Recycling Disposable E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
I asked this question on ecigforum.com last night, but no one gave any response. Hopefully the big forum has an answer for me:

Is there any recycle info on the disposible e-cigs/cigars out there? I have never used them, but I know a lot of people out there have. Do people just throw them into the trash, or do they put them in the recycle bin? I wonder if the people at the recycle center would even know what to do with them. :confused:

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Oh well. I actually had some good dialog today on ecigforum.com about this subject.

My main concern is people throwing the disposable e-cigs/cigars away without taking into account the hazmat issues involved with putting them in our landfills.

A couple of good suggestions were made. One was to add to the cost of the cig a prepaid envelope for the consumer to send the spent cig back to the manufacterer for recycling. The second idea (which I preferred) was kinda how we deal with glass bottles. Say you save up to 5-10 spent e-cigs, and you get a free fresh one for turning that 5-10 spent ones in to the manufacturer at your cost.

Either way, they don't end up in landfills, and the materials can be reused.

It would be cool if someone else wanted to comment.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread