The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

rewrapped battery issue.

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by rucni, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rucni

rucni Senior Member ECF Veteran

last weekend i rewrapped 4 of my batteries, 2 married sets, i did one set at a time to male sure they didnt get mixed up. both sets are almost a year old and have been used daily at 55watts on a dovpo guardian 1.5 with either at herakles plus .2ohm coil, or herakles rta-2. after rewrapping one of my sets works for about 30 hits them i get a weak battery warning on my mod. i have tried 2 other guardians and my an old 100watt mod i have with the same results. has anyone else had an issue witg rewraps? batteries are Aspire 2500mah icr. they worked great until i rewrapped them.

2. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    I don't see how rewrapping them would affect performance, seems it may be time for new batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    The only way that rewrapping could affect your performance is if the wrap is interfering with the connections to the battery terminal in the mod somehow. Otherwise your batteries may be at the end of their life cycle. Mourn them do not, at one with the force they have become!

• Like Like x 2
  4. rucni

both contact points are clear. it just seems odd that an issue occurred after i rewrapped. i have 2 sets of efest 35amp that are 2yrs old and still working but only give me 3hrs of use. i am hoping to be able to buy some new batteries next weekend. just need to make up my mind between hg2 or xjmo. one coworker swears by hg2 the other xjmo. my local shop doesnt sell the Aspire batteries anymore and the prices are to high for me to buy 4 at once so i am going to try imrbatteries and hope everything is good.

5. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    You didn't shrink the wrap by popping them in the oven or something did you?
    Other than that, can't see the wrap doing anything other than what it's supposed to do...

6. rucni

took the wifes hair dryer like i would if i was using shrink tubing while rewiring the harness on my motorcycle

7. Txaggiesaunt

Txaggiesaunt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2013
    Texas
    Ditch them. Time for new batteries. They are usually only good for about 300 charges. Everyday for a year has weakened them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joergl100

Joergl100 Super Member

They are tired...let them retire after one year of daily using. BTW: Aspire is a rewrapper...there are no Aspire cells existing.

Do not buy "Aspire"-batteries, look for originals like Sony, LG, Samsung...NOT Efest or something like that.

9. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don't buy the xjmo. Rewraps, most likely factory seconds with ridiculously exaggerated ratings. This is the case with all rewraps. Efest (there are no 35 amp cells, your efest are probably max 10), awt, mxjo etc. Buy only authentic Samsung, Sony, and LG cells from trusted vendors. And have a look at Mooch's battery charts to find the true, tested ratings of each cell.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. rucni

as always gained a wealth of knowledge from this forum. havent posted in a long time since i started working for a b&m near me. so now i just need to pick between 25r or lg hg2. probably go with the one with higher mah. think its like 51 bucks usd for 12 25r's and 66 bucks usd for al12 hg2's. dont really need 12 batteries but it would be nice to have extras close at hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.