Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
The stock coil that came with Killer is one piece of resistance wire. This morning, doing a dry burn in dim light, one wire that came out of one tiny hole in ceramic cup, glowed red right under cup. When I have the time I am going to recoil using only resistance wire just as the stock coil came.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
So what do you reonaut rba pros think of the ease of coil building for each different model you have? Maybe a score from 1 to 5, with five being the easiest...

So far I have some reomizers, an A7 & an an Era on the way. Thanks.

Great idea and suggestion. I have several but no time to spend building and comparing. Hope that will change some day. AND I will add that, using cheap "jeweler's" hood/glasses (what ever they are called), none seem any more complicated than others, to me,when you get down to basics, and have a little patience, and tolerance for failure or semi-failure, at first, as long as doing with Kanthal and silica. Some of the silica wick I've gotten has been so stiff it is hard to make it stay down in place for wicking. I've just gotten in some smaller than 3mm wicking from silicawicks that seems to be more pliable. The only other wicks I've gotten from there is the 3mm.

I do prefer the 30 Kanthal over all. 32 is a bit fragile and 28 is a bit springy.

Over all, for all, there is limited space to work with. Again, eyesight magnification and bright light seems to be the most significant tools. Other small tools help but not nearly as important as good light and magnification.

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I really like the idea of the Killer 705 and the Surface, but I just don't want to have to mess around with finding/stocking NR wire

Surface doesn't use NR wire as it has +/- posts, with post holes and screws like many of the others.

The Mini A7 is virtually identical to the Surface and far cheaper. All parts interchangeable. Top cap on A7 tapers at top and top cap of Surface is heaftier. A7 post screws have Phillip's heads whereas Surface screws are hex. I have parts of the two mixed from when I showed jack and only way you can tell which base is which is A7 is torched brass color, DIY. Surface base has a few more threads for top cap and doesn't use a small silicone elastic at base of those threads like the A7 does. If I had known how almost identical they are I would have saved a load of money and not ordered 4 Surface. I ordered them before the A7 Mini was released.

Although we paid only $8-9 for A7 Mini in co-op you can find them retail for about $20 with option to get a polished SS or factory black.

I'm not sure what process they use at factory to black them. I haven't been able to get a true black doing my own torching; close enough though.

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
BTW.... My latex 1/8 inch braces elastics work great in place of the little silicone elastics used so much in RBAs. I haven't, though, tested them for really high heat. Most of the braces elastics I've found on Amazon are not latex so not sure what they are made of or heat tolerance. I use latex elastics as I'm not sensitive to latex and they are stronger than the others. I asked my orthodontist about the colored ones and he said they aren't as strong and break more easily. I've popped the latex ones when I forgot I had them on and opened my mouth wide enough to eat something. I always wear them to Costco so I won't be tempted to try all the samples.;)

Feisty Alice

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
Surface doesn't use NR wire as it has +/- posts, with post holes and screws like many of the others.

The Mini A7 is virtually identical to the Surface and far cheaper. All parts interchangeable. Top cap on A7 tapers at top and top cap of Surface is heaftier. A7 post screws have Phillip's heads whereas Surface screws are hex. I have parts of the two mixed from when I showed jack and only way you can tell which base is which is A7 is torched brass color, DIY. Surface base has a few more threads for top cap and doesn't use a small silicone elastic at base of those threads like the A7 does. If I had known how almost identical they are I would have saved a load of money and not ordered 4 Surface. I ordered them before the A7 Mini was released.

Although we paid only $8-9 for A7 Mini in co-op you can find them retail for about $20 with option to get a polished SS or factory black.

I'm not sure what process they use at factory to black them. I haven't been able to get a true black doing my own torching; close enough though.

Feisty Alice

Thanks for the info! Iv'e been happy with my A-7's- especially after installing a bushing on the center pins, sealing the mounting surfaces with an o-ring, and drilling a 1mm hole in the covers. This takes care of the gurgling and really makes this a fine unit, however what a freekin chore it is to drill thru SS; it's like drilling cryptonite.

I'd really like to give the A7 mini a try. How does the A-7 mini compare in size to the A-7? Where on earth can I find one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
I just received a few Igo-S's ... These thing look promising! I haven't tried them yet, but they are teeny tiny! I know these will work on my Reo (not as a bottom feeder of course-yet:)). I looked at the specs and they appear to be just about the same height as the Igo-L, just a whole lot narrower and they come with holes in the posts- which I like. The cap fit is nice; not too loose/tight. Time to experiment and see if I can somehow convert these to work as a bottom fed.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Thanks for the info! Iv'e been happy with my A-7's- especially after installing a bushing on the center pins, sealing the mounting surfaces with an o-ring, and drilling a 1mm hole in the covers. This takes care of the gurgling and really makes this a fine unit, however what a freekin chore it is to drill thru SS; it's like drilling cryptonite.

I'd really like to give the A7 mini a try. How does the A-7 mini compare in size to the A-7? Where on earth can I find one?

Not sure where the Mini A7 is available right now. Everything slowed down and retailers ran out of stock of all kinds of supplies because of the Chinese New Year. Things are just starting to trickle in but I don't think the Chinese factories are fully ramped back up yet.

20130219_1206111.jpg

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com

https://vaporbank.com/shop/index.php?p=product&id=1247

Last edited by a moderator:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread