REDDS~~ALWAYS... with a little help from friends'~Vaping around the clock~chat~music~images and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Happy Tuesday I am in like, the best mood ever for no reason at all. I did sleep in, maybe that's it.

My intermittent low level smoking is becoming a thing of the past, but I'm too scared to put my banner up yet. Heh. Maybe soon.

LOL and if I ever hit a year not smoking ever again, I will advertise that fact to no one probably. LOL, anniversaries ARE stressful, as it turns out. Although I really think it was stress and the accidental lower nic thing honestly.

Anna

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Is this not the blues? Well yes it is & that's what Fleetwood Mac stood for back in the day. I really liked it & their simplicity was I believe, that they were truly out for the music mainly & not necessarily the millions $$$...something may be lost in some of their later music & some of today's music because it can be controlled for business purposes that takes away from originality & true artistry I think! :smokie:

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
I really appreciate the original Blues music and that's what that was about, the blues style from great musicians and some weren't even heard of until others came along and made some of their songs popular, (like rock n roll) along with the millions that these originals never saw but they kept on playing and got some notoriety I guess...all I know is, I like it! :2cool:

If you're down an' out, an' you feel real hurt Come on over, to the place where I work An' all your loneliness, I'll try to soothe I'll play the blues for you Don't be afraid, come on in You might run across, yeah, some of your old friends All your loneliness, I've got to soothe I'll play the blues for you Come on in, sit right here, let's rap awhile Ya see I'm kinda lonely too, ya know? An' loneliness is a very bad thing If ya let it get the best of ya An' loneliness can get ya down, ya know? Yeah, yeah, are you comfortable now? Yeah, yeah, that's outta sight Yeah, as I was sayin' before Loneliness can get you down, an' I have heard of, ah Loneliness blowin' some good people's mind, ya know? But ya can't do that This is a big world, this is a big world An' there's too many nice things happenin' in this world You're a very pretty girl Where you live? No, no, no, disregard that, that's okay, that's okay Most important thing, I wanna know you I say, I wanna know you That's groovy, ain't it? I'll play the blues for you I ain't got no big name Oh Lord, an' I ain't no big star I'll play the blues for you on my guitar All your loneliness, I'll try to soothe I'll play the blues for you

2WhiteWolves

Oct 25, 2017
Tornado Alley
e54350423656f1cfe5d0ad0402f0e789.gif

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Has anyone noticed that the era of bumper stickers is OVER?

Like, I never see too much bumper sticker action anymore.

When I was younger, I was camping alone or with the kid I can't remember, but like the husband was doing SOMETHING and I saw an "art car."

Those were kinda big at the Baltimore Museum of Mental Illness art, I don't think it's called that exactly but that is EXACTLY what it is. Those artists who have crossed the line between crazy and visionary (oh, right that's what it's called, the Visionary Art Museum) and they make incredible stuff. They used to have an art car race ever year and it was the bomb. Seeing one "out in the wild" so to speak was AWESOME and the dude and his wife were like, nuts. Takes one to truly know one so we had a fantastic conversation.

Good times. I miss bumper stickers. I guess social media is rendering all that "in your face' "I pray for whirled peas" stuff unnecessary now.

Sadness.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread