~ REO GRAND Review ~ GRAND or MINI anyone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Hi Folks.

This is a review of the REO Grand that I've been vaping on for slightly over a week.

Just A Little History : Redeyedancer is the designer / manufacturer of these mod's . His first masterpiece was the Wood Reo then on to the very popular Reo Mini and now the middle sized version Reo GRAND.

The Grand is a larger version of the Mini but otherwise made with exactly the same excellent design and craftsmanship.

This picture shows the different colors / variations available for the Grand or the Reo Mini : The polished and new brushed texture options are also available.

mininew.jpg

Ok...On to my review :)

I cannot do this review of the Grand without including the Mini because they are exactly alike except in size. So, i suppose this is a duel review in a clumsyish way.

Meet my Grand & Mini....The Grand is named John Prine and The Mini is Lolly ( I name all of my vapes )

007-3.jpg

As you can see the Grand is a Maroonish Red with Black door and the Mini is the polished version. Aren't they beautiful ??

Specifications

The Grand

• Measures 3 3/5 x 1 3/5" x 4/5"

• Uses 1 x 18650 protected battery

• All Mechanial aluminum mod

• 510 atomizer connection
with adapters you can use any atomizer with the Grand

• Holds 6ml bottle of your favorite liquid

• Self fed, bottom feeding design

• Sturdy activation button, it actually twists to off position

• High Bridge for Atomizer to sit
with reservoir around bottom of bridge to allow dripping directly into, it's great for dripping new flavors without switching the bottle.

• Easy slide door, with 2 magnets at the top to grip it in place.

• Your Reo comes with 6ml bottle, 510LR atomizer, Drip tip

The Good Stuff :

I am totally in love with the Reo Mod's. Period. Nothing else compairs to these vaping machines. I've tried many many different mod's but these are the best, hands down.

I can actually leave my home for 12 hours of work with my Grand and Mini Reo and nothing else except a spare atomizer. I consistantly vape 2 flavors, so that's why I take both with me everywhere I go.

Before the Reo mods, i would typically carry a makeup bag with 3 devices, extra batteries for all, cartomizers, juice...you name it, i threw it in there. This is the best thing for me about Reo's mods....It is a complete unit..nothing else needed.

The Vape : With this Grand and a LR atomizers, i feel like im vaping at 5 volts. This boy kicks like a mule with a new atomizer. You won't be disappointed here

Easy to use, no babying him, no constantly cleaning this or that and trying to get it to vape. I've not had one problem out of him so far....and I'm always fliddling with something it seems like.

I love the reservoir around the atty bridge. It's a great way to try new things you just received without loading up a device with all the bells and whistles just to try something. That always aggravated me. You can just drip 3 or 4 drops of a new liquid right into that reservoir and try that flavor without changing the bottle.

It's Sturdy. Ok. I'm clumsy. I drop things, i shove things off of tables with my arm, I am a klutz. These are the Mods that can pass the clumsy / goof/ klutz/ test. I have dropped these devices on the hard wood floors in my home several times over, it doesnt faze them. The atomizer doesnt fly off, the battery doesnt end up under the couch. If you drop it...It's Ok. It holds together, and works without having to fix a thing ! Amazing !

The Switch : This switch is strong, it's sturdy, its not flimsy and I'm not afraid it will break...the high bridge on the Reo actually protects the switch when you drop it, so no worries about these switches.

The Inside :
This is clean...no wires, nothing to accidentally mess up, nothing to have to worry about leaking on...and this device does NOT leak into the main compartment. You have a small black gasket in the bottles he sends that keeps the liquid from leaking out of the bottle, even if you shake it upside down it holds it in there. It's Clean...it's spotless inside. No epoxy glue gunk anywhere..( hate that stuff). There is basically nothing that you can screw up inside to halt the production of the vape. I like this :)

Flooding... ok, From previous experiences with bottle feeding devices, there's always or usually a flooding issue. I'm not saying you can't flood the Reo...it's just harder to do so. I've not had an issue with flooding . I push the little bottle every 5 or 10 vapes..and its good to go. I honestly think the reservoir around the atty connection keeps the flooding at minimal. I think it backs up the extra juice in there and keeps it from being too saturated to vape.

Customer Service... Redeyedancer ( Robert) He backs up his work. He's a perfectionist. He wants everything to be perfect before he sends it out. He's approachable, and easy to talk too. If you have a question, ask him....he actually is answering questions in his thread in the forum all the time. I honestly don't see how he gets all of this work done.

Ok..want to show you just how clean this mod is.

014.jpg

Look how perfect this Grand is....See ? No wires, No gunk, No Glue :)

Here's a picture of the Grand and Mini next to a Riva Battery so you can get a general idea of the size.

006-4.jpg

And...This picture is next to the 18650 battery, See the electrical tape around the battery ? That's Redeyedancers idea, it helps you remove the battery without having to pry or dig it out of there. Easy Peasy !
001-4.jpg

Here's a picture of the top of the bridge, and the activation button.

013-1.jpg

I will add more pictures in my next posting. But wanted you to have an idea of this mod.

Robert has sold quite a few so far and I know another run are going to be available probably late next week. And.....I know theres a batch of Mini's possibly becoming available the week after.

This is his website REO's Mods | Home of the REO PV

And this is basically the information thread that Robert has set up in the Modders supply forum : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...um/134438-www-reosmods-com-4.html#post2166699

So...which do you choose ? The Mini or the Grand ? I am fortunate to have both and I love them both. The Grand has the larger 18650 battery which lasts all day for me, The Mini lasts almost all day, The mini is more compact and uses a 14500 protected battery ( 3ml bottle inside )...

I say...get one of each...or try one to see how you like it. Then you will want both.

Hope you've liked this review and If anyone has any questions please ask or pm me.

I know ive forgotten something so Im sure ill be back adding on this thread.

Thanks all :)

019-1.jpg

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Thanks Clumsy, as a new REO Grand owner I can vouch for everything you said.
Especially about wanting both :) I can't wait for the round of Mini sales, I'm in for sure.

This was my first feeder mod, and I learned how to use it within the first hour. I've never flooded it. I've put about 8ml through it in the first 26 hours. Battery is still rocking and I am 110% happy with my purchase. This is the cleanest looking feeder mod I have seen. I LOVE IT !

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
Hi Clumsy,

This is an absolutely fantastic review. You've just about said it all and I concur that this is the best juice fed mod on the market bar none. Believe me, I have tried quite a few others and although they are also great mods nothing is like the REO. It takes a licking and keeps on vaping.

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
Clumsy, Thanks for the great review. I have a red Grande too, named her Reddy Reo Grande. I am just curious why you named yours John Prine? I love his music! He's been one of my favorite singer/songwriters since the early 70's & his 1st album...a desert island classic, btw. I think I learned every song on that album back then, still know most of them.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Clumsy, Thanks for the great review. I have a red Grande too, named her Reddy Reo Grande. I am just curious why you named yours John Prine? I love his music! He's been one of my favorite singer/songwriters since the early 70's & his 1st album...a desert island classic, btw. I think I learned every song on that album back then, still know most of them.

Hey T9c.....I named my Grand John Prine because I always loved his music. I just thought my grand might could live up to the name and it has proven itself well. I had my cd's stolen from my car a few years ago and am just now replacing them and finally finding his older cd's.....I've fallen in love with his music all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread