Recommendation on a small durable RTA for work and travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflnator55

Nov 12, 2014
Canada
Hey guys, ive been looking at stepping into the world of RTAs. Ive been considering getting some atlantis clones for work and such. But the price of coils, small capacity and the fact that I have to run at .5 all the time, has made me consider getting a couple small RTAs instead.

Important aspects im looking for are:
-short, and around 22mm wide.
-perferably set up for single coils but ill look at anything
-durable
-easy to build on
-works well with the .5 -1.5 ohm range

Last edited:

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Be warned the Erlkonigin is very hard to wick; also, the regular size is already extremely tiny, and the vape is very hot compared to other tanks due to the small length the vapor travels. You will have to turn down your power, unless you enjoy very hot vapes.

Hard to find durable because glass is usually involved, so the erl might be ahead in that category because of the PMMA (?) it is made of.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I also recommend the FT Erlkonigin nano clone. I think it is rather easy to install a coil and wick. It is just about the same size as my RDA units in height. The clone quality is pretty good for the low price.

I currently have a 1.4-1.5ohm coil with 27 gauge, 2.4mm coil ID. I run it at 15 watts, it can go higher, but I prefer a relaxed vape and a tighter draw on that particular atomizer. Using Velvet Cloud Vapors liquid in it, rather thick and it wicks well.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I don't know if the OP is looking to buy authentic, but the clone Erlkonigin I hate. Makes a whooshing sound (annoying even with the added o-ring on the bottom) and vapor production is weak. Of all my dozen or so atomizers it's the only one that sees no service.

I would get the Lemo drop! If you look around the forums you will see how popular it is.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys, ive been looking at stepping into the world of RTAs. Ive been considering getting some atlantis clones for work and such. But the price of coils, small capacity and the fact that I have to run at .5 all the time, has made me consider getting a couple small RTAs instead.

Important aspects im looking for are:
-short, and around 22mm wide.
-perferably set up for single coils but ill look at anything
-durable
-easy to build on
-works well with the .5 -1.5 ohm range

"around 22mm"

Tilemahos

22 and 23mm versions being produced now for mid Feb release.

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread