Relapse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckpo

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
DFW
Welp, I went back to analogs. I had started vaping about 6 months ago and it was going well for the entire first month of that time. Then there were pressures from both work and personal life that I was trying to cope with. I fell back into old habits of the stinky sticks. Since then I kept wanting to stop, but never really wanting to at the same time. Even still, I was splitting my time half and half between cigs and vaping. I figured that if I was going to smoke, maybe I could smoke not as much, with the rationale of "at least that's one less cig that I'm smoking that time." Also, I stopped browsing these forums. Even though I had not posted much I still lurked daily during my vape only period. Now I'm going to try again, and this time hopefully I'll stick with it. I've since banished myself back to the New Members Forum to try and get myself back on track.

Anyway, here we go again!
cp

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Welcome back, this site is a great support system especially if you don't have other vapers in your life.

I think after a certain number of posts (70?), you won't be able to start threads in the New Member section. Don't worry there's support outside and plenty of sections to ask for help, chat, keep up with new tech, or offer advice to others having trouble getting off the cigarettes.

Good luck and just keep on vaping.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
:) Well at least your back. Relapses in what ever is not uncommon. But your coming back is good. That show determination.
What did you do when you first left? Flavors etc. Try that. Then if you vape tobacco move off that to some other flavor. Worked for me anyway.
Also takes courage to admit a slip. The only shame would have been in not coming back.

gavind4

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
(N. Phila.) Levittown pa usa
Wanting to do it is more than half the battle. Welcome back! If I would have known about my dream juices in the beginning it would have been much easier for me. Also good quality equipment, which actually turns out to be cheaper than the stuff I started with.

we can't afford cheap!! best wishes. glad your here.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Welcome back! I hope you can focus more on the cigarettes you didn't smoke because of vaping rather than beating yourself up for falling off the wagon. There are any number of people who have posted that their journey to being completely cigarette-free took months.

Are you finding your current vaping gear and juices satisfying? If not, there are some nice new toys that have become popular in the last six that you might find work better for you and there are always a steady flow of new, wonderful juices to try.

chuckpo

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
DFW
Thanks everyone! As for equipment, I still have my ego-t and lavatube with tanks. I'd say the juice has always been the point of failure for me. I just can't seem to get the satisfaction that I have been looking for. Some of the places where I buy from have ok flavors but I have yet to find something I can stick with. I even went from 10mg to 12, and ended up at 18mg. I might need to try 24mg to see if I do any better with that.

zuzette

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Colorado
Have you tried whole tobacco alkaloids? My bf is a true believer. he says wta gives him more of a "cigarette like feeling". I dont seem to notice real difference but he sure does and it has made a big difference in his ability to stick with vaping. Try Aroma Juice - they have some great flavors! current favorites are dk tab, apple pie, cinnamon roll. (the cinnamon roll is my fav).

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
It might help some if you plan your vaping strategy around the fact that cigarettes deliver a nicotine hit immediately while vaping delivers it very slowly. Frequent vaping worked well for me but some people still crave cigarettes when they chain vape high nicotine juice.

Your idea to try some of higher nicotine juice makes a lot of sense. Also, some people vape higher nicotine juice in the morning when nicotine levels are low and go to lower nicotine level during the day. Other people have reported having trouble sleeping if they don't use a lower nicotine before going to bed. There doesn't seem to be any sort of one size fits all strategy that works for everyone.

My sympathies about the frustration with finding juice. I was lucky enough to stumble on my security blankie juice very quickly but finding others I really like is an ongoing slow slog.

This thread has a few of the sellers that offer juice sample sizes, Sample Packs - A listing for those seeking a favorite juice. Also, you can find a list of juice seller's ranked by popularity in post #1489 in the Top 5 vendors (e-liquid) thread.

Best of luck finding some juices you like and finding nicotine levels that work for you. Hang in there and post back about how you are doing. ECF is a wonderful source of support when going through rough patches.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
:) Well at least your back. Relapses in what ever is not uncommon. But your coming back is good. That show determination.
What did you do when you first left? Flavors etc. Try that. Then if you vape tobacco move off that to some other flavor. Worked for me anyway.
Also takes courage to admit a slip. The only shame would have been in not coming back.

What he said and also welcome back. It shows that your not giving up and that's the most important thing. Even when you can't post in the new members forum, you WILL find all sorts of help all through ECF. All you have to do is ask the question. Someone will answer.

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
Good luck chuckpo, and welcome back! It took me 6 months to quit, and I tend to think that wta helped when I finally did quit. Eventually I switched to "normal" juice with no problem. I switched concentrations too, but only in the morning. I had 24 for waking up and browsing ecf, and 18 for the rest of the day (now down to 16).

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
Welp, I went back to analogs. I had started vaping about 6 months ago and it was going well for the entire first month of that time. Then there were pressures from both work and personal life that I was trying to cope with. I fell back into old habits of the stinky sticks. Since then I kept wanting to stop, but never really wanting to at the same time. Even still, I was splitting my time half and half between cigs and vaping. I figured that if I was going to smoke, maybe I could smoke not as much, with the rationale of "at least that's one less cig that I'm smoking that time." Also, I stopped browsing these forums. Even though I had not posted much I still lurked daily during my vape only period. Now I'm going to try again, and this time hopefully I'll stick with it. I've since banished myself back to the New Members Forum to try and get myself back on track.

Anyway, here we go again!
cp

Hey CP,

Welcome back!!

Sounds like you have gotten good advise so far. Your "Relapse" is a dead horse now. Leave it lie. All that matters is your desire to move forward. Think of it as a clean start. No pressure, no worries. Not sure what nic level you vaped in the past but I agree with trying a higher level. There are nic levels out there that WILL stifle your cravings. I was a 1 1/ - 2 PAD full flavor and I'll tell you what. If you can vape 26 - 36 mg juice all day and still crave a cig, you are one tough hombre ... ;-)~ I understand nic level isn't the only "hold" that cigs have on a person but for the first couple of months, it can really help to get you over the hump. I started at 36mg and that was too much, went down to 26 then to 18. I now jump down to 12 in the evening because its hard for me to vape 18 before bed and get a good nights sleep.

I would also reinforce what others have said. Hopefully you have or will acquire some reliable equipment with back ups and enough juice to last for a good while. Nothing worse than being caught with nothing to vape (equipment failure or no juice) while you are jonesing for a cig. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread