Regulated mods with no LCD or Screen display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
Hey all! Through a bit of research, I've accidentally discovered a couple of regulated mods that offer wattage control, but without any traditional display.

I'm not sure exactly why I find them intriguing... Perhaps it's just because they look simple and elegant like a mech mod, but still offer me safety features and control. Either way, I want to compile a list of devices like this, and maybe even start collecting them (as the ones I've found are older). So far I only have two in my sights:

-Innokin itaste 134 and 134 mini:

Both versions have a dial for a small level of wattage control. I really like that it's an analog interface for managing that

-Kanger Kbox 40w

Very small and takes an 18650 battery. Instead of a screen, there's little led indicators for the battery level and wattage settings

This one I actually discovered at my local vape shop and will be getting it for $20 on sale. The aluminum body and simple design make it a great choice as a backup mod for when I go back out to sea

Anyone else have any other suggestions? :D

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Does it absolutely have to have wattage control? Because there's
Tesla Invader III
Dovpo M VV
Noisy Cricket 2
you might want to take a look at, they all regulate voltage by potentiometers (well the NC2 does in series mode).
If you know your resistance and you set the voltage that's practically homebrew VW ;)

Mr_Classica

Feb 8, 2018
Does it absolutely have to have wattage control? Because there's
Tesla Invader III
Dovpo M VV
Noisy Cricket 2
you might want to take a look at, they all regulate voltage by potentiometers (well the NC2 does in series mode).
If you know your resistance and you set the voltage that's practically homebrew VW ;)

I'm not familiar with VV stuff, not not inherently against it either. It's just coincidence that the two mods I mention are wattage only

But I'm interested in it all!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Two of my all time favorites are (1) Billet Box Revs 1-3, and (2) an old Aussie mod named EPM. Neither has a display screen, both are regulated (VV and VW respectively), and both are extraordinary (to me).

If you like something, enjoy it. We don't vape features.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The Noisy Cricket 2-25 is my daily beater.
Its compact and ergonomically the most comfortable mod I own. Milled from a solid block of aluminium alloy and tough as old boots. I set the potentiometer to taste, and then leave it the hell alone. No flashing screen, no useless data about coil voltage, no distracting widgamagadgets. A tiny bit of planning is required to choose a coil that will give you the wattage range you like within the available voltage range, but that's it. A little more resistance planning and when the minimum voltage cutoff kicks in in VV mode, you can switch to unregulated series mode to extend the usage time in a pinch.
It's also cheap as chips, FT has them for $28 delivered.

eGoisti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Finland
;)Its a seriouse funny mod

And its here:cool:
_smaller.jpg

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Love that ^^^^

Other than the Kanger box mentioned by the OP, the only "regulated" mods with no screen I have owned are the Coilart Mage box and three or four Hexohms. My favorite is the Hexohm. It's a no frills powerhouse that has a lifetime warranty (which, unfortunately I know is legit). Not a cute little box, but very nice for table top use. Still have a V2 that I will probably keep forever.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
And its here:cool:
_smaller.jpg
I almost got that. It's so cute! But, I was getting mixed messages about whether of not it would go all the way down to 7W with a 1.5 ohm topper, so I ordered this instead. And, I love it! It feels very comfy in the hand, sort of a rubbery finish. It works great, and the batteries last forever.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I still love it. But, I don't really use it that much because it's a 2 battery mod. I tend to use smaller mods. But, I really am quite surprised how comfortable it is for a 2 battery mod. And, it works very well. Very reliable.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Oh lord, where do I begin. lol.

Somewhere around here, I have a kick and a kick 2. For those who don't remember those, they are a device that sits inside a tube mod making it VW regulated up to 12 watts. No display, potentiometer, and you run them by downsizing the battery for example, from 18360 to 18500. Some of the older mods offered a "kick sleeve" so you didn't have to downsize.

My Buzz Pro died, so I don't have that anymore, but I do have an old eGo twist too. Then I have an Agent 2puffs edition from Conspiracy Mods, I have the Creme De La Creme MOV edition Nuve Mod, the LE80 from Lotus (That one actually has an old LCD screen, but it still a dial up) and the Surric X mod. That one is probably my favorite.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
@DancingHeretik any more words on your Dovpo VV? Interested in some real world feed back on this mod.

I have been itching to get one of these pretty bad but delayed gratification and all that...

Thanks in advance.

I love it, even though I hate how it looks. Simple with adequate protections. Unless you want TC I can't see any reason to get a mod with any extra features. 25mm mods will be too wide to sit flush but apart from that I can't see any cons with it.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I’ve found the noises cricket 2 to be particularly intriguing myself. I’m sort of impatiently waiting for one of my mods to break so I have an excuse to buy one.
You might want to check out the new Wismec Luxotic NC. Much nicer looking from what I have seen and has a switch on top to flip between parallel and series instead of having to flip the bottom battery cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread