Red Oak Flavor Concentrate (TFA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
I'm not sure. I have Oakwood and it's nutty - flowery. I'd be interested if it could be used in tobacco for a Tennessee cured tb.

I also picked up FA Oakwood. I'm assuming it is used in small hints with other blends. I plan on Burley and Virginia or flu cured and a bit of the oakwood. 'nutty' - that would be perfect.

I ordered the "red oak TFA" but would still enjoy hearing if anyone has tried it yet.

Also picked up the Seedmans "captain Black' though I hear mixed reviews of it. Any experience with a good % for the SM?. I've seen everything from 5% to 25% suggested.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I start off at very low percentages with a tobacco flavor I haven't tried before. So far I've tried about fifteen by themselves and they range from 3-5%. Light Virginia's and concentrates like Maxx. Commercial, etc. I go high and spicy dark concentrates like Perique, Island and Cpt. Black I start low 2-3%. Did you get it directly from SM? I've been wanting to try their Top Note but haven't gotten around to it.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
I start off at very low percentages with a tobacco flavor I haven't tried before. So far I've tried about fifteen by themselves and they range from 3-5%. Light Virginia's and concentrates like Maxx. Commercial, etc. I go high and spicy dark concentrates like Perique, Island and Cpt. Black I start low 2-3%. Did you get it directly from SM? I've been wanting to try their Top Note but haven't gotten around to it.

I got the SM captain black from Wizard labs. I get the feeling it serves as a base with any number of options added to it.
?Maple? Licorice? clove?... lol... Red oak? ...

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey you never know. When I discovered Oba-Oba goes with almost anything and is pretty good all by itself I was surprised. Capt. Black on the other hand is a tricky fellow and you have to treat him with respect or he'll punch you in the taste buds really bad. Latakia and her sister Perique are bit...s to get right. I'm hoping I get a decent Latakia recipe, really like the taste.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Never heard of the red oak... but I have the Captain black and I like it. It's a very strange flavor... less "cigar/cigarette"-like than I was expecting. To me, it's sweet... almost vanilla-like... when it's by itself. Haven't tried the mixture I made w/ commercial tobacco flavoring added yet because I'm letting in steep.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
capt. black is a delicious. i love smelling and vaping it alone.. throw a little vanilla in it.. mmm

i have tried red oak... its a tobacco flavor.. its supposed to be smokey but i dont get that smokey taste from it... i like it but its def. a flavor that needs something..

its an interesting flavor.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
capt. black is a delicious. i love smelling and vaping it alone.. throw a little vanilla in it.. mmm

i have tried red oak... its a tobacco flavor.. its supposed to be smokey but i dont get that smokey taste from it... i like it but its def. a flavor that needs something..

its an interesting flavor.

Oh thank you! I had no idea. thought it could just be smoke, or some kind of alternate maple...

Thanks for the C black suggestion too.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
Yeah, I used to smoke straight Latakia pipe tobacco way back when. Everyone complained it smelled like burnt rubber. Sure tasted great to me though. I think the concentrate needs to be mixed with something else, maybe absinthe or black cherry.

I wondering what the Acetyl Pyrazine would do to these tough to blend flavors. (described as nutty/ bready)
Have you experimented or encountered it?

I didn't order it (yet) but looking at it and wondering.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
Never heard of the red oak... but I have the Captain black and I like it. It's a very strange flavor... less "cigar/cigarette"-like than I was expecting. To me, it's sweet... almost vanilla-like... when it's by itself. Haven't tried the mixture I made w/ commercial tobacco flavoring added yet because I'm letting in steep.

Look forward to hearing how it turns out. I don't have commercial tobacco on hand but do have TA. I'm considered mixing the c black straight as a base line and one with the TA then maybe vanilla butternut? I'm thinking this may be where that Acetyl Pyrazine that I didn't order may come in handy as well...

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That does sound tasty. Do you think it would go with Vanilla Bourbon or Brandy? Have you considered mixing that with another tobacco flavor?

I have some Oak Wood from FlavorArt. Really nice sweet smell. I've only used it with Kentucky Bourbon. The two just seemed to go together in my mind. The result is a good vape. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread