RTA for chain vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I'm still waiting for closure on OP's previous thread with the obscure claim that his "wicks snap into 2 usually in the middle".
wicks keep splitting
OP, you need to modify your technique. Try a higher nic strength so you don't need to push it so hard. Assuming you can find it in your country.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm still waiting for closure on OP's previous thread with the obscure claim that his "wicks snap into 2 usually in the middle".
wicks keep splitting
OP, you need to modify your technique. Try a higher nic strength so you don't need to push it so hard. Assuming you can find it in your country.
Chain vaping is much like chain smoking, hard to resist or break the habit. High nic usually doesn’t help those afflicted with that particular urge. Learning how to make the rta work for you is the most acceptable option imo.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It takes some extreme chain vaping to snap a wick in two. It strains the imagination that one could tolerate the burnt cotton taste long enough for that to even happen. Perhaps you are applying the term more loosely.

As for upping the strength, getting 'nic sick' definitely motivates me put down the vape for a while. Without fail.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If your wicks are snapping in the coil, you are overwicking. It's also why you are getting dry hits, probably. Sluggish movement of liquid through the wick, because you are overdoing it.

Switch to rayon-- it shrinks when wet. Cotton expands. So wick less, use rayon, or both.

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    As for upping the strength, getting 'nic sick' definitely motivates me put down the vape for a while. Without fail.

Motivated me to make some mixes in a lower strength so that I could continue to chain vape ;)

Chain vaping is much like chain smoking, hard to resist or break the habit. High nic usually doesn’t help those afflicted with that particular urge. Learning how to make the rta work for you is the most acceptable option imo.

Agree completely - I'm a major chain vaper for 2 or 3 hours while I wake up/get ready for work. Used to chain smoke during this time too. It's ingrained and even if I'm nic sick - I still want to vape.

But since I'm vaping at puny mtl wattages in temperature control I'm not much use to the OP ;)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Motivated me to make some mixes in a lower strength so that I could continue to chain vape ;)

Agree completely - I'm a major chain vaper for 2 or 3 hours while I wake up/get ready for work. Used to chain smoke during this time too. It's ingrained and even if I'm nic sick - I still want to vape.

But since I'm vaping at puny mtl wattages in temperature control I'm not much use to the OP ;)
    Nothing puny about you Ange.
    Super-Funny-And-Cute-Animal-Pictures-017.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    wicks keep splitting
    That means the wick is dry and burnt thru the middle causing the bad taste/dry hits.

Reactions: stols001

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    It's certainly not false. I do my best to share only the most accurate information. Rayon is highly resistant to dry hits. I did not claim that chain vaping is impossible without rayon.

Personal experience: I upgraded to framed staple coils in my Zeus X but found that my usual cotton bacon prime wicking wouldn't last longer than a day or two no matter what I did. I was running beefy duals at 0.12ohm at 110W and some of the folks here said they were too big for the tank. I'd inevitably hold the fire button a quarter second too long and get a bad hit, then the cotton would be rekt.

So I followed one person's suggestion to try rayon. I am now able to run the same coils at 120W and hold the fire button twice as long without any hint of a bad hit. The rayon lasts for at least two weeks and only needs to be changed due to sediment buildup, showing no signs of scorching. The only time rayon ever failed me was when I wasn't paying attention and let the tank run bone dry.
    I have to agree with you about rayon. I chain vape 30mls+ per day. (50 MLS happens at random) Cotton is like old kitchen rug for me is soaks up the juice but rayon is like a slip and slide.and transports the juice. My ejuice is 50/50 or 65/35 sub ohm always at 25-40 watts with 20-28 ohm coil ohms.

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Until the OP is willing to learn to marry the build, wick, wattage, juice, and af to the rta no rta will suit them. As far as I know no one has come out with a self sustaining rta yet.
    I dunno ;) many of us are married to our tanks.. My Griffin for a couple years now.. My smm serpent(she is a drunk with juice) and a super cheap Vaux ($4) for my squokers all are my goto tanks. All rayon all 20-28 ohms @20 40 watts

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    totally right, for example me using old ones like themis, paraoh mini and zeus single...Wismec Theorem RTA is another old contender i use according situations!
    Yep,I am stuck to my TFV12 , Amit dual coil, and OBS Engine. I do still use my Limitless RDTA which I love too. Awesome flavor from that device.

It's all personal preference to what we each use and vape style.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I dunno ;) many of us are married to our tanks.. My Griffin for a couple years now.. My smm serpent(she is a drunk with juice) and a super cheap Vaux ($4) for my squokers all are my goto tanks. All rayon all 20-28 ohms @20 40 watts
    I have rtas I love and keep in rotation but that's only because I took the time to find the sweet spot with then. Think OP wants a plug n play rta.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    Yep,I am stuck to my TFV12 , Amit dual coil, and OBS Engine. I do still use my Limitless RDTA which I love too. Awesome flavor from that device.GF

It's all personal preference to what we each use and vape style.
    totally in the point, i like to get Ammit single, ammit dual coil and blitzen, to get all the attys i like from geekvape,

i lost my revolver, that RTA was amazing for chain vaping too, i left it at my ex GF home, then we broke up,

I have rtas I love and keep in rotation but that's only because I took the time to find the sweet spot with then. Think OP wants a plug n play rta.
    he wants a unicorn then.... RTA's requires time and patience...

OP, Found this photo in your album.
    Please tell us about it.

single-clapton.430515

View attachment 817847

Cheers
    I
    well, thats a theorem RDTA o RTA, that also seems to have pretty much cotton...

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    Thanks @P3ch3 for the rundown on the creed, big tank but never got mine right, will try your method
    i broke down my mind 2 months on this b*tch, so if interested to discuss lets move to Creed RTA official post! and lets talk there, i dont have today with me, but could give a hand with yours!

Regards,

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I just can't see the hype with mesh RTA and RDA's ? I have had dry hits on my AGA-T,and RSST RTA and that's as harsh as I would prefer. Yes mesh leaves a very bad taste .
    When you hear mesh today, they are not talking about ss wicks like in genesis, they are talking about mesh coils that use cotton in them, so it's a different animal

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread