Returning vaper wondering about recent tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I vaped for a while last fall and spent quite a bit of time learning what e-cig suited me best. I used a Joye 510 for about a year before purchasing an eGo. I have two eGos now and I love them. I got back into analogs for several months, but now I'm buying juices and quitting analogs again.

I'm wondering if during my relapse any big must-haves appeared on the market. For instance, I stopped looking at the forum for a couple of months last year and when I returned everyone was talking about the eGo. Or for instance last year the PTB was the talk of the town-- I eventually decided on direct dripping, but is there a new method of juice delivery that the community has agreed upon as the most effective? Am I set with my two eGos or do they pale in comparison to a newer device?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, everybody.

WD33

Hi Walkindown;

Your eGo is fine - just about all new products coming out and in development are geared to fit on the 510 connection so you're good there. Besides, can always buy an adaptor if you do come across something that won't fit onto an eGo battery.

The eGo tank (sometimes called tornado tank) systems are really good. The flavor isn't spectacular but you can taste something. These tank systems are also available in low resistence which brings out more flavor. I've not tried the tanks in low resistence personally, but those who did have been very positive on them.

Cartomizers are also popular. I've found Boge low resistence cartomizers really effective, they've been the most flavorful vape from an eGo battery that I've come across. I've not tried everything, but the tanks and cartos are working for me and I'm very satisfied.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering about cartomizers-- I experimented with them a little bit, but I found them a pain to refill and sometimes funky tasting. I was given them by a friend, though, so I do not know who made them/what resistance, etc.

Which cartomizers would you recommend? I see a lot about low resistance cartomizers and mega cartomizers and I'm not sure what is unique about them.

My primary concern is juice conservation. I'm on a tight budget and dripping to me always feels like I'm just throwing my juice away.

Who-dat

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Austin
Go-Gos and iGos are catching on. They are eGo like, with big batteries and huge cartos. The iGo is an 808d type, with a ~3ml carto and 1100mah batt. The Go-Go comes with a ~3ml carto, with proprietary threading, and a 1300mah batt. Both will last average vapors all day, without recharging cartos or batts.

I can't vouch for the iGo, but the Go-Go hits like a freight train.... at least it does for me.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Search for the eGo-T or COV has map tanks.....Tanks seem to be where this is going for now...Just pop the top and drip in the ejuice. No filler or anything, and I get great taste and good vaper. There are also the clearomizers, which are a type of tank(not filler) and seems to be a cross between a cartomizer and tank, but needs a needle and syringe to fill. There is also a 510-Tank, which isn't bad, but doesn't hold as much juice as the ego-t.
Do some searches and read about em.
:)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
On an Ego battery for getting into cartos I'd recommend Boge 2.0ohm version. 3.0 will work also but it's weak at that voltage. They're dependable, good flavor and don't require alot of fiddling.

There are MANY other options like the CE2 which I currently use and like but in many cases they do require some fiddling or modding to get them preforming optimally. I'd recommend Boge to start and go from there.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey welcome back, walkindown! We're getting more and more returnees...

Since you already have the eGo batts - it wouldn't cost much to put you in the "latest". Don't know if you knew about the mega eGo attys and carts with higher capacities, but the tank system parallels that but with filler-less tanks instead. No filler - no cart mods, ptb, straw mods, etc. The first released were the 'A types' (cone attys) and the later B types (cylinder style) seem to be better and more capacity. My favorite set up right now. You need the tank atty:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egt-abt-all.htm

And the tanks:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egt-tbk-all.htm

If you go that way make sure they're both B types....

Some info:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...go-t-im-not-getting-any-vapor-what-gives.html
YouTube - eGo-t wick adjustment
YouTube - How I clean my eGo-t atty... or... Sunday morning at Vicky's kitchen sink

Again, don't let the vids scare you - many don't have the problems those are a fix for but it's good info to know if you're considering....

All that said, there are many other ways to go with the eGo base - cartos, LR attys (low ohms= more wattage/vapor)... there's even a newer tank for the 510 which works really well for when you want that 'cig style' thing going:
https://www.cignot.com/category_s/68.htm

Happy Vaping! :smokie:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Cost will probably be about the same, hard to figure and can vary either way. On average atomizers last much longer than cartomizers but they cost more so it evens out.

Direct dripping is great but not really feasible for us to do all the time. If you're not doing anything else and can drip every few draws that's great.

Cartomizers hold much more liquid than carts and will allow you to get much more vaping time in before they need to be topped off or refilled.

I do both, when I'm at my computer desk or not busy doing something else I drip. When I'm on the go and/or not able to drip I use cartos.

Last edited:
Boge is the manufacturer of the low resistence cartomizers I've tried (they run at 2.0 oHms). The funny taste you mention might be from the individual manufacturer if they put something on the atomizer to keep it wet after manufacture. I've never had a funny tasting carto out of the box that was made by Boge. Your mileage may vary but this has been my experience anyway. They aren't too hard to refill - there's a condom method of refilling. Put about 12-15 drops into one of the silicone caps the carto comes with, and just slowly put the filled cap on the connector end of the carto. The carto will wick the liquid up. It's not very messy at all (I just use one cap for all my refills so as to not have caps with juice remnants in them all over the place), but you do need to take care to avoid spills.

Not sure how cartomizers compare to dripping in terms of volume of liquid used (only been vaping a couple of months and just settling into what's working for me), but cartos do use more liquid compared to using regular foam filled cartridges.

You can almost always find a website somewhere selling liquid at a discount price at any given moment. Seen vendors clearance 30ml bottles of flavored juice for $7 fairly regularly.

The low resistence devices do use more liquid, but the flavor is so much better I think it's well worth it.

Hope this helps a little. Best of luck!

I just got some new juices in the mail from Gourmet Vapor and I am happy to say they are much better than the last batch I received from them.

I'm tempted to buy some Boge 2.0 ohm cartos from Liberty Flights because I think my atomizers are not working too well anymore. I have a slightly used carto that I filled this morning, though, and the throat hit has been diminished and I've already gotten a mouthful of juice (which I hate more than anything). Can someone link me to a guide of how to refill a carto in a mess-free, hassle-free way? Also, I've seen those clearomizers and they seem pretty cool-- do people like those?

misterhyde

ECF Veteran
I must admit, I prefer cartomizers over cartridges too. The only thing is remembering they last a lot longer than carts. I use the prefilled ones and my ritual for carts is to throw it at the beginning of each morning and pop a new one on (one cartridge easily lasts a day). But because cartomizers hold so much more juice, I have to remember to keep using it until it's dead. And to keep cartos with me in case it suddenly dies when I am out and about!!!

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
I use BOGE cartos and clearos I really like the clearomizers, but be careful with them they are fragile! (ie dont drop your PV) I have a tank atty and tanks on the way and once I have tried them I will be doing a video review of eGo and tank system(SR)/Cartos(SR&LR)/attys(SR&LR) etc

Keep you all posted about the video review/juice flavor video blog

~Kitty

xerais

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
Dayton, OH
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ws/177866-smoktech-dual-coil-cartomizers.html

your back just in time to try the coolest cartos in the world. No more burning taste, any voltage you want from 3.7-7, 1.5ml capacity at least. Fantastic product design that is being stocked by everyone now.

I'll have to second this. They are absolutely amazing... Great flavor, vapor, and capacity. Filling doesn't get any easier, just pop the top and drip the liquid in until it's full. The only thing that gives me better flavor are ikenvape hv attys I drip with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread