Recommendations for MTL Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
Just picked up a kayfun Prime. Noticed it doesn’t work very well with high VG liquids and doesn’t render cream based flavors very well; however, simple fruits are marvelous.

Using a spaced 28g KA1 build coming out around 1.2ohm.

Any recommendations?

I just picked up some Black Flag Risen from five pawns.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I just picked up a Prime, as well, and built a 1.1 micro coil with 28g kanthal. I use 65/35vg in most of tanks. But, I also use 14mg juice. I made some Creamsicle, where I subbed in some custard for vanilla swirl.

I feel perhaps I'm not using my tank to the best of its abilities either.

Reactions: stols001
    Mar 3, 2018
    Just picked up a Kayfun Prime. Noticed it doesn’t work very well with high VG liquids and doesn’t render cream based flavors very well; however, simple fruits are marvelous.

Any recommendations?

I just picked up some Black Flag Risen from Five Pawns.

For thicker juices and creamy coffee favours I noticed a big difference between spaced and contact coils. Contact coils produce a lot of flavour, the only down side is that it gunks the coil in less than 2-3 days. But its easy to remove the wick, dry burn clean and put a new wick.

Another thing you can try is changing the cotton, japanese organic cotton gives a good flavour but nothing in comparison to cotton bacon v2. It gives the pure flavour of my ejuice.

If you use a diy juice try 50/50 vg/pg. It is so good but throat it it something that maybe most of the people wont like.
    As an MTL vaper I believe you will love it.

Currently on 7 wraps contact coil 28g KA1.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I suggest giving rayon a try. I tried some cotton but it takes awhile to “break in” and get the full true flavor of my juice. Rayon gives me clean, flavorful vapor from the get go. As far as a juice goes you could try mixing your own. That way you have full control of the flavors and amount of the flavors that are in your juice. That’s all I got, hope it helps, good luck to you both.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    Just picked up a Kayfun Prime. Noticed it doesn’t work very well with high VG liquids and doesn’t render cream based flavors very well; however, simple fruits are marvelous.
    Love Black Flag Risen, too! My goal is to make it taste as good in my MTL tank/box mod as it does in my simple pod Rubi. I'm working on 316L Stainless for now, 28 gauge, and trying different wick materials (Muji- the worst so far, Ko Gen Do - better, and Rayon (trying next).

Also have gone to trying TC with locked Ohms, seems to do better. My tank is the much cheaper Siren 2, but thought I'd chip in for what it is worth. I've been tempted to order a Kayfun Prime, so your success is something I'll follow.

Last edited:
    • Useful

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl

Any recommendations?

How High Of Vg? I Have A Couple Primes And Vape To 80vg With Ease. Are You Doing 100vg?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Anything above 80vg doesn’t seem to wick very well. Maybe it’s just my technique. Thinner liquids are just fine.
    Yes above 80 is a little thick and I haven't tried and certain brands are thicker then others, but it also can be technique, especially in the wick amounts in channels. I always trim some volume off my tails, as it's easy to overstuff those little channels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Thicker liquids do sometimes have a harder time wicking. If you don't like much PG, you can add distilled water (up to 10% but you may not need that much). The prime is designed for MTL vaping and some of those tanks don't play well with super high VG liquid. You may need to thin your liquid or possibly look at your wicking technique, sometimes wicks need to be thinner in the tails to absorb thicker e-liquids.

Best of luck

Anna

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    My all time favorite MTL juice is called The Legend, from a company called The Studio Brand. I think this is the most under rated 50/50 out there. Its a sweet tobacco, with like some graham cracker. It's not super easy to find, but I do see it online. My local shop is all about it, and they got me hooked. I vaped it for a year straight.

On the fruit side, I love all the TBD liquids fruit juices in 50/50. Just simple pure and really the best fruit I've found. Also a great company to order from. Never had a single issue.

rabernet

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    Buford, GA
    My all time favorite commercial e-juice vendor is Ahlusion. I venture out to try other vendors, and for ME, nothing else really compares to the clean tasting juice they produce.

Their prices, while more than some e juice companies out there, are still reasonable for me, to get the clean taste I prefer.

So many other juices seem to have a chemical taste to them (for MY taste). Ahlusion does not. Probably because they do most of their own extracts themselves. They also mix all of their juices in their state of the art clean room.

Right now I have 26 different 30 ml bottles of e-juice, only 2 are NOT Ahlusion. I haven't tried a flavor yet that I have NOT like, or declared my new favorite juice (with the exception of mints/menthols and cinnamons - all of which I just don't care for the taste of, even in light amounts).

Oh - I MTL vape. :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    My husband uses Heather's heavenly vapes for NETs he really likes them and they aren't dire coil gunkers either. In a Nautilus 2.

Anna
    I mainly vape their nets and when I compare them to my non net juices, they don't seem any different in terms of gunking. I had tried other nets, but hhv's are just very clean and don't gunk like other nets. I especially like their dragons fire and sludge

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Useful

Celt1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    So far in the Siren 2 my favorite is Grandmaster by Five Pawns. The flavor is rich and accurate, but very good for all day as well. For a change of pace, I just got some Watercup from BrokeDick. Very inexpensive, and a far lighter, fresh tropical punch/bubble gum flavor. Two very different kinds of vapes, but both are enjoyable.

SrVapes

Mar 20, 2018

Any recommendations?

Any recommendations?

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2018
    NoVA
    My all time favorite commercial e-juice vendor is Ahlusion. I venture out to try other vendors, and for ME, nothing else really compares to the clean tasting juice they produce.

Thanks for the recommendation. Did a little research and noticed Ahlusion is an ECF favorite. Ordered four bottles yesterday to try them out: Fijian Nights, Boba Tea Coffee, Strawberry Shortcake, and a Peachy Affair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread