Replacement Tank Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Ok so this is more of a rant than anything else. But there is probably gonna be a couple questions in here too.

So I ordered a bunch of replacement carts for my tanks. First 6 1.5 DC. 5 were in a box easily marked 1.5ohm DC and 1 loose. The one loose one had no markings on it at all, the 5 in the box also had no markings at all, on the packaging or the cart its self, just on the box. The site says the 1.5 DC should have a red dot. No red dot anywhere. Now I since have used it and on my VV device that checks resistance it shows at 1.5. So no problem, but a marking of some kind would be nice. Then I ordered a couple 2.0ohm DC. These had little stickers on the packaging saying 2.0ohm DC. Awesome! Easy to figure out which those are. Then I ordered 3 3ohm single coil and 2 more 2ohm DC. The site says the 3ohm single should have a green dot. Nope! No markings at all, and the 2ohm DC which on the last order had little stickers on the packaging had nothing on them. Now this is a big issue because they were on the same order. So there was just 5 carts in the package and I have no clue which is which. Sure I could open the packaging and throw them on my VV device to find out which is which, but I'd rather keep them sealed up until I use them. Also if i wanted a 2ohm DC then i would end up opening all the 3ohm singles first, that's just my luck. Now I keep my 1.5ohm DC's in the box marked for them. But if I didn't then those would also be mixed in with the others making a even more confusing mess. So yeah you can see my frustration with this. Seems as though the only way I can order different ohm carts on the same order is to order 5 and hope I get a box or each, and then hope what is marked on the box is what is in the box. Now my most recent order, which should be here early this week, has 2 2ohm singles in it. So obviously those will be put aside so they wont be mixed up with the rest. But really I wish I could keep them all together.

Thank you for reading and please V4L figure out a way to mark them better so this isn't a constant issue. People say there is a color difference on the wire in the cart between DC and SC or something like that. I haven't noticed anything like this with any of my carts. Anyone have any other options?

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Huh. I searched for a thread hoping to find some ideas. Gonna have to look again. Unless someone could be nice enough to link it in here. On phone. Probably won't be on my computer till Monday or so. But ordering 5 at a time seems like the best idea. Nothing against V4L but I looked elsewhere for tank carts and every thing only has 1 hole. And I haven't had good luck punching or slotting carts. Plus I'm lazy. Lol. I wanna take it out fill it and go.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Totally agree DirtayJ. I've never found any dots on my tank cartos, ever. I guess I've been lucky to buy in multiples of 5 and they've always come in the boxes. As soon as I unpack them I take the 1.5 ohms out of the wrappers but leave the 2.0 ohms in the wrappers. I rarely use those anyway. It would be good if they could be clearly identified though.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I recommend using your VV or a meter to be sure. Even when they appear properly labeled, it is possible for a label to come off one and stick to another.. best bet as noted is to buy in multiples of 5 so they are sent in the 5 pack they are packed in.

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
the only problem with using my VV for checking them is when I have 2ohm single and 2ohm DC. as i said the 2ohm DC's i have now are marked, but i worry my next batch might now.....that's where packs of 5 will come in handy. I was checking out the thread SAG linked. And there were some great ideas in there. Also the idea of having a 5pack discount would be really nice. I noticed other vendors do it this way. And I have seen 15 pack discounts too. But of course would like to stay with V4L for them. For having 2 holes pre-punched and its just convenient. Even though I have and will get stuff from other vendors, it is really nice to only have to get from 1 or 2. Plus I am partial to V4L. I attribute V4L to getting me off cigs in the first place! As i stated in another thread I just don't like the V4L "mods". Even though I did order a OMG VV, and am very excited for it to show up. Its just the track record of devices is sketchy at best!

Please V4L do something to correct this.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Was waiting to see how long this would go, but... Oh well....

Dirtay J sir there are a few ways to tell them apart. Depends on what option you want to choose. The single coil 2.0 ohm range from 1.8-2.2, so if you have one at 1.9 or 2.1 you know it's a single coil. Know that still leaves three other ohm ratings that they share, so it's no help if it's an even number. This still leaves two options though, but requires you fill the carto first. One is taste, the single coil will provide less aspects of a juice, but the dominant flavor of it will shine. The dual every part of a flavor will come through. The problem here is you need to know your juice well, if it's something you've never used before you may not know what to taste for so to speak. The last requires the most work, but is the most accurate. Test the pv on load with the carto, if it's pulling the amount of amps according to ohms law as it should, it's a single. If you're pulling say 3.1a with a 2.0 ohm rating at 5.2v, that's a dual. Dual coils pull more amperage than their ohms dictate....

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Sorry for the delay Blue sir, was performing an experiment, results as expected.

To test amperage on load is just like checking voltage on load, only you change the setting of the multimeter to amperage. This is another reason not a fan of the in line multimeters that certain ecig vendors sell, can't check amps with them.... Won't go into that until later though. :)

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
yeah i know i seen a inline unit made at a DIY site that had outputs for a multimeter, I just cant for the life of me find it. Even went so far as to check the history on my computer and nothing. But it was a while ago when i was starting to look into VV Devices. Also yeah PWM will mess with the inline voltage meters. Learned that from PBusardos vids. He has a scope i believe that gives out the correct voltage and tracks the PWM. IDK how PWM will effect trying to get a amp reading. I know a bit about electronics but this is far beyond me. and as many say, a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread