The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

REO CLONED

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by herb, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bky16

bky16 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2015
    Hong Kong
    You guys are really helpful, thanks a lot.

2. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

image.jpg I call him Snaggletooth, I got a little carried away with the hand files before I brought out the power sander. image.jpg But at least I'll always know which one is mine :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. Lessifer

whoa. those are some big pictures... they didn't look that big on my phone.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bky16

bky16 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2015
    Hong Kong
    Should have checked the above photo more carefully.:oops:
    REO01.jpg REO02.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. kkiet

kkiet Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Sitting a little high.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DoubleDZA

DoubleDZA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2014
    South Africa
    Just a tad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lessifer

oops, yeah, you want it slightly above the 510 ring. It's alright though, it'll still work, just maybe don't put it in your pocket.

8. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    Go to Lowes,HomeDepot whatever and get a flat RUBBER washer. Fifty cents, space is gone and you can put the mod in your pocket again.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Burnie

Burnie The Bug Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    If you read this, don't waste your money, BOTH are Crap. JMHO

I'll stick with my Hybris and Sophia. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. 93gc40

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    So I have a Grand clone and Chalice III, coming in the next couple weeks or months.. Ordered from China, Friday..

Anybody have a recommended build for the atty. Will try anything 20 watts or LESS, preferably around 10 to 15watts. I use Kanthal of 28awg or SMALLER.
    My current preference is .9ohm to 1.2ohm mechanical, or 1.3-1.5ohm regulated, single twisted coils.. Yes I will regulate the Reo clone, via a kick. Works in the Smokeless owl, so the Reo should be easier to do. But will probaly go more to the mechanical side. Because 18650 batteries last longer than 18500s, especially when the 18500 is pushing a kick module.

11. Lessifer

In the chalice I'd start with a single contact coil, go for the 1.2 or higher. Remember, you will either have to figure out where the inner air hole is pointing and build in front of it, or tap out the inner chamber and reposition it so that it's in the correct spot. You really want the air hole to sit dead center on the side opposite the posts so you have room to build and have air flow.

12. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    When you build that Chalice,check it on an ohm meter or a regulated mod first.Burnie mentioned in another thread that he thought the Reo clone clone was bad,but found out the Chalice clone was the cause of the problem.I forget what he said was causing it,but it was shorting out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 93gc40

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    OK, But I always use a DMM to check my mod and atty prior to usage or building. Even if I had a mod with a meter, I would NEVER trust the on-board meter for building or maintenance purposes. Regardless of the on-board meters accuracy. I will treat it like the idiot lights of a Car, rather than a true diagnostic tool.

14. b.m.

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Cool,just wanted to make sure.I know there are some people who just trust their builds enough to throw them right on a mech without checking,and since there is a confirmed issue with at least his atty,wanted to make sure someone else doesn't have that same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 93gc40

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    Wellll, I do put untested builds on my mech, often.... Just not NEW builds. After building the same 1ohm to 1.5ohm coils a few dozen times each. I will wrap and vape an untested coil, when it is a build I am familiar with. But then I vape at 1ohm and higher, using 35amp rated batteries. I'm not too worried about minor mistake being "un-safe". Oh by the way what many around here call being safe I call being paranoid and wussiness.

16. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The idea is to check for a short, with the cap and DT on.
    Prevents dropping the spring, or venting the battery from a short.

• Like Like x 2
  17. b.m.

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Yep,now that you mention that,that's where Burnie had his issue.Said he tested it without the cap and it was good,so he threw it on the Reo clone,and dropped the spring.Rechecked the atty again and when he put the cap on,it was shorting out.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Lessifer

The chalice III has an extra chamber inside the top cap, so it would be easy to short on it if you don't account for the size difference.

• Like Like x 1
  19. b.m.

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Ok,yeah that makes sense then.I don't have one,so just going by the issue he had,as i had planned on getting one until he mentioned his issue.I'll probably get one to try out anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Burnie

Burnie The Bug Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    The problem with the Chalice III clone I got is the air flow insert, it shorts with the screws. I removed it and no shorts, air flow is not what I would like, but no shorts. I put a fuse in the cReo to make up for the collapsed spring and the Chalice III clone is working fine on it, without the airflow insert. Just make sure to check the Ω with it fully put together to make sure there are no shorts.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.