What is the difference between an ego twist and mod battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
An Ego Twist is a variable voltage(VV) battery that you can adjust the voltage between 3.2volts and 4.8 volts.
A Vamo V5 is a regulated personal vaporizer, it's not a battery itself. You have to buy seperate rechargeable batteries to put in it. The Vamo V5 is VV, from 3 to 6 volts or variable wattage(VW) from 3 to 15watts. Of course it has other features, as shown in this description. VAMO V5 - Chrome The Vamo definitely has more options to fine tune your vape if you need them, no matter what device you put on top of it.

Yes, they should perform similarly at the same voltage. It's a matter of if you'll be satisfied with the lower outputs of the Ego compared with the Vamo.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Thanks for answering!
So if I understand the vamo has more options and longer battery life but they both produce the same quality/quantity of vapor when set at the same voltage ?

In theory... yes... in practice, the answer is not so easy, some devices with get the coil heated up quicker, especially with lower ohm builds.

The big thing... that ego is going is most likely NOT going to last you all day where as a vamo has a chance to.

Last edited:

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
Thanks for answering!
So if I understand the vamo has more options and longer battery life but they both produce the same quality/quantity of vapor when set at the same voltage ?

If you put a tank on one and then on the other both set on same Voltage it will taste pretty much the same but battery life will be be greater on the vamo
Understand that the ego IS the battery, the VAMO NEEDS a battery

Other things to consider.
Vamo can displays ohms--helpful if you start rebuilding/building coils.
Voltage range I believe is higher on the Vamo (which goes to 6 vs the ego which if i recall tops out at 4.8)
You will need to buy a charger specifically to recharge the replaceable batteries (18650) like a Nitecore Intellicharger
You will have more options for tanks sizes--some of the bigger tanks look like a big lollipop on an ego

Last edited:

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
In theory... yes... in practice, the answer is not so easy, some devices with get the coil heated up quicker, especially with lower ohm builds.

The big thing... that ego is going is most likely NOT going to last you all day where as a vamo has a chance to.

Hope I'm not out of line but I edited your statement.

novice123

Oct 12, 2014
Thanks so much for helping !!
I have an Ego twist 650 mAh battery and an Evod BCC and I want to upgrade to the Nautilus BVC (maybe the mini) so I guess I will buy that first and see how long the battery lasts before buying a Vamo v5 with battery and charger.
If you guys know a battery that would work well/look good with a Nautilus mini BVC that is cheaper than a Vamo kit please tell me ;) thanks !

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
If you guys know a battery that would work well/look good with a Nautilus mini BVC that is cheaper than a Vamo kit please tell me ;) thanks !

I would recommned you get a MVP ver2 or maybe an iLeaf iStick (the iStick is very new to the market, id consider waiting a month to read up more reviews and user feedback). These are both cheaper than a Vamo, and have built in batteries.

The one thing I have against the Vamo... is that the charger for it is really poor quailty and very slow to charge. To really get the most out of the Vamo.. in addition to what comes in the kit, you are going to want to buy a much better charger and batteries soon.

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
I would recommned you get a MVP ver2 or maybe an iLeaf iStick (the iStick is very new to the market, id consider waiting a month to read up more reviews and user feedback). These are both cheaper than a Vamo, and have built in batteries.

The one thing I have against the Vamo... is that the charger for it is really poor quailty and very slow to charge. To really get the most out of the Vamo.. in addition to what comes in the kit, you are going to want to buy a much better charger and batteries soon.

This^^^^^^

I have both MVP2 & recently bought 2 Isticks
MVP is time tested and bullet proof (2600 mah)

Istick is brand new, cheap and has better specs (2200mah) , about the size of a BIC lighter or 2 ego batteries stacked together but too new to know how will hold up

20141006_145701.jpg

Attachments

• 20141009_125758.jpg
    20141009_125758.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi , i would like to know what the difference is between an Ego twist type battery (650 mAh) and a mod type battery like the Vamo v5 ?
What would the difference be on an Aspire Nautilus for example?
I would like to know if it affects the quality of vapor produced or if it only affects the battery longevity?
Thanks a lot !

An eGo type battery has a battery inside soldered to a chip that does the regulation. After some 300 recharges or so, your battery dies and its time to toss it.

A vamo svd elvt provari tesla sid etc are replaceable battery mods; they take 18mm diameter standard lithium type batteries; when those batteries die after some 300 recharges, you toss the battery but not the whole mod.

Typical ego type battery is in the 1000 mAh capacity range.
Typical 18650 battery is 2000 mAh capacity range. The 18650 mod would keep you vaping longer before you need to recharge the battery.

The 18650 mod typically has a larger output power because of the bigger size battery than the typical eGo type battery.
1 exception (and there are a few) would be the mvp2, which is essential a big rectangular shaped 2600 mAh eGo type battery with a screen which plugs in to usb to charge.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Yes, I didn't know about the rectangular shaped batteries before you guys enlightened me, the istick seems nice (small and not very expensive).
I think i will make my mind tomorrow thanks again for the advice ! ;)

Let us know what you decide, and would be cool if you let us know once you get it, how it works for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread