Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Got my Grand and reomizer today, set it up and it's hittin' like a beast. Loving it. But on the reomizer, one post is taller than the other and it's wire hole is not aligned straight ahead like the shorter post. Is this normal? Also, my coil is measuring at .8 ohms. Is this dangerous? And I'm a reo noob in case you couldn't tell.:D

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
I don't have a RM but I do have the same rba that the RM is made out of, yes it's normal & there are other RBAs like this. At first I had thought the offset holes was just poor build quality but then I realized it's better this way. Depending on which direction you wind your coils, the holes will allow the coil to sit straight as one end is on the top & the other end of the coil is on the bottom if you know what I mean. So you wouldn't have to wind the coil so the ends line up on center & bend the ends straight to line up with the holes if both posts had holes the same height. Sorry if you lost me, a pic would show exactly what I mean. Maybe some one else will understand what I'm saying & explain it more clearly. :)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi Treebeard :)

question Is it safe to turn the post ? one is a little off where I'd like it its not to far off just a bit

Yes you can turn them there threaded

I'm not sure about the post height...I'm sure Rob will address this. Some folks like 0.8 and it's probably fine on the mechanical ones, but I wouldn't do it on a VV. It's a little hot for my tastes.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
you might be able to unscrew one of the posts if you like the holes in a different spot, but, I dont own a reomizer so Idk. Congrats on the reo and mizer purchase lucky!!! A lot of rebuildables do have the holes in different spots and it can help or hinder, but you will adapt to where they are at I'm sure. Its not too hard. remember to rebuild with either an ohm meter or a ohm checking (& short checking) PV to 1st try your coil on, and it is also good to have yourself a battery-voltage checker. A 2cents4safety fuse is also a good idea if your just starting out. If you short your reo, the button could melt, or your hotspring can melt. But that is rare! Just take precautions when rebuilding. Good luck and enjoy the REOOO! LUCKY!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Got my Grand and reomizer today, set it up and it's hittin' like a beast. Loving it. But on the reomizer, one post is taller than the other and it's wire hole is not aligned straight ahead like the shorter post. Is this normal? Also, my coil is measuring at .8 ohms. Is this dangerous? And I'm a reo noob in case you couldn't tell.:D

From what he wrote ^^^I think he means that one hole is turned and it sounds like turning the post so the hole is facing the direction you want is ok.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Darkzero, your explanation was clear to me and now I think it beneficial that one is higher than the other.

Plumes.91, I do have a 2 cent laying around here somewhere. I'll give it a try in the Grand.

Super_X, where would the sub forum be without you!

Rob, the level of product quality and customer service from Reomods is astounding. This is very rare these days. I've been buying various vapeing products for about nine months now and it still freaks me out that almost every other vapor related product always has a disclaimer that the products are not guaranteed (mostly because it's Chinese made junk). When I come across a company with great product and customer service (like Reomods) I usually become a customer for life. I'm truly delighted with my purchase especially knowing that it is high quality USA made and backed up by great customer service. I think I see a mini in my near future and one for my son and my other son and their friends.....Keep up the good work.

Wow! this sub forum is like a brotherhood. Great advice all and thanks a bunch.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Darkzero, your explanation was clear to me and now I think it beneficial that one is higher than the other.

Plumes.91, I do have a 2 cent laying around here somewhere. I'll give it a try in the Grand.

Super_X, where would the sub forum be without you!

Rob, the level of product quality and customer service from Reomods is astounding. This is very rare these days. I've been buying various vapeing products for about nine months now and it still freaks me out that almost every other vapor related product always has a disclaimer that the products are not guaranteed (mostly because it's Chinese made junk). When I come across a company with great product and customer service (like Reomods) I usually become a customer for life. I'm truly delighted with my purchase especially knowing that it is high quality USA made and backed up by great customer service. I think I see a mini in my near future and one for my son and my other son and their friends.....Keep up the good work.

Wow! this sub forum is like a brotherhood. Great advice all and thanks a bunch.

.....or sisterhood....... :)

You're right on all fronts in that post.

Hi! I'm Jan.....right up north from you in Oklahoma. We sure have a lot of Okies and Texans using REOs these days.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
.....or sisterhood....... :)

You're right on all fronts in that post.

Hi! I'm Jan.....right up north from you in Oklahoma. We sure have a lot of Okies and Texans using REOs these days.

Hi! Jan, I agree. Brotherhood was a poor choice of words. Yes, Reohood is more like it. I'm not a native Texan...but I got here as fast as I could.... :) If I'm not mistaken, I saw a thread here on ECF that broke down where all the Reo users were from and Texas had more than any.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Hi! Jan, I agree. Brotherhood was a poor choice of words. Yes, Reohood is more like it. I'm not a native Texan...but I got here as fast as I could.... :) If I'm not mistaken, I saw a thread here on ECF that broke down where all the Reo users were from and Texas had more than any.

That would be this thread: REO Roll Call

Are you there yet?
:laugh:

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Yeah....Texas is a big state with LOTS of REOs floating around. I'm an Okie born and bred, but I lived in Texas for about 12 years and LOVED it. Still have a soft spot for it. And if you're not on the Roll Call list, you need to be. :)

Yep, I done done it, he says as he take a big ol' drag of his brand new reomizer 2.0 rba sittin' atop his brand new Reo Grand black wrinkle hammer tone silver :D. Man, I'm lovin' this thing. My tasty vapor peach waffle never tasted so good.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
From what he wrote ^^^I think he means that one hole is turned and it sounds like turning the post so the hole is facing the direction you want is ok.

You're right, I just read the op again & what you said is what I made out of it too. Funny guess it's pretty clear. Guess I had a nic buzz last night reading it from my phone. :laugh:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i mooch thru TX and nobody vapes anything. I had to go to OK for a vapemeet!

If the posts are so far out - such as pointing sideways say, then i have found it is possible to correct this with some sharp nosed pliers - i think this is called a 'redneck' solution here, but once upon a time before political correctness it was what is now known as 'afro-engineering'.

I leave one long and one short tail on my coils, just so as to decide which post to try first.

T

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Picture it this way, if the holes on the post represent eyes, this guy would be looking straight at you with one eye and looking at who knows what with the other eye.:blink: I don't think I can twist the post without causing damage because they seemed pretty tight. Not a big deal, I'm able to get a coil on this bad boy and vape a ton. In fact, I worry about contributing to global warming.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread