Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Hey all

Question:

I drilled out the old 510 on one of my Grands and enlarged the hole a bit

It's probably one 16th bigger in diameter than it should be

I want to install a new 510, but I need it snug, obviously

Any suggestions on how to fill that gap?

Ended up sending it in. :vapor:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Got those Samsung 30Q’s from RTD (sorry about my previous post calling them Q30’s. :)). I tried them in both of my Grands and they work great! I don’t even notice a difference when pushing the button. And no problem with them being too big on my Grands @Debadoo . Yay!
Now I just need to find some great 18490’s to replace my AW’s on my 18490 Woodville and Mini. RTD is out of that size. Ideas?

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Got those Samsung 30Q’s from RTD (sorry about my previous post calling them Q30’s. :)). I tried them in both of my Grands and they work great! I don’t even notice a difference when pushing the button. And no problem with them being too big on my Grands @Debadoo . Yay!
Now I just need to find some great 18490’s to replace my AW’s on my 18490 Woodville and Mini. RTD is out of that size. Ideas?
I’ve been using efest purple 15amp 18500 in my mini 2.1s and no problems. Liionwholesale has them in button tops. Battery life is great; I was skeptical as I always thought efest were crap but I’ll admit I was wrong. 18490/18500 are becoming hard to find. I think it’s better to have an efest than no batteries.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh my goodness, no one has this much trouble deciding on a battery. I had planned to order more lg hg 2s since I've been using them nearly 2 years, they fit great in grands and p67. I had used my sammy 30Qs in the p67 and they just seemed a tiny bit big. Then I dropped a spring mid vaping for no apparent reason

I just went to rtd to place the order for lghg2s and noticed they are in the clearance section. so they can't be returned if anything is wrong. Makes me wonder why they are getting rid of them, specially since there was the issue with them awhile back about being rewraps.

Here's my questions:
Would y'all feel comfy getting the lghg2s on clearance (still $6.89 a batt so not a clearance price)?

Have y'all used the Sony VTC 5a in p67s? Do they fit well, any issues? Would you get the VTC 5As if you weren't comfy with the lghg2s, or is there another one you prefer for using in the grands and the p67. I have always used flat tops in my grands, so have no issues with the extra throw.

Reactions: 73neb

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
oh my goodness, no one has this much trouble deciding on a battery. I had planned to order more lg hg 2s since I've been using them nearly 2 years, they fit great in grands and p67. I had used my sammy 30Qs in the p67 and they just seemed a tiny bit big. Then I dropped a spring mid vaping for no apparent reason

I just went to rtd to place the order for lghg2s and noticed they are in the clearance section. so they can't be returned if anything is wrong. Makes me wonder why they are getting rid of them, specially since there was the issue with them awhile back about being rewraps.

Here's my questions:
Would y'all feel comfy getting the lghg2s on clearance (still $6.89 a batt so not a clearance price)?

Have y'all used the Sony VTC 5a in p67s? Do they fit well, any issues? Would you get the VTC 5As if you weren't comfy with the lghg2s, or is there another one you prefer for using in the grands and the p67. I have always used flat tops in my grands, so have no issues with the extra throw.

I'd contact RTD. They've been reliable sellers for years. I'd ask them.

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area

Here's my questions:

I use vtc5a’s in my p67’s. They fit fine.

Reactions: Debadoo

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

Here's my questions:

I think you are reading that page wrong, it is over to the left of the page labeled Current best sellers, it's not really listed as a close out. I ordered 8 of them yesterday. :|

KAS

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'd contact RTD. They've been reliable sellers for years. I'd ask them.
good idea.

I think you are reading that page wrong, it is over to the left of the page labeled Current best sellers, it not really listed as a close out. I ordered 8 of them yesterday. :|

KAS
derrrrrrrrrrr I didn't notice it said that, just was shocked to see em when I clicked on the clearance tab. Yanno, just to see if there was anything else I had to have. Hope you left me some.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
So glad you got that sorted out @Debadoo! Where would we be without our fellow Reonauts?

I’ve got a couple questions about juice bottles. I’ve been happily using the stock ones from Reos in all my mods. Recently one of mine (after years) has started to leak somewhere so I figured it was time to put in a new one. (Smart huh? Haha). Anyway, I got my large extra bottle stash out and found that all of my caps are for transporting juice. 1st question? Is there an easy way to put a whole in a lid so that I can fit some tubing in there? Or.....

Question 2: I got a few of the Soft bottles from Reos when the P-67’s first came out (they have metal caps). I’ve actually never tried them but perhaps it is time? I’ve been going through our threads to see about the many tips I have read about in the past Re proper seating, but can’t seem to find them now. Also, I read something about the tubing that came with them early on was not the correct fit. (Leaking issues). Any better memories out there and tips?

Thank you in advance!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So glad you got that sorted out @Debadoo! Where would we be without our fellow Reonauts?

I’ve got a couple questions about juice bottles. I’ve been happily using the stock ones from Reos in all my mods. Recently one of mine (after years) has started to leak somewhere so I figured it was time to put in a new one. (Smart huh? Haha). Anyway, I got my large extra bottle stash out and found that all of my caps are for transporting juice. 1st question? Is there an easy way to put a whole in a lid so that I can fit some tubing in there? Or.....

Question 2: I got a few of the Soft bottles from Reos when the P-67’s first came out (they have metal caps). I’ve actually never tried them but perhaps it is time? I’ve been going through our threads to see about the many tips I have read about in the past Re proper seating, but can’t seem to find them now. Also, I read something about the tubing that came with them early on was not the correct fit. (Leaking issues). Any better memories out there and tips?

Thank you in advance!
It is absolutely time to use the soft ones. You’ll love them...I bet. I do.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
It is absolutely time to use the soft ones. You’ll love them...I bet. I do.
Do you have any recall about where some suggestions were made regarding seating/installing them properly? When you fill them are you able to use the same technique as you did with the stock ones?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Do you have any recall about where some suggestions were made regarding seating/installing them properly? When you fill them are you able to use the same technique as you did with the stock ones?

It is recommended that you fill them with hot water, pinch off the tube. The squeeze them rather hard. This eats the soft threads into the metal threads. This has worked well for me.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It is recommended that you fill them with hot water, pinch off the tube. The squeeze them rather hard. This seats the soft threads into the metal threads. This has worked well for me.
There. Fixed that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread