• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Reviews of Local Juices You Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Updated new entries and update to one already listed

Previous listing - @Zikwid - Vapour's Choice RY4. Had to cut this with Vapor's Choice Vanilla finally and let the mix steep over the week. Still a slight perfume smell and bite to it. Vapeable, but not a constant vape, and found only with a dripping atty, so have a dedicated drip atty to this now -_-. Overall profile is strong and an assault on the taste buds. So when having one of those can't vape anything else as it is tasting off, dulled, or I'm just to bored of everything I got I am vaping this when at home. Giving it a final 6 of 10 presently.

Well now, onto the new reviews

Unless listed, all of these are in 12mg, I'm stepping down my Nic level to get more taste and I feel its time to start stepping down the Nic when I'm feeling the need to chain vape.

.... Out -

Eternal Sunshine - Another high review of this juice, loving the tangerine in it. Just in case this bad boy going dedicated to the Protank. Nice, excellent citrus fruit flavor. Currently dripping and chain vaping =). 9 of 10
Blueberry - Only bought a 10 or 15 mil of this. Loving the sweet blueberry profile, though it is strong, gonna drip this over the course of the week as a treat vape, let the rest steep, see if it settles down a bit. Overall, a nice treat or after dinner vape. 8 of 10
Da Brock (Strawberry) - This I bout a 15mil of in 24mg. Little more tart than Xtreme Vapour's Strawberry I use as my Nic kick flavor. Didn't think I'd find a Strawberry better than Xtreme's, will definitely be buying a 30mil of this in 18mg next visit to equal my step down in Nic intake.

My ADV I bought 60mils of still at 18mg so will see next to buy more when these 2 bottles go to vape heaven if I can pull off 12mg on this all day =)

Magan

Mar 28, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I did mention this on another thread but I wanted to add here that if you enjoy chocolate & coffee flavors then check out Crystal Canyon. They don't have a B&M but they do have a website. We ordered online & received it the next day. Their chocolate & coffee liquids are hands down the best we have tried & unlike anything else. Out of the many, many, many juices we have tried, there are very few that I would want to recommend as strongly as I do these. They are literally knock your socks off amazing & I don't say that lightly.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
*Update to my own list

Hi-Tec Vapor
Peanut Butter - 8/10, this is a nice desert treat flavor, tastes like NutterButters

Earl Grey Tea - 9/10, I really, really, really like normal teas to drink over coffee. This flavor is a little sharp, but just like actually having a spot of Earll Grey *sorry British humor attempt* after dinner this one makes an excellent after dinner vape for the rest of the evening. Kinda mellows me out and helps me relax. Little sharp and sweet, but I have replaced my normal 24mg kick juice to this, as well as a bottle of 12mg for just sitting and vaping all night long.

Magan

Mar 28, 2013
Mesa, AZ
*Update to my own list

Hi-Tec Vapor
Peanut Butter - 8/10, this is a nice desert treat flavor, tastes like NutterButters

Earl Grey Tea - 9/10, I really, really, really like normal teas to drink over coffee. This flavor is a little sharp, but just like actually having a spot of Earll Grey *sorry British humor attempt* after dinner this one makes an excellent after dinner vape for the rest of the evening. Kinda mellows me out and helps me relax. Little sharp and sweet, but I have replaced my normal 24mg kick juice to this, as well as a bottle of 12mg for just sitting and vaping all night long.

I was hoping to find someone who knew of a good tea flavor, especially Earl Grey. As a southerner, I'm a sweet tea addict (no, not cold tea with sugar added afterward...SWEET tea! :p ) & my grandmother was British so I get my love of a good cup of hot Earl Grey through heredity. I've tried a couple of sweet tea vapes & was so disappointed by them that I figured there was no use in looking for Earl Grey. Can you elaborate on how the one you have tastes? Please tell me it doesn't have lemon in it.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Hmm, I would have to say what is giving it that sharp taste is a citrus of some sort, and now that you brought it up I would say it is definitely a lemon or lime, but it is only there after my tank has been sitting without vaping first hit, then after it is just a mild tone in the flavor profile, and does leave a citrus after taste for a while. Not enough that is all you taste, not really tried a true Earl Grey without cream myself in real life but I am getting mostly a sweet tea flavor with a sharp tone on draw and hold in my mouth, then a citrus type tone on exhale in the smell through my nostrils. You may not like it, but before I was using strawberry as my high nic liquid, then Bannana or Tribecca as my evening vape. This knocks out 2 liquids with one for me, but I do like it for its taste profile, and settings I use it in, thus why I mostly use it as my after dinner evening vape, initially at 24mg Mini Vivi then switch to my 12mg Mini Vivi.

afullmargin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Arizona
Ooh, I've got a couple!

JVapes:

Skittles - They say it tastes just like a handful of the candy and while I don't really agree, I like the juice and tossed it into my heavy rotation. It's definitely got the candy and fruity down - though heavier on the candy than the fruit.

Yellow Submarine - I get that a lot of their juices are the sort where you can't really pinpoint everything that's in it and this is definitely one of those. I get citrus (tangerine maybe?), pineapple, guava, mango, pear and maybe a little banana but it really varies depending on which device I have it in and the settings I've got. That said: It's good. It's very good. As in I killed 30ml in two days good. Sweet (but not candy-sweet), fruity and very rich.

Will wait until I finish my others before rambling about them.

Also, anyone else tried deejStuff? I don't believe they have a B&M but they're out of Chino Valley and sell out of Stronghold Smoke and Stuff there. I bought several of their flavors off the website when they were having a sale a couple months back. Vaped the Rose floral right out of the mail and I feel bad saying anything about it when I don't really have anything to compare it to - it's very floral. Like vaping rose water. It wasn't unpleasant, just a major flip from the flavors I'm used to.

byrdman041708

Reviewer / Blogger
Sep 21, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
OK folks here goes my local juice experience:

Hot Rod Vapes: Love Redline, Four Barrel. They are ADV's and my "go to" juices. I also love their Carb Cleaner, Fuzzy Dice and Big Daddy. These are all one of those "hmm that would be good right now juices" for me. Not a big dry tobacco fan so, Aces isn't my cup of tea. Chop Top apple is good but it's a tad strong on the menthol side for me. All in all, HRV, has some of the best quality juices I have tried. Rich, solid flavors blended to perfection.

Zikwid - Zenberry, Capone and Honey Blonde and Zapple rock. Zenberry was my first ADV. Fresa (Strawberry) and Amber Ale are lackluster and don't live up to their billing. I have not tried a flavor in the Vapers Choice or Boge lines that I like or would even think about recommending. They taste like Chinese juice. Hell, Boge may be for all I know. So, hey if you like Dekang or Hangsen they may be your cup o' tea. Halo, however, is one of my favorite juice makers and I like a number of their choices. Kringle's Curse is my favorite Christmas time vape.

AZ Vape Club - Dave sells several lines of boutique juices. This is where I got turned on to Hot Rod. The Five Pawns juices are pretty incredible too. Very complex. I love the Grandmaster and Bowdens mate. He also sells Drakes and Echelon is a juice I just can't get enough of. Villain Vapors has some incredible juice too. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde and Double Down are the ones that I own and use constantly. Top notch.

Alright folks. There's my local run down. Keep in mind that vape juice likes and dislikes are EXTREMELY subjective and just because I didn't like doesn't mean that you won't.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I've sampled some of HRV's juices at AZ Vape Club, as well as Villain's and Five Pawns. Given several things I learned recently with one of my regular juice vendors, might be looking more further into these lines of juices, that and not to mention, AZVC is a heck of a lot closer and easier to get to for me, thought I doubt anyone so far can match Hi Tec on prices. Second exposure to "Botiuque" juices I am currently experimenting with I got from the meet yesterday, though they are not local vendors, making me look more and more into these types of juices at least for variations. Like you I've tried a lot of Zikwid's juice lines, maybe a couple I'd regularly buy, like Vaper's Choice Strawberry is a little bland, but it can work for me, several others of their fruit lines, Boge, and Zikwid's signature lines, not impressed, the nic bases they use just are blah to me. Halo, I've been hit or miss of when it is fresh and needs steeping, or already been sitting on the shelf and steeped long enough before you can use it, but another thing that keeps me from buying Halo is price, I burn through on average 6 mils on work days to 12 mils a day when off from work on a bad day without crutching also on nic lozenges I generally use at work to keep my vape breaks to a minimum.

And yes, juices are very subjective just like devices a user has, I have to strongly agree with, which makes vaping so cool from my perspective, vaping is unique from vaper to vaper =D.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I also find Halo needs to sit and steep. BIG difference in the liquid then. Hated all of it at first. LOL

Jay gave me some of the Mad Murdock's 710 to check out at West Side. Got it in my rebuildable dripper this morning. IT ROCKS (if you like a chocolate (touch of carmel??) coffee). Vapor Vortex carries it I think. A little pricey, but worth it as a treat I think. I hear it needs to steep to be good, but what I'm vaping seems fine. I don't know how long Jay's had it. I'll be at the grand opening Saturday, so hopefully VV will have a bottle of it left when I get there.

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I also find Halo needs to sit and steep. BIG difference in the liquid then. Hated all of it at first. LOL

Jay gave me some of the Mad Murdock's 710 to check out at West Side. Got it in my rebuildable dripper this morning. IT ROCKS (if you like a chocolate (touch of carmel??) coffee). Vapor Vortex carries it I think. A little pricey, but worth it as a treat I think. I hear it needs to steep to be good, but what I'm vaping seems fine. I don't know how long Jay's had it. I'll be at the grand opening Saturday, so hopefully VV will have a bottle of it left when I get there.

The 710 was a bottle that I gave Jay, it has been steeping for at least 4 months, I like the flavoe but not the creamy tone that I got from it.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Ah, good to know James. Funny you posted that about the cream. Yeah, I was vaping it more last night and I also noticed that weird cream flavor kicked up in it and it's kind of a tongue coating lingering aftertaste. It reminds me of the horrid Dekang cream, kinda off/sour milk... that Dekang stuff is gagalishous *shivers*. It's not as bad as the Dekang, but close enough that I think it's going to move out of a must get flavor... too bad.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Two more to add to my list both bought day of and at AZ Vape Club's Grand Opening.

*Pre-warning disclaimer on my ratings of things, I live by a philosophy in life that nothing is absolute or perfect, everything has its flaws however minor, so thus you will never see a 10 out of 10 in my ratings of things. All tests are done on my SVD at 8 watts, 2.0 ohmish 1.8-2.2) 510 dripper or my Phoenix V4 RDA or my new iGo-L RDA single coils using silica wick.

First
Hot Rod Vapor's Big Daddy in 18mg (1.8%) Strength, HRV's standard PG/VG ratios - 9.5 out of 10. I vape various RY4 liquids, or have tested quite a few in a quest for a tobaccoish all day vape liquid, other liquids I have as change of pace, after dinner, or a high nic level quick couple puffs to keep going juices, or as treats, and find I like the sweeter variants of RY4's so vanilla and caramel are not strange to me, matter of fact I've got 1 straight vanilla and one straight caramel I vape as treat vapes from time to time. Tried this on a dripping atty first day AZVP had their soft opening, it was there but wasn't as I had been testing all types of liquids that day. Went in couple weeks later, tested it in believe it was an iClear16 they have for the testing juice bar, kind of had a better flavor. Grand opening day tested this again in what Aubie80 had it in, genesis style vaporizing head, alright, had to buy a bottle at that point. Not a tobacco flavor, but vanilla and caramel thrown in with butterscotch, this can easily bump my RY4's out of slots 1 and 2 for ADV liquids easily. Flavor profile you definitely taste the butterscotch at the forefront, blended well with vanilla to add a bit more sweetness that is not to overly powerfully sweet, and the caramel wraps the butterscotch up with a more buttery tone, accentuating the butterscotch perfectly. Tested on my iGo-L I immediately rebuilt from a dual coil it came as to a single coil at 8 watts, now presently dedicated in a T3 for regular rotation. Added to my list of 10 juices I will always have on hand. pbusardo style rating - Vapor ouput Heavy, even out of a T3 I can get a mild haze in my computer room after about 8-10 hits. Throat hit mild to not existent, feel the vapor on inhale, just no throat tickle, one of the reasons I like it. Taste is gloriously deliteful and flavorful without being overpowering.

AZ Vape Club's Supernatural No. 5 Pineapple Milkshake 6mg believe Dave stated it is 10PG/90VG or 100VG - 9.3 of 10 - I have tried a couple fully VG base liquids before, so I was quite surprised at the clouds this brand line produces, not to thick, but not as thin as Johnson Creek for a VG liquid. I was pretty intrigued before hand to sampling some of Dave's personal line of juice, walked into the grand opening, wasn't there 10 minutes when Roy and his fellow cloud buddy busted this out in their rigs. The smell was an immediate attention getter, had to try a taste, had to get a bottle right then and there after testing it on Roy's mech, LOL. This is a well blended liquid, you get plenty of pineapple flavor with a gentle creaminess to it for a lovely chain vaping liquid. First liquid I ran through the default build of my new iGo-L, which spurred me to rebuild it, first hit got a choking TH tickle I absolutely abhore getting, what I call a flooded or super wet hit. No worries, easily fixed when got home and rebuilt my iGo =). If the rest of this line is anything like this liquid, those of you that love your fog best be checking this flavor and line out. The flavor of this liquid is mouth watering and a delightful just sit back and enjoy the hot weather type of vape, pineapple fans, this is a must check out flavor. After my testing, this immediately was placed in a dieing T4 to test it for tank killing properties due to the pineapple, but is now presently occupying my Protank. Chain vaping have to watch every once in a while I get a mild wet TH tickle type hit, opposite of the dry hit tickle, hard to put into words to describe, but very enjoyable vape, and at such a low nic level, great for chain vaping. Vapor out put - very high you would expect from a VG liquid. Throat hit, most of the time none, with an occasional wet TH I can deal with. Flavor is sweet though muted down a bit, not as sweet as fresh pineapple, but tastes quite the same as fresh pinapple, not canned pineapple, so it is not over bearingly sharp, a very enjoyable vape.

byrdman041708

Reviewer / Blogger
Sep 21, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, here's update on some new luscious local stuff:

1. Ghostmodder's Supernatural No. 5 (pineapple milkshake) - this juice kicks ...! Love it. It is just behind HRV's Redline Lemonade in my ADV lineup
  2. Supernatural Cherry Bomb (black cherry vanilla) - a rich velvety treat
  3. Supernatural Citron Bomb (citrus menthol) - a palate clearing pleasure
  4. Space Age Andromeda (multiberry) ( from AZ VapeClub) - solid #3 in my ADV lineup

Here's an honorable mention: I went down to the soft opening of This Old Vape Shop just north of SweetWater on Cave Creek road. The juice there is rebranded ButtOut juice. Normally, I wouldn't touch the stuff because of some things that have occurred in the local vape community and my own experience at the ButtOut store, but the guy who owns This Old Vape Shop is a super nice guy named Luis. So, I bought the melon mashup juice. That is some tasty stuff, refreshing and light with just enough flavor and not overbearing. It would make a great all day vape. Unfortunately, I won't be repeating the purchase because of the aforementioned. Hence, sorry guys, it just will not make the list.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Couple more to add to my list. Note - I got in on the 50 mil bottle sale at HRV and bought 4 50mils of Big Daddy, and bought a couple 10 samples of 2 others that piqued my interest I sampled at AZVC, so these a first impressions of a non-steeped juice, both at 12mg 50/50 PG/VG.

HotRod Vapors Redline Lemonade - 9.2 of 10 - First sampling was at AZVC during a visit to get some more Big Daddy a few weeks ago, first impression then wasn't spectacular to me, my tastes really weren't into citrus flavors, especially lemons or lemonades. Well, reading reviews has kept my interest on this liquid as keep giving it a chance, and the fact I have been using an Earll Grey Tea flavor from Hi-Tec Vapor that has a strong lemon bite to it, I guess has opened me up to finally giving this liquid a real chance. One factor that might be playing here is as I have ordered it direct at my preferred ratio of PG/VG, and at 12mg nic possibly helped, but will need a bit to steep. Fresh out of the vapemail package, drip, drip, drip into my Phoenix RDA, O_O, hmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm, tasty :). Definitely a nice, lemon flavor at the forefront, and in the background a hint of strawberry that mellows out the citric bite, not what I was getting from the juice sampling bar at AZVC, I can see why it is a popular flavor among Joey's juice line. Several PT Mini 2's on order in Vapemail limbo, going to let this one steep a bit, then go dedicated into one the PT Mini 2 later next week, onto the list of reorder this in a larger quantity, don't see this lasting once steeped good for more than a couple days, my new sitting at the computer being lazy vape juice, knocking MBV's Grape out for that purpose. Vapor production - See my review on Big Daddy. Flavor - Nice, mellow, and very very tasty, liking it at this nic content. Throat Hit - mild to middle the way I like liquids, just enough to say hey I was here and not vaping just warm air.

HotRod Vapor's Four Barrel - First impression 4.2 of 10 - My first true e-liquid from an actual vaping store, was at Zikwid and it was Boge's USA Mix blend, which was immediately tossed after 2 days, and I bought my first bottle of Halo Tribecca. My taste buds at the time were still pretty messed up, and all I could taste was chemical, tasted like it smelled. This liquid I think will be steeping a long long while, however, the taste my reaction is different being I now know about steeping and such. This reminds me of that first day suffering through vaping my first real clearomizer of liquid, yet this time I am tasting things differently. It is still chemically in taste, almost exactly the same as Boge's USA Mix. Going to let this steep and test it over again at different intervals, 1 week, 2 weeks, month, 2 months, etc. As it stands right now, if I was in a pinch I could vape it, but going to let it age a bit, see how the flavor blends together nor take this as a definitive negative. User taste is subjective to each individual vapor, so there are other vapers out there that like this style of liquid as a tobacco flavor, but liking other tobaccos and RY4's, I taste no real tobacco, more a chemical tobacco synthetic type of deal. I'll review this liquid more in depth at the 3 or 4 month steeped time, as well as document its profile as it matures at certain steeping intervals. Vapor production - see Redline Lemonade and Big Daddy. Throat Hit is about middle of the spectrum, not strong but it is more than mild. Flavor - Holding this until my final review after it has steeped to give it a fair chance.

zekster76

Aug 31, 2013
Phoenix, AZ.
I was hoping to find someone who knew of a good tea flavor, especially Earl Grey. As a southerner, I'm a sweet tea addict (no, not cold tea with sugar added afterward...SWEET tea! :p ) & my grandmother was British so I get my love of a good cup of hot Earl Grey through heredity. I've tried a couple of sweet tea vapes & was so disappointed by them that I figured there was no use in looking for Earl Grey. Can you elaborate on how the one you have tastes? Please tell me it doesn't have lemon in it.

To me the Earl grey has a lemon taste to it, I do like tea flavors as well, this one is my ADV at the moment
Also from Hi Tec I buy apple(granny or ridiculous red) and minty mojito on a weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread