• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Good/Bad of Local Shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cap269

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Buckeye, AZ, USA
Maybe some things have changed over the past few months, but... I've visited the Zikwid (Glendale) three times in the past month. Would probably have gone sooner, but didn't know about them until I found their store location on the Halo website (I like Halo liquids, even though I know they are more expensive than others). Each of the three times, the staff were extremely patient and knowledgeable, had samples available for everything I wanted to try out, and I bought between $50 and $250 each time I went. So, maybe they've gotten better since the previous reviews? On my most recent trip (today), the counter guy even opened a new Genny-style rba tank, set it up, filled it with liquid, and let me try it out. I felt bad for not buying it after all that, but that was really good service, IMO. They are more expensive than some other places, granted, but I have gotten great service there, and will keep going back (and I drive there from Buckeye).

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Looks like this thread hasn't been visited in awhile, but any Az peeps check out AZ Vape Club lately? I'm here in Phoenix for a wedding and thought about checking this place out because they supposedly have a lot of gourmet/good juices but many on the website site say "coming soon". Do they have them yet and worth visiting?

If not, how about Desert Vapes?

surreal

Sep 14, 2012
Glendale, AZ
I visited ....-Out Express in Glendale today - less than 10 minutes from my house :D
It's tiny, but a great little shop. They mix the juice in the back as it's ordered, and have a decent selection of hardware on hand. I picked up a box of 5 "Kanger style" atomizers and some tasty Andrew's Mint juice. They have comfortable chairs to wait in if you happen to have people in line ahead of you as I did. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. I'll definitely be visiting again.

xBlackRobx

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
805/818 So Cal
So I've visited Zikwid Glendale (meh, got my mom set up there, but it's kinda too estrogeny and skinny jeans for me) and .... Out (liked it but way too packed on a random Sunday morning a few months ago), I'm super spoiled by all the vape shops in the greater LA area, I plan on checking out AZ Vape Club, but are any other spots worth my time or travel from Goodyear? (visiting fam and friends over the weekend)

p_dude

Sep 4, 2012
Phoenix AZ
So I've visited Zikwid Glendale (meh, got my mom set up there, but it's kinda too estrogeny and skinny jeans for me) and .... Out (liked it but way too packed on a random Sunday morning a few months ago), I'm super spoiled by all the vape shops in the greater LA area, I plan on checking out AZ Vape Club, but are any other spots worth my time or travel from Goodyear? (visiting fam and friends over the weekend)

The other day I went into Hi Tech vape shop once I found out they had the Russian 91% in stock and was pleasently suprised. The staff was pretty friendly and definately knowledgeable about RBAs/RDAs etc.. They also have a large selection of in-house juice which I didn't have time to check out. Worth a mention, anyway. I try to stay away from Zikwid after numberous bad experiences at both their Glendale and their Tempe locations.

Edit: Vape Central is another location worth checking out IMO. It's located on Camelback and 7th St. I believe. They have a nice selection of high end mechs and Five Pawns juices. Staff is also friendly.

Last edited:

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
My two favorite shops: Vape Central & Vapor Vortex (Scottsdale & Shea location).

Central has a very impressive selection of quality juice vendors and some premium mechs. Good stuff.

Vortex has an ok juice selection, some nice mechs, and they rebuild and customize right there. It's set up like a lounge and people do come in to vape and b.s. with the staff and other patrons. Good feel.

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
I have to second what has already been said about Desert Vapes. Their San Tan pickup is about 5 miles from my house and they have been really great; to the point where they swapped out something for me yesterday with just a phone call within 30 minutes of picking up my order because my wife didn't like the color. Really great service.

CCVapes - Only ordered from them once, and the initial shipment was a little slower than I would have expected, seeing as they're 15 miles from me; but their juices are really quite good. Without a doubt the most authentic chocolate flavor I've tried.

Speakeasy Vapor Lounge - Surprised no one has mentioned them. Store is in Chandler (they have a website and facebook page too, but only sell in-store). The owners also own a tattoo ship on Mill in Tempe (that I can't remember the name of). The first time I went in there I thought the selection was ok, but when I went back a few days later they had definitely expanded (got a shipment in). Very friendly and very helpful people. Willing to answer any questions you have and let you sample any and all of the juices they have (not much, but they told me they're adding more including a house brand very soon). Not the cheapest store for some things, but I think the prices are decent for a B&M (not that I've been to many). The atmosphere will definitely keep me coming back, as well as the selection (both authentic mods/ VV/VW devices / attys and some clones). I can't say enough good about this store. Free water and coffee, pool table, comfy chairs, big tv. Definitely has a lounge atmosphere to it. Chandler Blvd & Kyrene for anyone in that area.

Taltos

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
I just recently visited Speakeasy Vapor Lounge and Valor Vapor.

Speakeasy had a good atmosphere and they guy I spoke with was very knowledgeable. Every one was pleasant. They have a decent selection of liquids and the prices are decent for a B&M. I love the idea of a place to hang out and vape and they have done a decent job of trying to create that. The one problem for me was they do not carry 24mg strength liquid which is what I vape.

Valor Vapor is a new place that specializes in custom liquids. They are on the corner of S. Kyrene and Warner in Tempe. Address is 8830 S. Kyrene Rd., Suite 102. They have tasting counter and their liquids are great. I was very impressed with their flavors. I have been in 3 times in the last week and I think I met all three people running and working the place...Natalie, Keith, and Carl ( I think I have their names right ). They are all really cool and knowledgeable people. I also like the fact that they did not "make it up" if they weren't sure. They were honest about not having used a product as well as mentioning that they weren't excited about a particular product that was on their shelf. Big bonus points for that! They will make up a custom flavor right there in the store while you wait a few minutes. I had them make up 2 custom flavors so far and they were both great! Juice prices are not bad and they are running specials while they are new. $10 for a 15 mil bottle. That is even if it is a custom flavor. They are doing a buy one, get one half off for January. I'll be back here for juice regularly. They do have a selection of batteries, mods, clearo's, and more. It is small but not a bad selection.

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Back In Mesa
I just visited speakeasy today and also visited offbeat and unique in gilbert.

Speakeasy - really nice little shop, good setup and the girl there told me theyre open Sunday and all vapers are welcome to come, chill on the couches, hang out, watch sports, whatever. Which I think is a great touch because most of these places have a lounge area but I've never heard one of them straight tell me to just come by to hang out and bring friends. Very very cool. Im going to take them up on that. Also, ghost modder wide bores for 24 bucks, ill take one thanks.

Driving from one shop to the other - someone remind me why I live in mesa? Apparently beautiful blond women just go outside and run in groups in chandler. And they look so happy haha

Back on topic, offbeat and unique - place was just awesome. Not a lot of people in there but theyre brand new and gave me a chance to chat with the owners. Just excellent people. I was chatting with them for probably an hour and the owner was asking me about how long I was vaping and things like that. She could tell I pretty much knew my stuff and she grabs a pen for her notebook and started taking notes! I told her immediately that the community needs more people like her. She knows she doesnt know everything about really advanced topics but is willing to ask and willing to listen. She was asking me what kind of mods are ive tried and the good and bad.

I talked with her a lot about mechanicals and not to put the cart before the horse but shes talking about bringing in some really nice, high-end stuff in the near future so ill report back when I have more info.

Also, I dont know anyone that doesnt treat their existence as a toilet, including myself haha, but they have a great organic juice thing going and are looking to get more. Theyre very green people but are the most humble, non-snooty people ive ever met about it, and i come from California.

She even talked me into trying a rose juice, which no one had even suggested to me, and I fell in love. So im gonna stink like 6 and a half feet of roses and I give zero... well you know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
I went to Offbeat and Unique as well yesterday and was impressed. They didn't have a lot (I was on the lookout for a mech and/or a kayfun, so I may have overlooked some) but I was very impressed they had both 5 Pawns and several Provaris (and a zenesis as well). Definitely a place I'll visit again.

Also went to Evapeology on Williams Field and Gilbert Rd, mostly because the FB map said they had Suicide Bunny and I really wanted to try it. This particular shop didn't (though their Chandler and/or Mesa locations might). They did have something I'd never seen before: a Sigelei Hybrid. Didn't know they made hybrids. Girl working there was really nice and friendly. She made no attempt to hide that she was still learning a lot (both from the people coming in and from the owner). Another shop I'd love to visit again once they have more than eGos and ProTanks.

Lastly went to Kickin It Vapor on Higley and Baseline. Great atmosphere in the shop. They just opened so they didn't have a ton of stuff, but they're expecting a bunch more. They're partnered with .... Out, so they should do well. They have a new Jugs of Juice line coming to the store where the profits are going to go to breast cancer research. That alone is enough to get me to buy some. Very cool idea and a wonderful cause.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
Just to specify in case anyone cares, I believe that the speakeasy owner's tattoo shop is urban art, which im sure everyone has heard of.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Yep, I confirmed that today. The lady that is normally there is Sage's (the owner) sister-in-law (didn't know that until yesterday either). Wish I could remember her name...

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ
I've been to Synergy, Evapeology, Offbeat and Unique, and Zikwid...

Most impressed with Offbeat & Unique. I went there with a buddy of mine who bought a Provari amongst other items. I was originally planning on buying my Provari there but ended up with a Stealth instead. Their selection of liquids are good and have a decent selection of equipment.

I'm hoping they get more of the higher end hard to find stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread