Rewrapps causing me issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I had a couple small tares in my hg2's in my releaux dna200 so I decided to rewrap them

Now I can't get a good enough connection at all my thoughts are the wraps are too thick and not sitting in them damn cupplings in the damn dna version

Any advice? I used a hairdryer maybe that wasn't enough power? For the shrinkage?

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I would not do it. The DNA200 board does not have reverse polarity protections. If you were to accidentally put a battery in backwards, it would fry the fuse, which unless you can solder alright is not user replaceable.

Hold up, so if you accidentally install your battery the wrong way you will fry the DNA200 board?

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Hold up, so if you accidentally install your battery the wrong way you will fry the DNA200 board?
Yes. Not familiar with other dna200 mods, but with the Wismec they have a lip around the positive end of the 18650 connection to stop this from happening. So, normally if you install the battery the wrong way it will not make a connection. The op was thinking about cutting those lips though.

It won't fry the whole board just the fuse.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
A Fuse is a poor way to initiate Reverse protection and rather Old School. Sad if Evolv still has not worked this out when China Boards have been offering the feature for Years.

Looking at the Sled - Negative is the Extended Button, easy to make contact.
Positive is the small Dome:
Protection is the Spacing controlled by the ring. The ring is spaced the width of a Positive contact, not the width of the Battery<Looking at pictures>

Compare and if correct, the top overlap of the Sleeve should be Minimal to avoid contact with the Ring. The Battery Positive plastic ring will do the necessary Isolation.

* It sounds as though your Wrap is actually Shrink Tubing - Not Battery Sleeve. Battery sleeve is extremely thin. Some almost transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread