The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Regulated mods with no LCD or Screen display

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Mr_Classica, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mr_Classica

Mr_Classica Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Hey all! Through a bit of research, I've accidentally discovered a couple of regulated mods that offer wattage control, but without any traditional display.

I'm not sure exactly why I find them intriguing... Perhaps it's just because they look simple and elegant like a mech mod, but still offer me safety features and control. Either way, I want to compile a list of devices like this, and maybe even start collecting them (as the ones I've found are older). So far I only have two in my sights:

-Innokin itaste 134 and 134 mini:

Both versions have a dial for a small level of wattage control. I really like that it's an analog interface for managing that

-Kanger Kbox 40w

Very small and takes an 18650 battery. Instead of a screen, there's little led indicators for the battery level and wattage settings

This one I actually discovered at my local vape shop and will be getting it for $20 on sale. The aluminum body and simple design make it a great choice as a backup mod for when I go back out to sea

Anyone else have any other suggestions? :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Does it absolutely have to have wattage control? Because there's
    Tesla Invader III
    Dovpo M VV
    Noisy Cricket 2
    you might want to take a look at, they all regulate voltage by potentiometers (well the NC2 does in series mode).
    If you know your resistance and you set the voltage that's practically homebrew VW ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_Classica

Mr_Classica Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I'm not familiar with VV stuff, not not inherently against it either. It's just coincidence that the two mods I mention are wattage only

But I'm interested in it all!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have the Charon Adjustable and Dovpo MVV and love the simplicity. Dovpo VEE VV looks to be a good one too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’ve found the noises cricket 2 to be particularly intriguing myself. I’m sort of impatiently waiting for one of my mods to break so I have an excuse to buy one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Variety IS the spice of vaping. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Two of my all time favorites are (1) Billet Box Revs 1-3, and (2) an old Aussie mod named EPM. Neither has a display screen, both are regulated (VV and VW respectively), and both are extraordinary (to me).

If you like something, enjoy it. We don't vape features.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    The Noisy Cricket 2-25 is my daily beater.
    Its compact and ergonomically the most comfortable mod I own. Milled from a solid block of aluminium alloy and tough as old boots. I set the potentiometer to taste, and then leave it the hell alone. No flashing screen, no useless data about coil voltage, no distracting widgamagadgets. A tiny bit of planning is required to choose a coil that will give you the wattage range you like within the available voltage range, but that's it. A little more resistance planning and when the minimum voltage cutoff kicks in in VV mode, you can switch to unregulated series mode to extend the usage time in a pinch.
    It's also cheap as chips, FT has them for $28 delivered.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  8. Snicks

Snicks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    I actually own the Innokin itaste 134. God I have not used it in at least 3 years. I bought it the very day it released. I cannot use it due to it only hitting 12.5 watts max but it was definitely a cool desk mod.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I got a Noisy Cricket mainly for the vacopalypse, but it's a nice vape and pretty easygoing as far as usage, and yes, mine appears to be tough as old boots. I don't think it would be a terrible choice. As far as large screens and whatnot, well, some are larger than others. Good luck in your search!

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  10. eGoisti

eGoisti Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2012
    Finland
    I bought Sigelei Vcigo Moonbox "Tinbox", its on its way.....somewhere. Should be VW200, with potentiometer. Uups i mean 200W:D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Those are so cute in a cool way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. eGoisti

Jan 2, 2012
    Finland
    ;)Its a seriouse funny mod

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. eGoisti

Jan 2, 2012
    Finland
    And its here:cool:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Love that ^^^^

Other than the Kanger box mentioned by the OP, the only "regulated" mods with no screen I have owned are the Coilart Mage box and three or four Hexohms. My favorite is the Hexohm. It's a no frills powerhouse that has a lifetime warranty (which, unfortunately I know is legit). Not a cute little box, but very nice for table top use. Still have a V2 that I will probably keep forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I almost got that. It's so cute! But, I was getting mixed messages about whether of not it would go all the way down to 7W with a 1.5 ohm topper, so I ordered this instead. And, I love it! It feels very comfy in the hand, sort of a rubbery finish. It works great, and the batteries last forever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. CagedSpam

CagedSpam Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    @DancingHeretik any more words on your Dovpo VV? Interested in some real world feed back on this mod.

I have been itching to get one of these pretty bad but delayed gratification and all that...

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I still love it. But, I don't really use it that much because it's a 2 battery mod. I tend to use smaller mods. But, I really am quite surprised how comfortable it is for a 2 battery mod. And, it works very well. Very reliable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Steve Parry

Steve Parry Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Cookeville TN
    Oh lord, where do I begin. lol.

Somewhere around here, I have a kick and a kick 2. For those who don't remember those, they are a device that sits inside a tube mod making it VW regulated up to 12 watts. No display, potentiometer, and you run them by downsizing the battery for example, from 18360 to 18500. Some of the older mods offered a "kick sleeve" so you didn't have to downsize.

My Buzz Pro died, so I don't have that anymore, but I do have an old eGo twist too. Then I have an Agent 2puffs edition from Conspiracy Mods, I have the Creme De La Creme MOV edition Nuve Mod, the LE80 from Lotus (That one actually has an old LCD screen, but it still a dial up) and the Surric X mod. That one is probably my favorite.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Violetti Usva

Violetti Usva Senior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    I love it, even though I hate how it looks. Simple with adequate protections. Unless you want TC I can't see any reason to get a mod with any extra features. 25mm mods will be too wide to sit flush but apart from that I can't see any cons with it.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    You might want to check out the new Wismec Luxotic NC. Much nicer looking from what I have seen and has a switch on top to flip between parallel and series instead of having to flip the bottom battery cover.

• Useful Useful x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.