Reliable online source for PG/VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I use Bulk Apothecary and have not had any issues with the quality. On my second gallon of both PG and VG. My mixing slowed down once I taught my neighbor how to mix so have not ordered in a while but have no complaints from my past experience. If my memory serves me correctly, the price with shipping was cheaper from BA.

I have used from Essential Depot in the past as well but in truth, kind of like the VG from BA better. I got an odd taste from the last purchase of VG from Essential Depot. The taste reminded me of what Halloween face paint smelled (not sure if that makes any sense, but that is what I wrote in my notes). Could have been a fluke with my taste buds changing at that time, or just a mental thing and had nothing to do with their VG. In any event, ordered from BA and have stuck with them since.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Looking at Wizard right now Baditude, the price is right, the shipping is free. Have you ever used their PG/VG? Your thoughts if you have used WL.
Yes I have. About a year ago (?) I bought concentrated nic (14%), Pg, and Vg. Everything was fine except I couldn't remove the child resistant cap off of the nic bottle. (I ended up sawing the lid off and then having to use coffee filters to remove the plastic particles in the liquid.)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use Nicotine river for VG and have from the start. It's almost a year old and still holding up just fine. I also use them for PEG400 and I have enough Vg/PEG400 for a year now, probably. Their prices are good, but buying in bulk/adding some flavorings would probably allow you to avoid shipping costs, usually if it's over $50 it's free, or perhaps I have always "met" the shipping free costs.

They come well packaged (although I kind of WISH that I hadn't gotten my 2.5 gallons of VG in ONE container, it's a bit... Unwieldy, I guess, until I broke it down into smaller parts. Both have looked good, tasted good, and have held up well as I continue mixing.

I do hear good things about Bulk Apothecary too, but I am a NIc River gal all the way, etc.

Anna

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Yes I have. About a year ago (?) I bought concentrated nic (14%), Pg, and Vg. Everything was fine except I couldn't remove the child resistant cap off of the nic bottle. (I ended up sawing the lid off and then having to use coffee filters to remove the plastic particles in the liquid.)

Thanks Bad! Their pricing is good and the shipping is free over $65. I remember your sawing post, sorry it made me chuckle but I know filtering through a coffee filter is nothing funny. I appreciate the response. I have some good options.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you have a Tractor Supply the pg is supposed to be good and is cheap, would save you shipping.

I checked out the PG at Tractor Supply a couple years ago, and then again lately. The price was/is $20-22/gallon jug. Since it's carried by them for animal use (cattle mainly)...I checked it out and IIRC I didn't remember seeing any USP info. on the jugs there. Maybe it doesn't have to be USP grade for animals?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I checked out the PG at Tractor Supply a couple years ago, and then again lately. The price was/is $20-22/gallon jug. Since it's carried by them for animal use (cattle mainly)...I checked it out and IIRC I didn't remember seeing any USP info. on the jugs there. Maybe it doesn't have to be USP grade for animals?
I've not used it but it was recommended to me for diy. Believe it was here on ECF and the poster used it themselves.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Just looked it up on TS site and gal jug is labeled USP in bold letters.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've not used it but it was recommended to me for diy. Believe it was here on ECF and the poster used it themselves.

Yeah...I've seen it recommended on here before, too. I just personally never tried it because of the lack of USP info. and because I already know I like BA PG & VG.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Just looked it up on TS site and gal jug is labeled USP in bold letters.

Wow, that's interesting. Maybe they've changed it since I checked on it. Could be they found that vapers are using it, too, and it's a better seller if it's USP grade.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I usually get it from Nicotine river when I order flavoring and nicotine from them, I just order enough stuff to get free shipping from them. Free shipping on $50+

I have also gotten it in a pinch on eBay. There is a seller with quart and gallon containers with free shipping and the stuff has been good from them. They are full quart and gallon containers as it isn't sold by weight but container by them. I haven't tried it but they also have premixed 80/20 and premixed 70/30 vg/pg.

rocky_mountain_oils_company | eBay Stores

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I bought it. Mine clearly marked USP, but also says for animal use only. CYA, likely. These jugs had no inner seal, only the cap. Seems fine,though, I am using straight PG at present. (That is another story, I will put up on general thread.) $21 and change.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I normally purchase from Essential Depot but I need a new source for comparable PG/VG from an online supplier. I need VG and they still haven't shipped the order I made on the 24th, but they did charge my credit card ;)

I've always liked their quality but need a backup.

Before ordering from anywhere else have you called ED to see where your order is. I mean 2 weeks is a very unusually long time for them. Did you at least get a confirmation from them when you ordered? May be the order got lost and they are assuming you got it.

I generally get it with in a week even when they are having a sale and they are very busy shipping and filling orders.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I buy my nic, pg and vg from:
https://www.nudenicotine.com/
I tried that once, an order to Oz, they double charged me, routinely lied about when it was shipped, didn't provide any updates the countless times I emailed them (in fact they completely ignored me most of the time) and I finally had to get my bank to reverse the charges...when it finally turned up 5 weeks late i had the post office boomerang it back to them automatically at their cost...never again

And I'm not the only Aussie they've done this too...their name is dirt here

Nicotine River I tried to buy from recently, they changed their story, at first blocking me at the cart from having it shipped to Oz, due to "hazardous" items...when I contacted them the 1st time to say wtfudge, I've ordered nic from the USA with no issues before, they then told me I had to use their mates forwarding company "give xx an email, and tell them xx sent you" fricking nice attempt at a gouging racket, they must know it's already really expensive for Aussies to get gear shipped here from the USA, and decided they'd try and pad it out and line their pockets even more. When I emailed them back calling them out on this and told them I'd put a warning up about them on my home forum in Oz, they tried to change tack and say I didn't have to send via the forwarding company. Too bad I had all the emails. Damage done, their name is dirt in Oz now.

Thank your lucky stars if you're in the USA, in Oz nic is illegal to sell, so we have to import it, and sadly due to the expense and exploitation from USA nic vendors, most people I know order from China, it's here in 4 days and at half the cost....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I tried that once, an order to Oz, they double charged me, routinely lied about when it was shipped, didn't provide any updates the countless times I emailed them (in fact they completely ignored me most of the time) and I finally had to get my bank to reverse the charges...when it finally turned up 5 weeks late i had the post office boomerang it back to them automatically at their cost...never again

And I'm not the only Aussie they've done this too...their name is dirt here

Nicotine River I tried to buy from recently, they changed their story, at first blocking me at the cart from having it shipped to Oz, due to "hazardous" items...when I contacted them the 1st time to say ..., I've ordered nice from the USA with no issues before, they then told me I had to use their mates forwarding company "give xx an email, and tell them xx sent you" fricking nice attempt at a gouging racket, they must know it's already really expensive for Aussies to get gear shipped here from the USA, and decided they'd try and pad it out and line their pockets even more. When I emailed them back calling them out on this and told them I'd put a warning up about them on my home forum in Oz, they tried to change tack and say I didn't have to send via the forwarding company. Too bad I had all the emails. Damage done, their name is dirt in Oz now.

Thank your lucky stars if you're in the USA, in Oz nice is illegal to sell, so we have to import it, and sadly due to the expense and exploitation from USA nic vendors, most people I know order from China, it's here in 4 days and at half the cost....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have had the exact opposite experience with Nude Nicotine. All orders are shipped same day or next day (depending on when I place the order) and arrives at my house within one day. Of course I live only two hours away from them. The quality of their nic, PG and VG is fantastic and I can't think of any reason not to buy from them. Also they recently sent out a message to customers to inform us they are lowering costs across the board on all nic products to a value they think is fair and due to their new lab being built and allowing them to be even more efficient. I never once complained about their prices and always thought it was worth the cost and that the cost was fair anyway. But I'm all for their new prices.

I am lucky to be in the USA and wouldn't live anywhere else in this world.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Before ordering from anywhere else have you called ED to see where your order is. I mean 2 weeks is a very unusually long time for them. Did you at least get a confirmation from them when you ordered? May be the order got lost and they are assuming you got it.

I generally get it with in a week even when they are having a sale and they are very busy shipping and filling orders.

I did danny and they said the order hadn't shipped but would ship the next day, it didn't and I cancelled. I did e-mail them in an attempt to get resolution but it did not garner the desired results. I bought from WL and received my shipment in less than a week, basically a cube with VG/PG and saved a decent amount of money too. If the quality is there when I start mixing I will stick with WL.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I did danny and they said the order hadn't shipped but would ship the next day, it didn't and I cancelled. I did e-mail them in an attempt to get resolution but it did not garner the desired results. I bought from WL and received my shipment in less than a week, basically a cube with VG/PG and saved a decent amount of money too. If the quality is there when I start mixing I will stick with WL.
Just curious, @Marc411. What swayed you to go with WL over Bulk Apothecary? I just ran 2 gallons of PG, and 2 Gallons of VG through both sites; and even with free shipping, WL came in at $121.96 delivered, while BA came in at $92.70 (delivered) which includes $28.86 shipping ($63.84 product only).

I've been a satisfied BA buyer for about 3 years now; but I was wondering if you found something that gave WL an edge that was worth a 24% increase in cost. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread