Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I've been using Poke for quite a while now. Been completely rebuild once. Lately she's been ...... on me..(from Okie to English) she has been leaking really bad. Battery covered, insides soaked and the switch plate was covered and soaked inside the protective cover. Figured tonight I'd just replace the gasket on the RM2 and be good again.
The farther I got into her the worse it got............... Decided to do another rebuild. Strip:) and when I got her cleaned up, I found a little piece of something in the center of the connector. I should say that I found something inside the drip well.
I got my tools out and tried to remove it. (Thinking it might just be a piece of lint or something.). Well it turned out to be the gasket under the drip well. Long story short. I wound up ripping out the ENTIRE GASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't figure it out. It was melted and showed signs of burning. Yea I've done some sub ohm on her but never under .5 ohms. Button was also a little melted.
My concern is that gasket that was under the drip well. Do I need to send her back to Rob for an overhaul or is this ok.
Anyone else had this problem. Hot spring was good but I replaced it anyway, cause I was there. Replaced the fire button, switch,(which needed it more than I realized). and fired her up. Everything checks out ok, but I'm worried about that gasket.
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
The insulation you removed is suppose to be there . You need to send the mod to me I will replace the whole 510 connection

Please send me a PM so I can get her taken care of redeyedancer. I need to know the details of how to do it. And thank you so much.. I guess poke is out of the game for a while. (this makes me sad).

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately the damage that is done is way deeper than just a simple rebuild. The 510 connector must be replaced.
Only one person I trust to do that. His name is redeyedancer. (Rob) the almighty creator of the fabulous REO.

Wise decision. Let the modmaster work his magic.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Well I'm secure enough with myself to not be ashamed. It's with a tear in my eye as I packed Poke up for her long trip home. Let the Master Creator work his magic on her. So I can get her back.

Only a true Reonaut will understand this. But I still got Hurricane and my precious Lil b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread