Status
Not open for further replies.

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
I have a flashlight bulb with wires soldered to the positive and negative contacts of the bulb and rare earth magnets soldered to the other ends of the wires. I use it to fully drain my 4.8V NiMH batteries then I slap them on the charger for 5 to 6 hours. Alice told me to do this, so I had to obey. Once a month? Not sure how often I should do it.

This is supposed to be good for them and prevent a memory effect and other such stuff that I don't fully comprehend.

I read the same thing on here somewhere. I just keep on using them til they wont power the SR atty anymore, then take a couple hits with a lr atty to fully kill it.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have a flashlight bulb with wires soldered to the positive and negative contacts of the bulb and rare earth magnets soldered to the other ends of the wires. I use it to fully drain my 4.8V NiMH batteries then I slap them on the charger for 5 to 6 hours. Alice told me to do this, so I had to obey. Once a month? Not sure how often I should do it.

This is supposed to be good for them and prevent a memory effect and other such stuff that I don't fully comprehend.

Alice is correct Mudflap, they dont have so called memory effect but it is described as the following which is not my verbaige =

Do NiMH batteries have memory effect?

Technically, NiMH batteries do not have a "memory effect", but strictly speaking neither do NiCds. However NiMH batteries can experience voltage depletion, also called voltage depression, similar to that of NiCd batteries, but the effect is normally less noticeable. To completely eliminate the possibility of NiMH batteries suffering any voltage depletion effect manufacturers recommend an occasional, complete discharge of NiMH batteries followed by a full recharge. NiMH batteries can also be damaged by overcharge and improper storage (see the NiCd section immediately above this one). Most users of NiMH batteries don't have to be concerned with this voltage depletion effect. But if you use a device say a flashlight, radio, or digital camera for only a short time every day and then charge the batteries every night, you will need to let the NiMH (or NiCd) batteries run down occasionally.

Mudflap you can read about the NiMh Batts here = FAQ's on nimh batteries, and nicad rechargeable batteries compared to heavy duty batteries

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
Alice is correct Mudflap, they dont have so called memory effect but it is described as the following which is not my verbaige =

Do NiMH batteries have memory effect?

Technically, NiMH batteries do not have a "memory effect", but strictly speaking neither do NiCds. However NiMH batteries can experience voltage depletion, also called voltage depression, similar to that of NiCd batteries, but the effect is normally less noticeable. To completely eliminate the possibility of NiMH batteries suffering any voltage depletion effect manufacturers recommend an occasional, complete discharge of NiMH batteries followed by a full recharge. NiMH batteries can also be damaged by overcharge and improper storage (see the NiCd section immediately above this one). Most users of NiMH batteries don't have to be concerned with this voltage depletion effect. But if you use a device say a flashlight, radio, or digital camera for only a short time every day and then charge the batteries every night, you will need to let the NiMH (or NiCd) batteries run down occasionally.

Mudflap you can read about the NiMh Batts here = FAQ's on nimh batteries, and nicad rechargeable batteries compared to heavy duty batteries

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
I run the 5v all the time as well, try it with a good 2ohm Atty its a super vape !

This thread inspired me to try 5V vaping.

I got my 4.8v batteries and charger today. I slapped on a 2.0 boge carto and it was MUY Caliente! Hot stuff. So I took off the white cap and put a delrin tip to spare my lips the heat and it was much better. I must say the vape blew me away!

I am thinking of getting either 2.3 or 2.8 atties later on. In the meantime, I am hearing a snap crackle and pop - getting a good vape, but a bit concerned by the noises.

Would love to know if others experience these noises at 5v and whether there's any reason to worry.

Thanks!

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hi guys,

now my first reo was a grand love it now I got the mini love it even more and now I am of course considering a woody but still trying to figure out which one te mini wood or grand wood.

Now I found a question that will decide on my decision and would like to know can you vape at 5v with the reo woodville? Or is it 3.7v and 6v but 5v is not possible?

Hope my reo family jumps in and finds an answer for me.

Thanks everyone

Want to quit -- thank you for this thread... Thanks to your thread, I am on the 5v bandwagon!

Happy Vaping and Squonk on! ;)

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
D, "snap crackle pop" is "normal" with boge atty's. Especially when your putting ~14.5 watts through one which is what a 5.4ish batt and a 2.0Ω kick out. Thats why its so hot.... Your certainly not going to hurt your reo. Your carto will have to be "moistened" more often though...

Thank you Mike -- like most Reonauts, I am incredibly bonded with my Reo and don't want to mess it up! So glad to know that's normal.

Thanks a million!

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Delilah, try getting some 3.0Ω (Regular) Boges. With that battery you will still be producing ~9.72 watts which you will most likely find more "pleasant"... CCV has the best "deal" around. 3-5pks for $19 shipped...

CCV?? Okay, I am mixing them up with Clouds of Vapor -- what's CCV? That is a great deal for sure!

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
CCV?? Okay, I am mixing them up with Clouds of Vapor -- what's CCV? That is a great deal for sure!

CCV= Crystal Clear Vaping /Andrew. He's a hell of a vendor. 100% money back guarantee on all his cartos too! He always gives "extra stuff" in your order too. I think the code is ecf5off for the extra $1.00 off the $20 to make it $19. Shipping is always free.
15 Boge 510 Carto Deal

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
CCV= Crystal Clear Vaping /Andrew. He's a hell of a vendor. 100% money back guarantee on all his cartos too! He always gives "extra stuff" in your order too. I think the code is ecf5off for the extra $1.00 off the $20 to make it $19. Shipping is always free.
15 Boge 510 Carto Deal

Mike, this is a great deal, no doubt, but they are 2 ohm.... I wanted to go with your recommendation for 2.3 or 2.8.... I forgot if you had a link for those?

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Mike, this is a great deal, no doubt, but they are 2 ohm.... I wanted to go with your recommendation for 2.3 or 2.8.... I forgot if you had a link for those?

Click on the "select type" box and a drop down will let you choose the "type"... (REG are 2.8Ω-3.0Ω)
*Don't forget to specify your choice of 1 free metal or 2 plastic dt's with each bundle!)

Last edited:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Click on the "select type" box and a drop down will let you choose the "type"... (REG are 2.8Ω-3.0Ω)

That is GREAT! Can't thank you enough Mike.
girl-smiley-kiss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread