RTA for chain vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiklord

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2015
i have a few RTAs but non works well for chain vaping, i chain vape and it becoming a habit. i used to rock on limitless, aromamizer, etc...

nowadays i rocking a clone wotofo elevate smm, this part of the world its hard for me to get original, government crackdown and law against vaping.

i prefer something similar single rta. i was thinking of going mesh with, so what u guys think might work?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
i have a few RTAs but non works well for chain vaping, i chain vape and it becoming a habit. i used to rock on limitless, aromamizer, etc...

nowadays i rocking a clone wotofo elevate smm, this part of the world its hard for me to get original, government crackdown and law against vaping.

i prefer something similar single rta. i was thinking of going mesh with, so what u guys think might work?

Hi,
Please define "non works well for chain vaping".

Are the RTA's not holding enough juice to permit chain vaping?
Are you getting "nic sick"?
How are you building the units? Wire/coil type/ID/wraps/wick?
What kind of power are you feeding them?
What is the PG/VG and nicotine content of the juice you are using?

Cheers
I

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Without any further information, however..
For me a higher % of PG worked for me when I chain vaped. I was vaping 70-80% PG on a 2.4mm 1.1ohm coil in an Erl, and never got a dry hit, unless of course the tank was empty. I stopped chain vaping when I switched to Nic salts, but had dry hits here and there. After switching to higher PG salts, 60%+, problem solved. PG wicks a lot faster than VG.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Over six years in and I had not ever been a fan of RTA's. But I am running 5 Wotofo Profile Unity Mesh RTA's 'round the clock' now days and love them. Comes with a 3.5ml glass, but the included 5ml glass ought to hold enough joose to keep a chain vaper happy. I DLH, vape mesh only now days with 26 atty/mod combos. The 9 Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's, and now the 5 Unity Mesh RTA's are the easiest to build out of all of them.

wpupick5.jpg

Some of the gear...
WPUx5s.jpg
profile6mods.jpg
dmp6mods6.jpg

xiklord

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2015
Hi,
Please define "non works well for chain vaping".

Are the RTA's not holding enough juice to permit chain vaping?
Are you getting "nic sick"?
How are you building the units? Wire/coil type/ID/wraps/wick?
What kind of power are you feeding them?
What is the PG/VG and nicotine content of the juice you are using?

Cheers
I

dry wick and burn taste and sometimes the wick would split after.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
If you post a photo of the build, it might help to further diagnose the issue.
The symptoms you describe could be related to the juice you use, the power (watts) you are using, how and with what you are wicking and or your vaping style.

Are you using spaced or contact coils?
Have you tried using Temperature control mode with TC compatible coils? (SS, Ni, Ti, Zr)

Another option is having multiple devices in use simultaneously. Take a few pulls from each to avoid over heating any of them.

Cheers
I

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA

Tha best RTA for chain vaping is one that wicks fastest... it is not GTA style wick that is relatively long and have to transport juice upwards... from over dozen RTAs I have... the best wicking RTA is for me EVL Reaper V3... in Reaper wick is short and wicking holes are above wick shoulders so juice have shorter distance to travel and is supported by gravity of juice above...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The only time I have issues chain vaping is if my wick is too tight. That being said all my rtas have shorter wicks. I would suugest you try adding a couple drops of distilled water to the juice in your tanks for more efficient wicking.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think there is really any specific gear "built for chain vaping" (and what an advertisement that would make.)

I have however, chain vaped most of my equipment and have usually found that it's a wicking issue that is at fault, if I get dry hits, which I don't.

To be fair, I now spread my chain vaping over much equipment and ALSO I don't take like one minute pulls or anything. That strikes me as excessive, Michael Phelps-ish even.

Bit too in your face, KWIM?

Anna

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I just can't see the hype with mesh RTA and RDA's ? I have had dry hits on my AGA-T,and RSST RTA and that's as harsh as I would prefer. Yes mesh leaves a very bad taste .
Mesh chimney coil heads in today's sub ohm tanks are phenomenal for flavor and no dry hits. They have come a long way since the genny days. ;)

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
tell us more about the build, coils, material or metal, liquid and mode used on your vape, the problems points to wicking and building maybe...

The solution to dry hits is rayon instead of cotton.
False.... please dont confuse people here, i do love chain vaping with these RTA:

Creed RTA: not sane for your wallet, liquid consumption is amazing... like a v12...

Zeus X: amazing, love this tank for everything, no dry hits, amazing flavor,

Zeus Single: the best one for chain vaping, single coil, getting a dry hit from this one is something from the past, my option #1 for chain vaping and flava sessions,

Paraoh mini RTA: great for flavors, mostly used for chain vaping with my mech, i love this one for flavor, goes one step beyong Zeus Single...

Themis RTA: Last and not less: gotta rebuild, i have notice this one lasts more, well coils and wicks lastme so much with this babe!

they have never been into Rayon... just cotton, cotton bacon ...

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The symptoms you describe could be related to the juice you use, the power (watts) you are using, how and with what you are wicking and or your vaping style.

Are you using spaced or contact coils?
Have you tried using Temperature control mode with TC compatible coils? (SS, Ni, Ti, Zr)

Another option is having multiple devices in use simultaneously. Take a few pulls from each to avoid over heating any of them.

I second Izan's suggestions. I tend to chain vape myself, and my preferred solution is to have at least two setups available, both using TC.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
False.... please dont confuse people here
It's certainly not false. I do my best to share only the most accurate information. Rayon is highly resistant to dry hits. I did not claim that chain vaping is impossible without rayon.

Personal experience: I upgraded to framed staple coils in my Zeus X but found that my usual cotton bacon prime wicking wouldn't last longer than a day or two no matter what I did. I was running beefy duals at 0.12ohm at 110W and some of the folks here said they were too big for the tank. I'd inevitably hold the fire button a quarter second too long and get a bad hit, then the cotton would be rekt.

So I followed one person's suggestion to try rayon. I am now able to run the same coils at 120W and hold the fire button twice as long without any hint of a bad hit. The rayon lasts for at least two weeks and only needs to be changed due to sediment buildup, showing no signs of scorching. The only time rayon ever failed me was when I wasn't paying attention and let the tank run bone dry.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
It's certainly not false. I do my best to share only the most accurate information. Rayon is highly resistant to dry hits. I did not claim that chain vaping is impossible without rayon.

Personal experience: I upgraded to framed staple coils in my Zeus X but found that my usual cotton bacon prime wicking wouldn't last longer than a day or two no matter what I did. I was running beefy duals at 0.12ohm at 110W and some of the folks here said they were too big for the tank. I'd inevitably hold the fire button a quarter second too long and get a bad hit, then the cotton would be rekt.

So I followed one person's suggestion to try rayon. I am now able to run the same coils at 120W and hold the fire button twice as long without any hint of a bad hit. The rayon lasts for at least two weeks and only needs to be changed due to sediment buildup, showing no signs of scorching. The only time rayon ever failed me was when I wasn't paying attention and let the tank run bone dry.

but is certainly false too lol... is not the solution, the solution might be subject to proof and fail and proof again, until you get the touch fir the wicking situation according the tank... for example , i use the creed RTA at pretty high wattage when have it on a regulated, this tank likes wattage, so running tricore claptons on it, dual 0.25ohm at 115-125W, no dry hits, i was running it yesterday night a 129W by the way, having amazing caramel coffee hits, never gotten any dry hit, i totally know about rayon properties, i feel they leave a weird taste.. thats why i stick with cotton, with cotton bacon to be precise... other brands have failed me that much to stick with that brand...

i like to be precise too when advising someone, so the problem here is subject to a specific process, wicking... i totally hope OP would be able to solve, maybe is just about to try another wikcing technique or process...

Regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread