Italy
www.facebook.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

corp

Dec 4, 2013
Sheffield
Rob,

It looks AMAZING I've already bought 2 LP Reo Grands from you. Having nerve and ligament damage in my hands the curved corners look really comfortable. I'll be interested to see how comfortable the repositioned fire switch is - I personally find the top mounted switch perfect for me, but when this goes on sales I'm definitely buying one!

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
It wouldn't hang off the back but to make it so you can pull the door up with a 22 mm atty I would need to make the 510 connection off center . I don't get it I never have . One can simply pull the door out the bottom . It is how I intended the door to be removed from the beginning
I think the fact that the door can't be pulled up is a great idea. It's the only thing that occasionally bugs me about the Grands is that the door slides up when I don't want it to. I think it's a great design change that this would prevent that!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Assuimg the new adjustable 510 and good plated contacts? Forgive me, I'm not too familiar with the woodies and I gather this borrows many of their attributes.
Yes the contacts will be gold plated

I'm curious how you replace the switch contact. Is it user replaceable?
The insert can be removed to clean or change the positive contact . I will make a tutorial at some point

Doubt I would get one for under a camera use haha, not that popular. It looks absolutely gorgeous though. I never understood the problem people had with 22mm atty's and the door. I usually slide my door just to hear it hit the bottom of my Odin. It's as addicting as clicking a pen :p The side fire bottom is amazing, I can use my trigger finger to fire it instead of my thumb. I've put other mods up for sale, had other ideas with the money, but may need to save that money if they sell for this one.

I did have a few questions I didn't see mentioned throughout this thread unless I missed it.
- This will be as durable as the other metal Reo? Mine goes through quite the beating. It'd take me forever to count as many times as mine has hit tile or concrete, but no hockey sticks :)
- I assume sub ohm contacts? 0.3 - 0.4 ohms is my range for an enjoyable vape.
- Any chance for a bigger bottle? As time goes on, about 10 months with a Reo now, that is my biggest complaint to this date. 3ml doesn't get me to lunch time. I end up filling mine completely twice a day and topping it off a 3rd time to make it through the night.
- Will this be more suitable for flat top batteries or built around the AW? I know people run flat tops on Reo's, I'm one of them, I also run the AW button tops.
Its a metal mod it should take a beaten I haven't had a chance to slap one off the concrete yet but I will . As far as the bottle goes I stuck with the 6 ml bottle I wanted to keep it as small as possible . I hear through the grape vine there are some 8.5 ml bottles that will fit this mod . If I can get my hands on enough of them I will use them . The mod will run flat tops or button tops just fine .

That looks super @redeyedancer
I love the rounded edges and it must be very comfortable in the hand
I support the 510 remaining in the centre

Definitely will want one of these. Raw tumbled for sure

Just a question, how does the voltdrop under load compare to the current metal Reos given the new switches and internals?
I haven't tested voltage drop yet . It will sub ohm for sure no worries on that front

Awesome!!! Looks to me like it will fit a larger juice bottle :)

Yeah I see a couple of holes near the positive post for the battery.. is that for the on and off switch? Something that maybe slides over the top of the battery to break contact? Love that! That's the one thing that's been plaguing me for the past 5 years is that the button always moves just enough to lock!

Will be buying 2 (money willing).

SL would look killer!

Tumbled for me!

Oh and i'm sure i'll have no prob lifting my door if needed as I'll be using small attys. :) Going up is easier to just check the juice level without removing the door. But please keep that 510 centered!

This looks stunning. When can we expect it to be released?
You are correct the hole on the positive plate is tapped for the on off switch a simple break of the connection were the top of the battery meets the positive plate .

Francesco De Marchi

Jan 18, 2012
Italy
www.facebook.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
The Mod Father has risen!! The NEW Metal Reo Grand kicks m-u-t-h-e-r-... A_$!!
shok.gif

Geeeeee Rob, you are truly the Engineering MOD MASTER! I was hoping it would be similar to the 2015 Woodvil, and sure enough... it is!
good.gif

Doesn't bother me at all that the door would have to slide down to accommodate the 510 being precisely centered. This would eliminate the door ever sliding UP when you put it down in your pocket, or a case.

What about you putting your signature on this one. I personally would love to see R>E>O engraved inside it.

I personally LOVE the side trigger firing button. It's a more natural tendency, and would accommodate arthritis and other wrist problems as well.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
As far as the bottle goes I stuck with the 6 ml bottle I wanted to keep it as small as possible . I hear through the grape vine there are some 8.5 ml bottles that will fit this mod . If I can get my hands on enough of them I will use them .

Interesting. That would even make the REO even more hassle free than it is already.....who would have ever thought that possible.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I like it. The flat top looks good to me. I favor the centered 510. Door slid up and dropping fills a nervous need. Door slid down to fill. If a different larger bottle fits without a change in box size - great; if not then I would prefer the box size unchanged. Keep the 18650 and no change to a 26650. I am sure that the new "on-off" will be welcome - I accidentally turn mine off and I have been tempted (resisted) to shave the pin off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread