellent top airflow that adjusts minutely from zero to infinity. If you can make it leak without breaking the glass, you're some kind of wizard in my book.

It comes in 3 colors now (silver, black, gold), priced from ~$20-22 at Fasttech.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
OBS Engine is what you need. The wide-open deck with velocity-style posts is a breeze to build on and wick, even with presbyopic eyes and arthritic fingers like mine. It boasts 5.2 mL capacity, splendid top-side filling, and excellent top airflow that adjusts minutely from zero to infinity. If you can make it leak without breaking the glass, you're some kind of wizard in my book.

It comes in 3 colors now (silver, black, gold), priced from ~$20-22 at Fasttech.

There's also the single-coil Engine Nano, and the 23 mm Engine Mini.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I could never get my Smok TF-RTA to stop leaking. May I ask you how you build and wick it?

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

That tank did pretty well for me. Just broke the second glass on it so now I'm back onto

the Taifun gt3 ($21) from fasttech drilled out 1/16 on all the air holes etc. I think it's a great single coil tank around 40-50w

On the smok biggest leaking cause I had was the wick touching the air holes make sure you make a small gap off the air holes when you wet the wick down.

I also have the G1 deck for it. Used that the most but the dual was great, was even less likely to leak for me. Just put what you need in the holes and trim the rest to fit the chamber.

Reactions: Heartsdelight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread