remove alcohol from an e-liquid or aroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandrino

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Italy
The boiling point for PGA is fairly close to the alcohols you don't want to evaporate out, the PG & VG, so unless you have really nice equipment, I would just open the bottle and let it evaporate out. Putting it into a shallow dish would speed things up, but I would have a devil of a time getting it back into a bottle.

I want to evaporate all alcohol (Ethyl alcohol, I think)

boiling point of Propylene Glycol is 188,2°C
boiling point of Glycerol is >290 °C (but I should not have VG) in my liquids.
boiling point of Ethyl alcohol is 78.37 °C

if I insert the liquid in the oven at 80 °C for a couple of minutes? :)
S.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
If your oven has that low of a setting, it may be worth a shot. (The lowest on mine is about 100 C)

Just long enough to get the liquid hot then pull it out. You will lose some PG and if there is any nicotine in it, it will likely be oxidized. There will be some impact on the taste of the flavoring, but I have no idea if it will be good or bad. Guess it will, somewhat, depend on how well it goes with oxidized nicotine. (I imagine the PGA got in there as a flavoring carrier.)

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I just wanted to do it with some flavors, are some extract with big % of alcohol. there is no nicotine inside... only PG,water,alcohol and flavor.. the alcohol is used for the extraction process

I would avoid boiling it.

Any heat applied may change the flavor or dynamics of your flavoring.

Here is my first rotavapor which works wonders and its a overkill for your current needs.
154555d1354012724t-aroma-ejuice-laboratory-rotavapor.jpg

A simple solution to remove alcohol would be to have air moving over your bottle of flavoring (i.e. a simple fan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread