Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Have you tried it in comparison to the gr1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have both gr1 and pulse 22. With the large airflow tubes installed on the gr1, the pulse still has more airflow. Just keep this in mind when building the pulse, if you do not place your coil in just the right spot, the flavor drops off dramatically. There is a learning curve to it, and it can take some time to get used to building on it. With that being said, I have to say that the flavor (even when you get the build perfect) is not as good as on the gr1. I also get noticeably more vapor production out of the gr1 than the pulse. I think this is because the pulse is so much more airy.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I haven't used it that way, because I like the draw with the tightest restricters in place, but I've seen several people say that they prefer it without any. Just watch your juice the first few times you squonk, it shouldn't leak unless you oversquonk. I like to look through the airholes and see my liquid cover them, then let go of the bottle. I can't do that with the gr1 with restricters in place but without them you can. Be careful you don't melt the top cap of the gr1, that's been happening a lot. I'm not sure if people's coils are touching it and melting it or if it's melting just from high heat. I have had issues with some driptips touching the top of my coils with gr1....that's my major complaint about it.

Fitvape

• May 7, 2018
    I haven't used it that way, because I like the draw with the tightest restricters in place, but I've seen several people say that they prefer it without any. Just watch your juice the first few times you squonk, it shouldn't leak unless you oversquonk. I like to look through the airholes and see my liquid cover them, then let go of the bottle. I can't do that with the gr1 with restricters in place but without them you can. Be careful you don't melt the top cap of the gr1, that's been happening a lot. I'm not sure if people's coils are touching it and melting it or if it's melting just from high heat. I have had issues with some driptips touching the top of my coils with gr1....that's my major complaint about it.

Yea my dual o-ring tips are too long. I will give it a shot without the restrictors in it. Although I’d still like to find another single coil clear top cap rda

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    From what I have seen, some people set their coils too high in the gr1. I guess they are trying to get the coil away from the airflow tube fearing they will melt. My coils are set as low as I can get them (coil jig pushed down as tight to the coil jig cutouts) which leaves my coils about 1-2mm away from the airflow tubes. Those tubes are very heat resistant and do not melt unless touching the coil.

I have not tried it without the tubes, I like the way it is with the large tubes installed and the airflow cut down some.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2014
    California
    I don't know of any good small rdas that come with clear caps but I do know that some places, like never normal, make clear caps for some attys. I have one for my Haku. They are kind of nice but I don't really rely on them to tell me when to squonk. There are cap sets for the gr1 but iirc they are all colored, not clear.

Fitvape

• May 7, 2018
    I don't know of any good small rdas that come with clear caps but I do know that some places, like never normal, make clear caps for some attys. I have one for my Haku. They are kind of nice but I don't really rely on them to tell me when to squonk. There are cap sets for the gr1 but iirc they are all colored, not clear.

Yea I have checked. All colored

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Fitvape

• May 7, 2018

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Yea my dual o-ring tips are too long. I will give it a shot without the restrictors in it. Although I’d still like to find another single coil clear top cap rda

The Hotcig Castle is a single coiler that comes with both a SS and clear top cap. This might be one to consider as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread