Reviews of 901/401/ Cash ejuice/Johnson Creek VG/Allergic Reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a few weeks now. Got first E-cig 3 weeks ago (and my second this week). Just wanted to say how much help it has been having the experiences of others shared on this board. I paid the $20 to support the forum and the info I got has been invaluable.

That being said.. now that I have some experiences of my own... I figure I will share for the e-smokers/vapers who are even newer than me :)

First my experience with....

E cigs-

First was the DSE901 from Steve at PureSmoker.com.
Pros- Great hit, tons of vapor (of that is a pro for you... not so much for me), works great, low maintenance, full cartridge lasts a while, great for newbies.
Cons- Mouthpiece is shaped flat and not round and does not give the cigarette feel, plus it is hard to dangle out of the mouth when you need both hands cause it is heavy so I end up using my teeth to hold it and it makes them hurt.

Then I got the new Pilot 401 from PureSmoker.com. Was a little hesitant. Steve said it was really for more advanced e-cig users, but I had not problem with it.
Pros- smaller than 901, narrower, more "cigarette sized", lighter to hold, easier to dangle from mouth, round mouthpiece on cartridge feels more like a cigarette, cartridge is small but seems to last quite some time when it is full, the platinum model with black cartridge and gold band atomizer is SO sexy... it could potentially make me start e-smoking even if I wasn't a former smoker!.
Cons- Has a bit of an "airated" pull to it. The platinum one has 4 holes in the atomizer (as opposed to 2 in the solid black one), but if you put 2 fingers over 2 holes as u drag it makes it 2 holes. I take very short puffs tho and the atomizer does not get hot.. only warm. I don't recommend doing that if you take long puffs. Steve has no empty cores for the 401 yet (cartridges with no juice in them.. just dry cotton/wool/whatever) so I got some dry cigar cartdridges from Johnson Creek and pulled the wool out. I unfolded and cut each one into 4 pieces and it works great in the cart for the 401 (cartridge has a small cup deep in the mouthpiece with a stick that seperates it from the place where your mouth is and u can pull it out with narrow tweezers and clean it with a qtip before replacing the wool so you get a clean taste if you are switching flavors).

Juice Review

So far I have tried a bunch (more than most newbies because my boyfriend is a newbie too and we like diff flavors!).

Started with Cash e-juice off Steve's site at PureSmoker.com. GREAT flavor! (all listed below are Cash e-juice unless stated otherwise)

True Menthol in 24 mg was fantastic. Icy and minty. Spearmint and peppermintish combined. Very refreshing!

Then I got Banana- SO flavorful and banana tasting! I was truly spoiled that this is the first flavor I tried after menthol.. because nothing has been quite as good since! Sweet and banana-y :) I got this as something "other than" menthol cause I thought I would be sick of banana flavor quick since I really need to be in a banana mood but ended up using it for days at a time!

Riskee Juice- Wow... sweet, smoky (not in a "smoked" kinda way... just in a texture kinda way) with a tiny sweet tint on top of the caramel which could be seen as vanilla. Definitely love this one.

Coconut- my boyfriend said it was not as strong as the others and he did not care for the flavor. I did not try it.

Marlboro- Not bad... but I was a menthol smoker so I didn't care much for it.

Cash Cola- Not much flavor to me. Many say they really like it. It has sort of a cola aftertaste (like the taste you get after you swallow cola) when you inhale it... but not very strong. Bland, but smooth.

Cherry- Very sweet and cherry... but had an awful allergic reaction.

Johnson Creek Wild Cherry (NON-PG (VG))- As Dustin said.. tasted like cherry cough syrup more than candy. Was sweet, but medeciny. Not good. May ask if we can exchange it with them for another flavor.

Johnson Creek Arctic Mint (NON-PG (VG))- Was good the first few puffs, but now I taste NO flavor. Not even a hint of mint.

Johnson Creek Chocolate/Mint Madness (I think that is what it is called)(NON-PG (VG))- Is a bit chocolatey (not to an extreme)... but sometimes depending what you are drinking... it tastes a bit like coffee instead of chocolate.. which would not be so bad except I hate coffee.

Allergies- Not sure the allergic reaction was from the cherry or just the length of time for the PG to build up in my system. I get choked up on the PG vapors from the smoke machines they use at clubs so I had a feeling I may be allergic.

To others who had allergic reaction.. how long after starting e-cigs did u get it? What happened to you? What flavor were you using? Maybe this should be a seperate thread. Will start one another day.

My reaction was...
Hives on upper body (mostly arms and waist)
Sensitive teeth (to an EXTREME). Could not open my motuh outside!
Sore gums and roof of mouth (so bad I had an icepack on my face cause I couldn't put anything cold in my mouth cause my teeth were so sensitive!!!)
Mild difficulty breathing
Sporadic neck and back pains coming in sharp waves with movement.

For those who are giving up analogs (I did.. but had a few setbacks described below), whatever curbs your appetite in a cigarette, it is NOT the nicotine! So do not expect to use it as a weight suppressant! The habit of puffing keeps food out of your moth for the most part, but you will certainly be a bit more hungry than you were smoking analogs.

Now... I am in a business where I must smoke regular/analog cigarettes sometimes while I work. I tried puffing without inhaling, but it is hard to make the exhale look right if you don't inhale.... then the puff just goes in your face and you choke on it. Plus cigarettes taste so disgusting to me now, it really is awful to have to smoke them after the e-cig. I have had 4 while working and 2 by choice (while waiting for e-cig battery to charge) since I quit 3 weeks ago. My intention is to abstain from analogs completely except while working and being paid a lot :)
I must say.. I found giving up analogs quite easy to do. I really dislike cigarettes now. (this is the 4th time I tried to quite "smoking"). I have never been able to quit because I truly LOVE smoking! vaping is better tho!

So that is most of my experience so far... will continue to share and be an active member. Thanks again for all the info and reviews!

(Dustin Rocks!)

PS.. anyone know if anyone besides Johnson Creek makes VG e-juice?

BadAxe

Jan 26, 2009
Bristol PA
Now... I am in a business where I must smoke regular/analog cigarettes sometimes while I work. I tried puffing without inhaling, but it is hard to make the exhale look right if you don't inhale.... then the puff just goes in your face and you choke on it. Plus cigarettes taste so disgusting to me now, it really is awful to have to smoke them after the e-cig.

Thanx for the review. Valueable info.

May I ask what you do that you "must" smoke analogs while at work sometimes? I have never heard that before. :)

Thanx for the review. Valueable info.

May I ask what you do that you "must" smoke analogs while at work sometimes? I have never heard that before. :)

I am a Pro-Dominatrix and I do Domination and fetish videos. People have fetishes for smoking and I am about to make an "e-smoking" video to see if it sells the same... but since people also like to see "ashing in the person's mouth" (We call it Human Ashtray) and "Burning the person" or "threatening to" ... I sometimes NEED to use a real cigarette or it would cost me work. Just hard to look sexy when I am making gross faces because the analogs taste so nasty lol!!! Also sucked to be out of work for healing time from the allergic reaction :(

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
spickey is not a call girl a pro-Dom can not be considered a ho by any means.
they are cleaner (hygienically) and don't walk the streets for their clients. most earn a quite respectable living from working the underground club scene or even private client referrals those that are Ho's are not pro-Dom's they are simply trash. a pro-Dom is a classy sub sect of professional worker but in no way does that make them Ho's or any name besides mistress,master yes there are men pro-doms or other names told to you to call them.

leftezi

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2008
Greece
e-kapnisma.gr
@ lordmage : I hope that your post is not refer to my.
In this case i am misunderstood,
The time that i wrote my message, as much i remember, there was not this avatar in Spikey's profil and i did not even knew that she is a girl.
And, maybe i have to explain : "ho ho ho" is just a laugh like "ha ha ha".

@ Spikey : Sorry, I found the answer unique because is a rare job what you are doing and i newer would imagine such a reason to smoke analogs. To be honest i thought you maybe was joking. I did not had followed back your older posts to know you. As i saw your video review yesterday, i realize that you are a girl and you was seriously talking.
I hope you understand me. English is not my native language and i can not make that more clear.

The video review (comparison 401 and 901) was excellent. The best so far!

Peace.
:)

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a few weeks now. Got first E-cig 3 weeks ago (and my second this week). Just wanted to say how much help it has been having the experiences of others shared on this board. I paid the $20 to support the forum and the info I got has been invaluable.

That being said.. now that I have some experiences of my own... I figure I will share for the e-smokers/vapers who are even newer than me :)

First my experience with....

E cigs-

First was the DSE901 from Steve at PureSmoker.com.
Pros- Great hit, tons of vapor (of that is a pro for you... not so much for me), works great, low maintenance, full cartridge lasts a while, great for newbies.
Cons- Mouthpiece is shaped flat and not round and does not give the cigarette feel, plus it is hard to dangle out of the mouth when you need both hands cause it is heavy so I end up using my teeth to hold it and it makes them hurt.

Then I got the new Pilot 401 from PureSmoker.com. Was a little hesitant. Steve said it was really for more advanced e-cig users, but I had not problem with it.
Pros- smaller than 901, narrower, more "cigarette sized", lighter to hold, easier to dangle from mouth, round mouthpiece on cartridge feels more like a cigarette, cartridge is small but seems to last quite some time when it is full, the platinum model with black cartridge and gold band atomizer is SO sexy... it could potentially make me start e-smoking even if I wasn't a former smoker!.
Cons- Has a bit of an "airated" pull to it. The platinum one has 4 holes in the atomizer (as opposed to 2 in the solid black one), but if you put 2 fingers over 2 holes as u drag it makes it 2 holes. I take very short puffs tho and the atomizer does not get hot.. only warm. I don't recommend doing that if you take long puffs. Steve has no empty cores for the 401 yet (cartridges with no juice in them.. just dry cotton/wool/whatever) so I got some dry cigar cartdridges from Johnson Creek and pulled the wool out. I unfolded and cut each one into 4 pieces and it works great in the cart for the 401 (cartridge has a small cup deep in the mouthpiece with a stick that seperates it from the place where your mouth is and u can pull it out with narrow tweezers and clean it with a qtip before replacing the wool so you get a clean taste if you are switching flavors).

Juice Review

So far I have tried a bunch (more than most newbies because my boyfriend is a newbie too and we like diff flavors!).

Started with Cash e-juice off Steve's site at PureSmoker.com. GREAT flavor! (all listed below are Cash e-juice unless stated otherwise)

True Menthol in 24 mg was fantastic. Icy and minty. Spearmint and peppermintish combined. Very refreshing!

Then I got Banana- SO flavorful and banana tasting! I was truly spoiled that this is the first flavor I tried after menthol.. because nothing has been quite as good since! Sweet and banana-y :) I got this as something "other than" menthol cause I thought I would be sick of banana flavor quick since I really need to be in a banana mood but ended up using it for days at a time!

Riskee Juice- Wow... sweet, smoky (not in a "smoked" kinda way... just in a texture kinda way) with a tiny sweet tint on top of the caramel which could be seen as vanilla. Definitely love this one.

Coconut- my boyfriend said it was not as strong as the others and he did not care for the flavor. I did not try it.

Marlboro- Not bad... but I was a menthol smoker so I didn't care much for it.

Cash Cola- Not much flavor to me. Many say they really like it. It has sort of a cola aftertaste (like the taste you get after you swallow cola) when you inhale it... but not very strong. Bland, but smooth.

Cherry- Very sweet and cherry... but had an awful allergic reaction.

Johnson Creek Wild Cherry (NON-PG (VG))- As Dustin said.. tasted like cherry cough syrup more than candy. Was sweet, but medeciny. Not good. May ask if we can exchange it with them for another flavor.

Johnson Creek Arctic Mint (NON-PG (VG))- Was good the first few puffs, but now I taste NO flavor. Not even a hint of mint.

Johnson Creek Chocolate/Mint Madness (I think that is what it is called)(NON-PG (VG))- Is a bit chocolatey (not to an extreme)... but sometimes depending what you are drinking... it tastes a bit like coffee instead of chocolate.. which would not be so bad except I hate coffee.

Allergies- Not sure the allergic reaction was from the cherry or just the length of time for the PG to build up in my system. I get choked up on the PG vapors from the smoke machines they use at clubs so I had a feeling I may be allergic.

To others who had allergic reaction.. how long after starting e-cigs did u get it? What happened to you? What flavor were you using? Maybe this should be a seperate thread. Will start one another day.

My reaction was...
Hives on upper body (mostly arms and waist)
Sensitive teeth (to an EXTREME). Could not open my motuh outside!
Sore gums and roof of mouth (so bad I had an icepack on my face cause I couldn't put anything cold in my mouth cause my teeth were so sensitive!!!)
Mild difficulty breathing
Sporadic neck and back pains coming in sharp waves with movement.

For those who are giving up analogs (I did.. but had a few setbacks described below), whatever curbs your appetite in a cigarette, it is NOT the nicotine! So do not expect to use it as a weight suppressant! The habit of puffing keeps food out of your moth for the most part, but you will certainly be a bit more hungry than you were smoking analogs.

Now... I am in a business where I must smoke regular/analog cigarettes sometimes while I work. I tried puffing without inhaling, but it is hard to make the exhale look right if you don't inhale.... then the puff just goes in your face and you choke on it. Plus cigarettes taste so disgusting to me now, it really is awful to have to smoke them after the e-cig. I have had 4 while working and 2 by choice (while waiting for e-cig battery to charge) since I quit 3 weeks ago. My intention is to abstain from analogs completely except while working and being paid a lot :)
I must say.. I found giving up analogs quite easy to do. I really dislike cigarettes now. (this is the 4th time I tried to quite "smoking"). I have never been able to quit because I truly LOVE smoking! Vaping is better tho!

So that is most of my experience so far... will continue to share and be an active member. Thanks again for all the info and reviews!

(Dustin Rocks!)

PS.. anyone know if anyone besides Johnson Creek makes VG e-juice?

Did your reaction to PG or cherry clear up once you stopped smoking?Did you need to go to the hospital?
Thanks in advance.:confused:

DiaperGravy

May 15, 2009
Don't know if it is just coincidence, crappy carts that come with a lot of these kits, or if I just can't hack the PG, but..... with my 901's included 5 carts, I used a couple of them along with normal cigs. The second cart was used exclusively while it lasted before any normal cigs. With both, they gave me a good itching/almost choking feel all the way down, not even just at my throat, as well as left me pretty dry feeling. After the second cart (used next day after first one), I went from developing sore throat to feeling like crap to full blown bad cold for a few days. During that time I received the VG version of the johnson creek sampler in the mail. After recovering, I've been vaping that stuff pretty heavily with no negative effects at all. Can't say if it's coincidence or not at this point of course though. I'll have to pop in another one of the original included carts again at some point to see if I get a repeat performance or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread