Revenger X issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Is the fire button loose or does it rattle? It could be a connection issue inside the mod, which I personally wouldn't try to fix myself. Have you tried cleaning off the battery contacts? It's possible that either juice or something else got on them and is causing intermittent problems?

Sorry, I don't own the mod, that was what I could think of, off the top of my head. If it continues or you don't find someone who has a solution for you, I'd consider warrantying the mod, if it's still under warranty.

With that said, it's certainly possible that the connection is intermittent if the battery contacts need cleaning. If it was this way from the very beginning and you've tried other batteries though, I'd be thinking that it most probably would be something loose electrically inside the mod.

Best of luck,

Anna

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
hey Anna, yeah, every thing is clean. and it just started doing this 3 weeks after i got it. i can't leave the house with this mod though. i can't be playing with batteries while i'm driving for instance.

it's a shame, because i loved it so much.
i havn't had any juice leaks or anything.
i think i have just plum bad luck.

i've got two dual battery mods that i can't stand!
Reliability and looks are pretty important with mods i think!
my cheap little $30 swag, it's been knocked, dropped, juice spilled on, and once i even thought it was broke so i banged it on the counter (oh boy, i was pressing the wrong button) oops.
and it is going strong.

that expensive q class, everytime the screen is lit up it goes eeeeeee till it times out. drives me batty. my understanding is it doesn't do it in TC mode. (i'm working up to tc)

the problem is, i'm moving up in wattage, starting to toy with 75 watts, and i really feel like anything over 50 watts, a dual battery is where it's at.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
30Qs are 15 amp batteries. You may be pushing them too hard and the mode is stopping you.

Get some higher AMP batteries with lower MAH...

hmmm, that's a thought.
these dang companies are putting stickers over the batteries now, like the ones in the video.. why do they do that?

anyway, i have upped my wattage so i'm going to experiment with that. thanks

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
ok the batteries underneath the sticker say VTC6, are they good?

Also a 15 AMP battery. No 3000 mah battery is going to be over 20 AMP. most are 15-18 amp

You need to get ones with lower mah like VTC5A to get over 20 AMP... The trade off is the lower MAH 2100

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Here's mooch's battery chart with his ratings on them.
6389cf37-f0a8-48b1-8a4d-60064974dd14-jpeg.709757

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use the Samsungs and I get great life out of them but I'm at 12 watts. Beamslider is correct, you MAY need to use something higher rated IF you are using the mod differently than you WERE, you may need a different set. Until it started malfunctioning, were you using lower wattage/different build? If the answer is yes, that COULD be the culprit. It's worth a try if you can do so quickly enough to maintain your warranty, just in case it's an electrical issue with the mod. Could also try going to lower wattage and higher resistance with the batteries you HAVE now and see if that fixes the problem. If so, it's likely the batteries, not the mod.

I would probably try that first, in case it's an electrical problem that has shown up 3 weeks in and you need a replacement mod (especially if you love the mod).

Anna

Reactions: puffon

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    He must have re-rated it, it's always been rated 20amp.
    @Mooch is the Samsung 30Q now rated at only 15amp?

Yes.
    I won’t be rating above the manufacturer’s rating anymore. It caused too much confusion. The cell hasn’t changed. Retesting soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread