Remember to hydrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

walk1191

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Brunswick, GA
Because of e-cigs I've been smoke-free since February 1st. My problem was I loved vaping so much that I vaped constantly, without drinking enough water. I vaped upstairs, downstairs, and outdoors. I loved my dear passthrough. Without going into all the details, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with dehydration and given I.V. fluids. I've learned my lesson. Now I try to vape only outdoors (as if smoking a cigarette) and I've cut back on my vaping a good bit. And I drink much more water than I used to.

Turns out, in addition to the dehydration, I had suffered a heart attack. Luckily, no damage to the heart. A stent was put in and I was back home the next morning, where my eGo was patiently waiting. Of course, vaping had nothing to do with the heart attack. I had build-up in my arteries from being raised on lard biscuits and fried chicken. Yum!

I just wanted to remind everyone to please remember to drink plenty of water. PG and VG are humectants and they will most certainly pull moisture from our bodies. Still vaping and loving it. :)

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I'm glad you're okay, too! Keeping yourself hydrated can't be stressed enough. People really need to listen to what their bodies are telling them. If you feel thirsty, dizzy or getting a sore throat while vaping then your body is telling you to drink more water!

Also, sometimes your body will say, "hungry" when it really means "thirsty", so drink some water whenever you feel hungry and see how you feel in a few minutes.

GMoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
MA
Also, sometimes your body will say, "hungry" when it really means "thirsty", so drink some water whenever you feel hungry and see how you feel in a few minutes.

Like when my mind tells me 'sexy' when it really means 'drunk' in a bar

I was going to applaud Rosa for her insightful and knowledgeable comment, but intriqken had to step in with this hilarious analogy! Good Job! :) ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread