Reliable Mod that can hold 3 batteries??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Do you know if this mod has tc?
Mods with dna boards (a chipset made by Evolv) all do tc (since the dna 40 which came out a few years ago), and they do tc very well. Evolv is the company that introduced temperature control.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
By default, the Temperature Protection setting is 450° Fahrenheit
. To change the limit
1)Lock the device by pressing the Fire button five times.
2)Hold down the UP and DOWN adjust buttons for two seconds.
3)After two seconds, the maximum temperature will be displayed, and the UP and DOWN buttons should be released.
4)Use the UP and DOWN buttons to adjust the maximum temperature
5)When the display shows the desired maximum temperature, press the Fire button to exit temperature adjust mode.

The maximum temperature is adjustable between 200° Fahrenheit and 600° Fahrenheit. To
disable the temperature protection entirely, adjust the limit up to 600 degrees, then press the UP
button one additional time. The temperature limit will read OFF.

Press the fire button again and you are in wattage mode.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thx... im looking for battery life:) i do 100 watts

Disregarding TC for now and assuming you mean always and only at 100 watts, I don't think any dual 18650 mod will get you through a 12-16 hour day without changing or charging batteries. I'm not even sure if a 3 battery mod would get you through a full day. That actually gives you a couple good options, but at added cost.....

Option 1: Get a quad 18650 mod with a set of 4 married authentic batteries (preferably, get two sets). That should safely get you through a full day at even more then 100 watts. The drawback, especially with one set of 4 batteries, is when can you safely charge that set of batteries? There are differing opinions on that subject (even a recent/current thread discussing those opinions), so I will let you research that so this thread does not get derailed.

Option 2: Get 2 dual 18650 mods with 2 sets of married authentic batteries (4 total batteries, but preferably get an extra pair). Having back-ups is always a good thing! Since a dual 18650 mod will most likely not last the day, carrying an extra set is likely (in a protective case, of course). Personally, I prefer carrying those "extra batteries" in a second mod which is also my insurance policy in the event the first mod fails. You still have the question of when can you safely charge batteries as well as at 100 watts, you are approaching the level at which you are pushing the limits of your batteries....not so much as to be a problem, but limiting future increases should you go there.

Whatever you decide, include a good external, 4 bay or more charger. I'm just not a fan of charging married batteries in a mod, especially unattended or over night.

All that is why I like and suggested the GX2/4 fulfilling option 1 and getting halfway into option 2 with one mod/purchase. I take it in quad mode if going out all day or even overnight knowing it will give me sufficient battery life. I take it in dual mode if going out for several hours. But remembering all those times I ran out of smokes or fire, I always take an extra mod with me in either circumstance! :) I'm not proclaiming it the best mod ever, the end-all/be-all of mods, or the only option. Just sounds like it fits your needs. But be advised: The GX2/4 does not do on board charging! You will need an external charger, but I consider that a good thing.

As far as TC and which mods do TC, I don't know of any regulated mods that don't include TC. It's more a matter of how well they do it. Narrow your list of choices in mods, then ask opinions of how well each performs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are tons of good ones out there, but I don't own a DNA mod. I find TC works well enough with my non-dna mods, and while I understand some of them are rugged, I think there's a price premium on that. Maybe one day. There are good threads to peruse on the TC mods area, might want to check some of those out.

Good luck,

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thanks all so much so I do guess I would want to get a good quad mod with dna tc ... are there any good suggested ones out there ...it'll be great not to have to worry about battery life once i step out the door in the morning.. thanks for the help

Please take this for what it is.....Just my humble opinion which is at best only worth :2c:!

Your thread started by looking for a triple battery mod for your power mode vaping so "it'll be great not to have to worry about battery life once i step out the door in the morning." Get the mod you want/need to accomplish that first so you are covered for your vaping "needs." You should be able to test the waters of TC with that mod with a change of coils (or build wire if you do that). Then, should you find TC is the way you want to go, laying out the money for the more expensive DNA mod (at least they were more expensive last I checked) will come easier.

In no way am trying to push you away from TC! There are many who will swear it is the only way to go.....and it very well may be. But as somebody with a $175 DNA mod in my collection, sitting there gathering dust and just taking up space, I'm just suggesting to wade in rather then jumping in like I did and found TC just didn't work for me.

Take care of your "needs" today, then search for "better/best" tomorrow! JMHO!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread