Redd's ~'with a little help from my friends'~vaping around the clock~chat~music~images and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Albu-quirky... meh typical BS weather. Puts up up big face and dumps dry snow on ya. Went hiking this afternoon in the midst of it all and got too warm with a fleece and hardshell... weak! Oh well, at least we got something.

Well Howdy there Cactus!:)
Yeah, I've tried to play it with seasoned players. It takes more concentration than....
How's the weather in NM? what part of NM is home? Are you in the mountains? I've spent some time in the wilds around Jemez...
Spent a week 4X4'in around Ruidoso/Sunspot in August (glad I had tarps!).
I love NM!

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
Albi-quircky? Hell, you're close to all kinds of off-road rock and roll! ...and superior backpacking country!
I gotta drive 4 hours to get up to the Ouachita NF. The highest ridges are 2400'.
You are in a golden location brutha!

Albu-quirky... meh typical BS weather. Puts up up big face and dumps dry snow on ya. Went hiking this afternoon in the midst of it all and got too warm with a fleece and hardshell... weak! Oh well, at least we got something.

Last edited:

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Sold the Cherokee years ago... decided it was more fun to go on foot and hang out for a few days. Funny what people think camping is today... 50' extending sided, shower, kitchen, bed, satellite malarkey I say... going outdoors then go out doors. Ugh modern "campers"... and their roughing it... not the same in the slightest.

Albi-quircky? Hell, you're close to all kinds of off-road rock and roll! ...and superior backpacking country!
I gotta drive 4 hours to get up to the Ouachita NF. The highest ridges are 2400'.
You are in a golden location brutha!

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Very nice... love when bands include orchestral instrumentation into their songs... I've probably posted this before and if so it's worth a re-listen. I'm not a PF fan, but I've compared this to the original and I think this recording is so much more pleasing.

I'm a big Floyd fan and I think these kids are good and the orchestra and I love different versions of things...well a lot of em anyway but nothing is as good as Lone Star Floyd! :laugh:

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Heh, "Real big clunky seal-you-off-from-the-world headphones"... yessir! Still using a Sony set from IDK 1984... nothing new beats 'em!

Golly Gee Whiz, Cactus. Maybe you haven't listened to the real Pink Floyd.

Do you have headphones? Real big clunky seal-you-off-from-the-world headphones?

Ladies and gents, I present Echoes:

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
Damn skippy! We drive over goat-trails and set up a tent, tarp, and a fire. ...in bear country. In mountain lion country.
In Man-Bear-Pig country.
Then we hike. Sometimes, we go for 3-4 day backpack trips. I find that having the option of 4x4 makes the difference between being
stuck in a remote area or getting the hell outta there when it's time to go.
They use more gas, but I think we should all have beefy 4x4s.

Sold the Cherokee years ago... decided it was more fun to go on foot and hang out for a few days. Funny what people think camping is today... 50' extending sided, shower, kitchen, bed, satellite malarkey I say... going outdoors then go out doors. Ugh modern "campers"... and their roughing it... not the same in the slightest.

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Heh gave it run, got pleasing to me most about into 7:00-11:00 and then again at 18:00-vocals... don't know what songs those match up to, but that's it - I'm not really into vocals much - most of the the time they just distract me.

Golly Gee Whiz, Cactus. Maybe you haven't listened to the real Pink Floyd.

Do you have headphones? Real big clunky seal-you-off-from-the-world headphones?

Ladies and gents, I present Echoes:

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
That's my next vehicle - something to off-road with and be able to drive in the snow. I haven't test drove anything yet but am looking at

images

01-fj-cruiser-trail-teams_lo450.jpg

IMAGEN-12714394-2.png

Reactions: RedhatPat

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
An example of when the the choir should have been nixed... the music is fine w/out it and it's actually annoying IMO... geez this is not good. Get rid of the voices @ 8:00-11:00. Good otherwise...

Hey there, Cactus. You like rock and/or roll bands that incorporate orchestras?
How about an orchestra and a choir?

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Morin again Dave, and hello Cactus and Hypno! Weekend is almost here!

weekend.png

Sat. I'm going out with girlfriends to drink sake and eat at a hibachi.

Flame_2.270232201_std.jpg

That's always fun but I hate it when they throw food at you to see if you can catch it with your mouth. Um... can you tell I'm not good at that?

Reactions: RedhatPat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread