Redd's ~'with a little help from my friends'~vaping around the clock~chat~music~images and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
:lol:
Funny-Baby-Wallpapers-6.jpg

I don't understand babies or the appeal... I know I'll get beat up over it, but I never will. I guess I was just born without the gene, plus they don't pack to well ;). I pruned the family tree and left all that to my brother. Now he's a grandfather (makes me chuckle because I guess we're getting older). He has one daughter who now has 3 children (1 5 year old and 2 3 year old twins).

I just learned that one of the twins is in dire straits... he was admitted to the hospital with a 105.6 degree fever and after 2 weeks it hadn't dropped below 102.6... at first the doctors surmised that it was Kawasaki disease. But now they're not so sure... last week his heart started leaking and they were able to remedy that but the treatment that helped "kickstart" some of the beneficial cells apparently sent them attacking the bad and now they're also attacking the good and now all of his organs are beginning to swell.

They're still trying to figure out whether Kawasaki was there, or if something else precipitated it, or if it's Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH). Today, he was scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy and a spinal tap. Apparently, this will help determine if it's hereditary and rooted in an auto-immune deficiency (FLH)... so the twin may have to undergo the same checks as well. If it turns out to be FHL, there's good chance he has 3 months to go... and that there is why I don't understand the appeal/risk. Really just an awful situation...

Last edited:
Reactions: RedhatPat

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Oh no, Cactus, I'm so sorry to hear about your grand-nephew. What an awful and scary situation. Life is full of heartbreak and I hope your niece isn't put through the loss of a baby. By choice I never had children - they just weren't for me, but I have known people who lost children and their lives are never the same. I am praying for your grand-nephew that he survives and is a healthy youngster once more. I am praying for his family and his team of doctors, that they may discover what is happening to this little boy. Please keep us updated.

In the meantime I hope his mental self is with an angel who is keeping him sweetly entertained.

20872054.jpg

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Great performance and ya' gotta love that the song loses little if anything when done live ... no auto tune here folks.

I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show

And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love.

Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

But if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

We were caught up and lost in all of our vices
In your pose as the dust settles around us

In the city that we love

Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?

Oh where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?

Oh where do we begin?
The rubble or our sins?

In the city that we love

Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?

If you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

Reactions: RedhatPat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread