Recommendations/Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
Hello

I need some recommendations for a RTA. I am a MTL person and currently use a Nautilus mini with 1.8 ohm bvc coil at 11 watts. It works well for me but am tired of paying $20 bucks a month for factory coils. I am on a fixed income. I have done some research but its overwhelming with all the options out there. I want to keep it as simple as possible and plan on buying pre built coils, fastech, etc, and just adding the cotton wick. (Dont want to build coils). If you could recommend a good quality inexpensive RTA, the type of pre built coils, type of cotton, and any tools I will need for installing the wicks, and what vendor to buy from, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
John

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I just purchased the exact same mod, Ego Mega as I felt it would be a good way to ease myself into building. They come with 1.0 coils that can be torn apart and rebuilt, and then I thought more and bought a tank that's strictly built from scratch (though I will start with the Ego Mega). They also make TC coils you can build on.

As far as having *everything* you need, if you use the ego you pretty much need organic cotton, which you can get from Amazon inexpensively. Since I also decided I want to build from scratch at some point, I got a coil master vape kit which you can get a lot of places, including Amazon, I also got some SS wire to build coils with. Pretty inexpensive, once you factor in the cost of DIY.

DIY juice is also an option, if money is tight, that said, the amount(s) I decided to purchase were rather high, so you may want to start off small.

Anna

ValevGK

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
I can recommend you some easy for build and wick RTA's.
1st Kayfun v3 mini
2th Byka 6
3th Doggystyle RTA
They are flavorful, no leaking /except of your mistake with cotton, wicking way or bad o-ring's/ and easy to use atty ...only Doggy is with bottom filling. I'm use those 3 for everyday vape but with different flavours. Can build with Kanthal or SS... it's depend on how you feel your vape better. Cotton....choose one and wick it, I'm use Muji and KohGenDo. Success mate!

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
I can recommend you some easy for build and wick RTA's.
1st Kayfun v3 mini
2th Byka 6
3th Doggystyle RTA
They are flavorful, no leaking /except of your mistake with cotton, wicking way or bad o-ring's/ and easy to use atty ...only Doggy is with bottom filling. I'm use those 3 for everyday vape but with different flavours. Can build with Kanthal or SS... it's depend on how you feel your vape better. Cotton....choose one and wick it, I'm use Muji and KohGenDo. Success mate!
Thanks

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
I just purchased the exact same mod, Ego Mega as I felt it would be a good way to ease myself into building. They come with 1.0 coils that can be torn apart and rebuilt, and then I thought more and bought a tank that's strictly built from scratch (though I will start with the Ego Mega). They also make TC coils you can build on.

As far as having *everything* you need, if you use the ego you pretty much need organic cotton, which you can get from Amazon inexpensively. Since I also decided I want to build from scratch at some point, I got a coil master vape kit which you can get a lot of places, including Amazon, I also got some SS wire to build coils with. Pretty inexpensive, once you factor in the cost of DIY.

DIY juice is also an option, if money is tight, that said, the amount(s) I decided to purchase were rather high, so you may want to start off small.

Anna
Thanks for all the info. I alreadu make my own juice so going to the next step with RTA.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
John, buying pre-wound coil wire is cheap compared to buying factory atomizer assemblies. A pack of 50 coils in a bag is a good investment. That said, you can easily wind 50 coils in an hour while watching TV if you decide to try it. A 100' roll of wire easily yields 200 coils or more for about $8.

If you like what's already made at a low price, this is a bargain. $1.95 for 50 coils with a silica wick installed in a nichrome coil. You pick the resistance from .8 ohm to 2.9 ohm. They also sell coils without wicks so that you can play around with wicking materials and experiment to find out what you like.
$1.95 Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (50-Pack) 50-pack - 34 AWG / 2.2ohm / 4-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
John, buying pre-wound coil wire is cheap compared to buying factory atomizer assemblies. A pack of 50 coils in a bag is a good investment. That said, you can easily wind 50 coils in an hour while watching TV if you decide to try it. A 100' roll of wire easily yields 200 coils or more for about $8.

If you like what's already made at a low price, this is a bargain. $1.95 for 50 coils with a silica wick installed in a nichrome coil. You pick the resistance from .8 ohm to 2.9 ohm. They also sell coils without wicks so that you can play around with wicking materials and experiment to find out what you like.
$1.95 Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (50-Pack) 50-pack - 34 AWG / 2.2ohm / 4-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Great info, thanks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello

I need some recommendations for a RTA. I am a MTL person and currently use a Nautilus mini with 1.8 ohm bvc coil at 11 watts. It works well for me but am tired of paying $20 bucks a month for factory coils. I am on a fixed income. I have done some research but its overwhelming with all the options out there. I want to keep it as simple as possible and plan on buying pre built coils, fastech, etc, and just adding the cotton wick. (Dont want to build coils). If you could recommend a good quality inexpensive RTA, the type of pre built coils, type of cotton, and any tools I will need for installing the wicks, and what vendor to buy from, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
John

I think a TopTank Mini is a Very Good all-around RTA for someone New to Rebuilding.

$22.41 Authentic KangerTech Toptank Mini Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$11.09 Toptank Mini Styled Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$1.87 Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA RDA RTA Rebuildable Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 29 AWG / 1.5ohm / 0.3mm dia. / 15*15mm leads / 7 loops at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hello

Thanks
John

You've gotten some good suggestions here, John. I am a huge fan of the Ego One Mega Tank & Kit too. They provide a great, flavorful vape at a reasonable price point. If you go with the Ego One Mega Tank or kit, be sure to buy the 1.0 ohm CLR coils, rather than the CL coils that come with the kit. The CLR coiils are better, provide a more flavorful vape, last longer than the CL coils and can easily be rewicked and recoiled if you want to rewick or recoil them. You can also opt to not rewick or recoil them and just the coils away when it's time for a new coil. I recommend rewicking and rebuilding them, but it's nice to know that this coil gives you different options and they're all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread