Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
OMG you guys, look what my sweetie brought home for me tonight!!!
download (2).jpg

Sooooooo excited about this one... Oak Wine Style Ale aged in High West Rye Barrels (speaking of UT...)

Last edited:

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
So true. We have a silly joke we tell in bars...

<skip this next part if you're not into crassness - apologies if you don't heed that and are offended>

What do American beer and sex in a canoe have in common?

They're both eff'ing near water.

<you read it, didn't you>
My grandfather used to tell me that joke, though it was "light beer" and "making love" :lol:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
View attachment 493368

Sooooooo excited about this one... Oak stout ale aged in High West Rye Barrels (speaking of UT...)

Nice pic!

Damn super dry burn hit! Thanks to coors light and my cheery woodvil! Haha.. forgot to squank her.. damn. Most extreme dry hit ever!!

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
View attachment 493368

Sooooooo excited about this one... Oak stout ale aged in High West Rye Barrels (speaking of UT...)
Sweeeeeeeet! That's a 12% barleywine, according to beeradvocate

Reactions: Henry Etta

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
South central UT- Boulder, to be exact. Most remote town in the lower 48. About 3-4 hours east of St George.
I drank a bit of Modelo when I lived in the SW, I should revisit, I remember liking it quite a bit.

Know the area well, it's about in the center of the portion of UT both sides of my family settled in the mid 1800's (about from I-70 south and Hwy 89 East to the 4 Corners area, WC/SW CO, most of Northern AZ). 1966 was the last time I hunted deer with my extended family at BiG Camp, and it was up on Boulder Mtn that year. Fish Lake is where I was born/raised, but the family had ranches and farms in most of that part of UT, SW CO and down to Central AZ, and owned some of the businesses in towns.

Reactions: Henry Etta

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
View attachment 493368

Now that's a Friday night with class. I mean, c'mon... there's a cat involved and everything.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Know the area well, it's about in the center of the portion of UT both sides of my family settled in the mid 1800's (about from I-70 south and Hwy 89 East to the 4 Corners area, WC/SW CO, most of Northern AZ). 1966 was the last time I hunted deer with my extended family at BiG Camp, and it was up on Boulder Mtn that year. Fish Lake is where I was born/raised, but the family had ranches and farms in most of that part of UT, SW CO and down to Central AZ, and owned some of the businesses in towns.
What??!! Really? That's crazy! You can't imagine (well, obviously you can) how I have to explain it's Boulder UTAH, not CO, and exactly where it is, and what the landscape is like (nothing else in the world). I loooove that place more than anywhere else I've ever been. And Boulder Mtn!
I just can't help being so enthusiastic-- never 'met' anyone outside of Boulder who's even heard of Boulder.

Reactions: Spydro

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Now that's a Friday night with class. I mean, c'mon... there's a cat involved and everything.
I'm nothing if not classy, thats fo sho.
:facepalm:
But I don't think I'll crack it open tonight. It's really hard to wait, but I think I may try to hold out for a chillier evening.

or not. We'll see, I guess...

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Sweeeeeeeet! That's a 12% barleywine, according to beeradvocate
That's what the internet says... the bottle says "Oat Wine Style Ale" I don't know what that means. I guess I was wrong about the "stout". But I bet I'm not wrong that it's going to taste effing awesome! :thumbs:

Reactions: jifjifjif
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread