Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
i might be screwed on that, because my reciept says vaporesso mini. they sent me the wrong product and since i opened it before i noticed, they told me to keep it.
the warranty card wants the receipt :(

If they told you to keep it via email, and you still have that email as proof, that plus the actual receipt should suffice. Although I am not sure if they will replace it with a mini or a X.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Where did you buy the batteries you have? Are you sure they are authentic? Build a coil to .5 or higher say .7 and run at lower watts, say 30. If it doesn't have the problem, then the batteries are to blame, if it does the mod has an issue.

If it is a mod issue and you can't return, try flashing a new firmware or reflash the old one, it may clear up the issue.

Pay attention next time you use it, see if there is a certain amount of puffs you get before it fails to fire or if it happens in a certain time frame. That could again lead to batteries and/or heat and the mod is using a safety shut off. Also pay attention to the screen when it doesn't fire, don't let off the button, keep holding it and see what the screen says, it may tell you the issue.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Where did you buy the batteries you have? Are you sure they are authentic? Build a coil to .5 or higher say .7 and run at lower watts, say 30. If it doesn't have the problem, then the batteries are to blame, if it does the mod has an issue.

If it is a mod issue and you can't return, try flashing a new firmware or reflash the old one, it may clear up the issue.

Pay attention next time you use it, see if there is a certain amount of puffs you get before it fails to fire or if it happens in a certain time frame. That could again lead to batteries and/or heat and the mod is using a safety shut off. Also pay attention to the screen when it doesn't fire, don't let off the button, keep holding it and see what the screen says, it may tell you the issue.

The screen just freezes. it doesn't do anything. it freezes for about a minute and then goes black.
if i take the batteries out and put them back in, it works again.
there doesn't seem to be a pattern. but i will pay closer attn. it hasn't happened again since this morning.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
thanks, i contacted them and i have to do a video and take pics of the mod and the box and the receipt. i think i can work around this. wish me luck.

Worst case, ask them about a way to reflash, freezing screen sounds like the chip is corrupt possibly.

Reactions: stols001

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
i just wanted to update what i think the problem is in case some one else comes across this same issue... it's not the mod..

i know because the same thing started happening to my sxmini Q class. when the batteries were getting low, it would just shut down. black screen. nothing happening.

so it's definitely the amps of the battery.

i had gone from .5's to .25 ohm coils.

when i lowered the wattage below 48watts no more problems..
so i need higher amp batteries if i'm going to vape .25's over 45 ish watts.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
i just wanted to update what i think the problem is in case some one else comes across this same issue... it's not the mod..

i know because the same thing started happening to my sxmini Q class. when the batteries were getting low, it would just shut down. black screen. nothing happening.

Hello! I was just wondering if having higher amp batteries helped the situation as well as ask you a question about the Q mini.

I just purchased one and want to update the firmware but I’m having a difficult time figuring it out.

If you did an update successfully could you tell me how you did it lol! I’ve got the driver downloaded and the Q mini connected. The problem is when it instructs to Open File. None of the files have anything in them to open lmao!

I’m sure I’m overlooking something obvious but I’m stumped.

Thanks sara

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Unlike with a mechanical mod, coil resistance is irrelevant in a regulated mod. What matters is what wattage you set for your regulated mod. The below chart shows what batteries to use at the wattage you generally vape at:

WATTAGE PER SINGLE BATTERY:

20W-45W:

Samsung 18650 30Q, 3000 mah 15 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC6 3000mAh 15 amp CDR
20W-60W:

LG 18650HG2 3000mah 20 amp CDR
LG 18650HE2 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Samsung 18650-25R, 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC5, 2600 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC4, 2100 mah 23 amp CDR
AW 18650 3000 mah 20 amp CDR
30W - 75W:

LG 18650 HD4 2100 mah 25 amp CDR
LG 18650 HD2 2000 mah 25 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC5A, 2500 mah 25 amp CDR
60W - 90W:

LG18650HB6 1500mah 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB2 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB4 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
Since the two batteries you use are only 15A, you are reaching the amp cutoff for the circuit board sooner than if you were using a higher amp battery.

• Informative

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
With my revenger I can go to 200 watts, fry my cotton, get a hit that's like kissing the devil and be real bummed. With sony vtc6's. I don't think it's the batteries aren't strong enough assuming the batteries aren't bad. If that was the case all you would see in message boards is "my mod won't go above x watts".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread