Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
My advice: Put away your meter for the time being.

Cut a length of 28AWG Kanthal, use a precision screwdriver or 1/16" drill bit and wrap a coil with 10 to 12 wraps. Install that coil on your RM2 and install a cotton wick. Mount the RM2 on your Grand, fill the bottle, soak the wick good, and pop in a fully charged AW IMR 18650. Take a few vapes. As Super X already advised you, too cool = lose a wrap or two; too hot = add a wrap or two.

In my humble opinion, micro-coils vape amazingly well within a range of resistances. Anywhere from 0.8Ω to 1.3Ω gives me a very satisfying vape. Using meters and knowing your exact resistance is fine and dandy, but not particularly necessary.

Enjoy your new gear!

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ah, well, you may be sorry you asked that one.

I was thinking of going for user name :censored:OffBoge but then realised some may find it offensive.

I guess that gives you a clue, eh? :D

Boge quality control blows goat. I can live with a few duds in a batch, maybe 5% or thereabouts, but the last two bricks I purchased (reputable vendor) were absolutely bloody awful.

The DOAs (bad thread, dodgy resistance, blocked side vents etc.) are bad enough but the sneaky buggers, the ones that check out OK but die right quick, are massively annoying.

So there you have it; NoMoreBoge, BogeBeBuggered or whatever.

Rant over. Well, for now. ;)

Ha! Thanks for the explanation! I've had much better luck with Boge, I use their Laser Slotted LR XL cartos, and haven't had a single dud.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
My thinking exactly, Matthee.

I know the Reo stuff will be rock solid so any problems will be down to me.

BTW, does everybody who orders Reo stuff turn into a Postman stalker or is it just me? :unsure:

You mean like sitting by the window on delivery day with a pen in hand and running to meet the truck as it pulls up, holding out the pen and saying "let me sign it" and grabbing the package?

No, nobody does that!
;)

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You mean like sitting by the window on delivery day with a pen in hand and running to meet the truck as it pulls up, holding out the pen and saying "let me sign it" and grabbing the package?

No, nobody does that!
;)

I'm almost never home when my Reos come, so I have to have them hold it at the post office, and then I get down there ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread